The Student Room Group

Petroleum engineering and my as results?

Im really wanting to apply for petroleum engineering at various unis including Leeds and Manchester which require AAB grades whereas my as grades were;

Maths - C got a D in C1 which dragged grade down and i reckon i can pull this up to a B with a resit.

Physics - B happy with this really as its not the easiest as.

Biology - B bit gutted as biol 2 i got a C which pulled grade down and could be amended to an A.

Geography - B.

So overall i got BBBC and i reckon (with some encouraging) i could get predicted ABB/AAB and i am droping geography. Does this seem reasonable and are these grades good enough?

Also any added tips towards petroleum engineering would be ideal! thanks!
Original post by Zibon
Im really wanting to apply for petroleum engineering at various unis including Leeds and Manchester which require AAB grades whereas my as grades were;

Maths - C got a D in C1 which dragged grade down and i reckon i can pull this up to a B with a resit.

Biology - B bit gutted as biol 2 i got a C which pulled grade down and could be amended to an A.

Geography - B.

So overall i got BBBC and i reckon (with some encouraging) i could get predicted ABB/AAB and i am droping geography. Does this seem reasonable and are these grades good enough?

Slightly off-topic, but it's nice to see somebody with interesting ambitions. Petroleum engineering sounds very cool. Usually, the cocks on here are all about the Investment Banking/Medicine/Law schtuff. Unimaginative pricks.
Reply 2
Yeh not many people have heard of it when i mention it to them, but im looking for people doing the course atm to see if my grades are decent enough :confused:
Reply 3
Original post by Joel4fun4u
Slightly off-topic, but it's nice to see somebody with interesting ambitions. Petroleum engineering sounds very cool. Usually, the cocks on here are all about the Investment Banking/Medicine/Law schtuff. Unimaginative pricks.

Prospective petroleum engineers are motivated almost entirely by money. It's no different than banking/finance.
Original post by TheFoxBlip
Prospective petroleum engineers are motivated almost entirely by money. It's no different than banking/finance.

I wasn't talking about money.
Reply 5
Hi, i am doing Maths, Physics and sociology. i was wonderring what subjects are required to get into a good university which does petroleum engineering. is Chemistry compulsory to do?
Reply 6
Original post by Zibon

Geography - B.

Is chemistry Compulsory??????
Reply 7
Think it helps but only need for the the MEng by the looks of it. On the University of Manchester website it claims Mathematics and one other science is ok. I reckon just take the 3 year course and a masters somewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest