Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Grime Thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anybody listen to grime?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I used to listen to Grime too much back in the day (until few years ago) but its jus' become stupid. Everyone who isn't willing to get education, or a job just starts Grime.
    More into Hip-Hop & RnB now
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I listen to quite a bit of grime, favourite MCs for me would be D Double E, Trim, Wiley, P Money, Dot Rotten and Devlin. There's been a few grime threads around, I think there was a grime society at some point as well, might be worth a look.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coldeversince)
    Anybody listen to grime?

P money > all
    Yes I do

Top 3

P Money
    Trim
    Rival

And I hope you're not basing your opinion of P Money on his dubstep releases.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1137621
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Harry Shotta is the best UK MC, D&B, Hip Hop and Grime. Whatever he takes it to he goes in and he goes in hard.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Yes I do

Top 3

P Money
    Trim
    Rival

And I hope you're not basing your opinion of P Money on his dubstep releases.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1137621
    Basing it on his mixtape M.O.E and his freestyles/after hour sessions @ Kiss
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh lawd not this again, always turns into a multi-page argument. Money Over Everyone is a lot though, I have rinsed that mixtape
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JCC-MGS)
    Oh lawd not this again, always turns into a multi-page argument. Money Over Everyone is a lot though, I have rinsed that mixtape
    Yeah annoying inni

I don't like talking about grime much on here TBH because most people don't understand it very well.

People start getting silly and throwing names around like Example etc. Then others just start saying it's not real music and only chavs listen to it.

But I'm willing to have a sensible discussion.

OP, P Money isn't the best ATM, I'd say Trim is.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    2011 is Trim's year IMO, he has had a few releases and they've all been solid.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    2011 is Trim's year IMO, he has had a few releases and they've all been solid.
    This definitely, Trim is on fire at the moment. I think he's supposed to be dropping an album next? Could be amazing if he has the right beats for it.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeniedExistence)
    This definitely, Trim is on fire at the moment. I think he's supposed to be dropping an album next? Could be amazing if he has the right beats for it.
    Yeah, he is a bit suspect for his beat selection but he's getting better IMO. But he's signed to Butterz now so hopefully he can work with some of their producers (Royal-T, Terror Danjah etc)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anybody that says example does grime needs to get shot lol
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coldeversince)
    Anybody that says example does grime needs to get shot lol
    I don't think it's ever been that extreme lol, but people who say Giggs is grime winds me up.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    J1 from Stayfresh is battling Merky Ace at LOTM3, the hype sessions from J1 were sick, I think he could take Merky. Midlands >>>>
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    J1 from Stayfresh is battling Merky Ace at LOTM3, the hype sessions from J1 were sick, I think he could take Merky. Midlands >>>>
    Yeah I rated J1's session, some sick brum talent coming through these days. S15 is my fave tho

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Bluku Bluku! Dizzee rascal WENT IN!!! And D Double E's last bar, in the track, was sick. But the video was quite bad though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Gsv9aPyqIA
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cable)
    Bluku Bluku! Dizzee rascal WENT IN!!! And D Double E's last bar, in the track, was sick. But the video was quite bad though.
    Terrible song
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Terrible song
    Trust me, was sat there replaying it for ages thinking I must be missing something cause a D Double and Dizzee collab couldn't sound that bad. But it did.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Terrible song
    K brah. Your opinion.

I admit the chorus and the video were quite bad. But I honestly saw nothing wrong with Dizzee's part and D double e's last bar.

I admit I haven't been listening to grime for a while. So maybe that's why I liked Bluku bluku.

Do you know of any of the latest good grime tracks that you can recommend for me to listen to?

And what didn't you like about Bluku Bluku?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 9, 2013
New on TSR

GCSE mocks revision

Talk study tips this weekend

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.