ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Sox choked on the clash, so Kozzie won by default
    Ah I didn't know, would've put my money on Sox actually
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    In fact the only mainstream rappers I rate are Giggs and Tinie Tempah
    You like Giggs as a rapper? What do you like about him? He bores me immensely.
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nugiboy)
    Grime died back in around 06/07. Well to me anyway..
    Either ^ that or this:

Grime isn't dead as such, it's just evolved, it's no longer just a LDN thing with raves kicking off everywhere, it used to be a scene, now it's more of a genre...

And yes Mz Bratt is too fit, good call

(Original post by claret_n_blue)
    Jelluzz a

D Stubborn

Lady Leshur

Then you have the Akala's, Lowkey's and Immortal Techniques who can MURDER Grime if they wanted but choose not to for moral and political reasons.
    Really?

REALLY?

REALLY????????????????

(Original post by BulgeBracket)
    Chipmunk (who was never anything special in the first place)
    Really?

REALLY?

REALLY????????????????

(Original post by Cable)
    You like Giggs as a rapper? What do you like about him? He bores me immensely.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    Really?

REALLY

Yeah, really.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I knew ice kid from time ago but he doesn't give a **** about grime cos he owns half of eskibeat, he tried to do a rap tune with some chick (Forgot her name, i think it was Z dot or something) not a while back but his voice isn't set out for anything to do with grime, his bars are good and his flow's decent but yeah .. he can't make any proper hyped up tunes cos of his voice, Talk of the town was decent but that's about it.

Ghetts is like .. nowhere to be seen.

Marger's decent, Rival's decent, Trim's decent, Merky ace is decent, Dappy's Tarzan freestyle's actually decent for some reason, P money's decent, Blacks is decent, one person that needs recognition is Jammin .. his flow's sick on a few beats (listen to p money, blacks, jammin, jammer, desperado and jendor's after hours session and you'll see what I mean), Kozzie's decent.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coldeversince)
    I knew ice kid from time ago but he doesn't give a **** about grime cos he owns half of eskibeat, he tried to do a rap tune with some chick (Forgot her name, i think it was Z dot or something) not a while back but his voice isn't set out for anything to do with grime, his bars are good and his flow's decent but yeah .. he can't make any proper hyped up tunes cos of his voice, Talk of the town was decent but that's about it.

Ghetts is like .. nowhere to be seen.

Marger's decent, Rival's decent, Trim's decent, Merky ace is decent, Dappy's Tarzan freestyle's actually decent for some reason, P money's decent, Blacks is decent, one person that needs recognition is Jammin .. his flow's sick on a few beats (listen to p money, blacks, jammin, jammer, desperado and jendor's after hours session and you'll see what I mean), Kozzie's decent.
    Few points.

- Pretty sure Ice Kid didn't own any of Eskibeat, he was signed to it by Wiley
    - It was A.Dot who Ice Kid did a collab with. ZDot is a producer, look him up
    - Dappy isn't grime but his Tarzan Freestyle was good

Other than that, good post
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Few points.

- Pretty sure Ice Kid didn't own any of Eskibeat, he was signed to it by Wiley
    - It was A.Dot who Ice Kid did a collab with. ZDot is a producer, look him up
    - Dappy isn't grime but his Tarzan Freestyle was good

Other than that, good post
    - He says in a few freestyles that he doesn't care about music because he owns half of eskibeat.
    - yeh I don't remember names of people
    - I know dappy isn't grime but yeh his freestyle was good.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Coldeversince)
    - He says in a few freestyles that he doesn't care about music because he owns half of eskibeat.
    - yeh I don't remember names of people
    - I know dappy isn't grime but yeh his freestyle was good.
    But Eskibeat is dead, none of the MCs that were signed to it are relevant anymore.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Yeah annoying inni

I don't like talking about grime much on here TBH because most people don't understand it very well.

People start getting silly and throwing names around like Example etc. Then others just start saying it's not real music and only chavs listen to it.

But I'm willing to have a sensible discussion.

OP, P Money isn't the best ATM, I'd say Trim is.
    I understand it fully well and i can vouch for the people who don't understand it that it is such a untalented and stupid genre of music that needs to just die.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DdotT)
    I understand it fully well and i can vouch for the people who don't understand it that it is such a untalented and stupid genre of music that needs to just die.
    You clearly don't understand it very well.

Grime is about the beat, you don't have to listen to the vocals

If you're not into urban music then fair enough, but if you're into DnB and Dubstep etc, then you would understand it's not "untalented music"
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    You clearly don't understand it very well.

Grime is about the beat, you don't have to listen to the vocals

If you're not into urban music then fair enough, but if you're into DnB and Dubstep etc, then you would understand it's not "untalented music"
    yh i know it is and i like the beats, but the whole genre is still just crap.

And i have listened to DnB and Dubstep still both are not that good, more talented then Grime though.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shut up
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jingers)
    Really?

REALLY?
    Lowkey: Who said I can't do Grime

Lowkey has big potential as well. His "main" claim to fame was that Chipmunk Diss but his flow was too sick on that. Apart from P Money, I can't really think of another artist who kick started his career with a diss track. But he CHOOSES not to spit Grime.

Akala: Shakespere

It wasn't you but the person who said Chipmunk was never anything special:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDwI7KQAlD8

That is a TUNE.

He had MASSIVE potential in Grime. Thats one of the reasons why people are so annoyed at him because he could've taken it to another level.

Ghetts tried to keep it alive with like Artillery but I don't rate him ever since he tried to call out Lowkey. Plus, he got terrorised by Bashy in LOTM, P Money's Dub killed him and then Top 1 Selected "wasn't aimed at him" but we all know it was and that was just too much.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claret_n_blue)
    Lowkey: Who said I can't do Grime

Lowkey has big potential as well. His "main" claim to fame was that Chipmunk Diss but his flow was too sick on that. Apart from P Money, I can't really think of another artist who kick started his career with a diss track. But he CHOOSES not to spit Grime.

Akala: Shakespere

It wasn't you but the person who said Chipmunk was never anything special:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDwI7KQAlD8

That is a TUNE.

He had MASSIVE potential in Grime. Thats one of the reasons why people are so annoyed at him because he could've taken it to another level.

Ghetts tried to keep it alive with like Artillery but I don't rate him ever since he tried to call out Lowkey. Plus, he got terrorised by Bashy in LOTM, P Money's Dub killed him and then Top 1 Selected "wasn't aimed at him" but we all know it was and that was just too much.
    Lowkey would be sick on grime

The way he killed Petrol Bomb, one of my favourite grime vocals ever lol

Wouldn't say P sending for Ghetts kickstarted his career though, I'd say his dubstep releases kickstarted his career.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DdotT)
    yh i know it is and i like the beats, but the whole genre is still just crap.

And i have listened to DnB and Dubstep still both are not that good, more talented then Grime though.
    Ok well you're entitled to your opinion I guess

But by saying you like the beats but not grime is kinda defeating the object.

From the sounds of it, you just don't like aggressive lyrics and rap in general, not the genre itself.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ok well you're entitled to your opinion I guess

But by saying you like the beats but not grime is kinda defeating the object.

From the sounds of it, you just don't like aggressive lyrics and rap in general, not the genre itself.
    I said i like the beats to a point, but the WHOLE genre is still crap i said.
    And i do hate the genre itself, whether you rap about nice things or being a badman init blud, it freaking sucks.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Shut up
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was at a rave yesterday, is it me or does the original POW make you just want to go ****ing mental?

Plus as lyricists, as someone else as said, i rate Akala Lowkey and Immortal Technique way above anything Grime has produced. Saying that i do like JME's lyrics, although most of the time they're about random ****
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jampolo)
    Was at a rave yesterday, is it me or does the original POW make you just want to go ****ing mental?

Plus as lyricists, as someone else as said, i rate Akala Lowkey and Immortal Technique way above anything Grime has produced. Saying that i do like JME's lyrics, although most of the time they're about random ****
    Yeah but Akala, Lowkey and Immo couldn't make everybody in the dance go crazy like a lot of other MC's can.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jampolo)

the original POW was banned in clubs when it first came out because people went so crazy when it came on haha

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 9, 2013
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.