The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Interviews for science at UCL

I have 2 interviews coming up at UCL, one for biochem, one for natural sciences, (see below).

Are UCL interviews similar to cambridge interviews?
My cambridge interview included no normal interview questions (why do you want to come here?, about the course etc.) it solely included scientific questions, is this the case with UCL or shall I expect more questions of this type.

Whats the competition like for Natural Sciences? cos i think thats my 1st choice atm.?

Cheers in advance - Iain
I don't know because I'm just a year 12 student atm! But I'm thinking of applying for Natural Sciences in a years time, and I'm beginning to think of unis...UCL and Cambridge are possibilities. At Cambridge did they really ask scientific questions only?? What sorta thing did they ask? I was gonna apply to top universities like this as I'm predicted 5 As at AS Level, (plus General Studies which I don't know the predicted grade but I don't suppose it's important). However, I'm beginning to doubt myself. There are loads of really bright people in my year who got 7 or 8 A*s at GCSE and I'm thinking, I'm not as good as them! Sorry, I'm going off-topic...sorry I can't help anyway.

MissSurfer

P.S. Shame you were unsuccessful at Cambridge, but good luck for UCL!

IainM
I have 2 interviews coming up at UCL, one for biochem, one for natural sciences, (see below).

My cambridge interview included no normal interview questions (why do you want to come here?, about the course etc.) it solely included scientific questions, is this the case with UCL or shall I expect more questions of this type.

Whats the competition like for Natural Sciences? cos i think thats my 1st choice atm.?

Cheers in advance - Iain
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
MissSurfer
I don't know because I'm just a year 12 student atm! But I'm thinking of applying for Natural Sciences in a years time, and I'm beginning to think of unis...UCL and Cambridge are possibilities. At Cambridge did they really ask scientific questions only?? What sorta thing did they ask? I was gonna apply to top universities like this as I'm predicted 5 As at AS Level, (plus General Studies which I don't know the predicted grade but I don't suppose it's important). However, I'm beginning to doubt myself. There are loads of really bright people in my year who got 7 or 8 A*s at GCSE and I'm thinking, I'm not as good as them! Sorry, I'm going off-topic...sorry I can't help anyway.

Yes they did, i would describe it as a science exam in the presence of 2 interviewers.

I would certainly think about applying, I have similar grades, but reading the cambridge forum lots of people have similar grades and have offers, grades are not everything.

Dont let it put you off!

lets get back o.t.
IainM

Cheers in advance - Iain

Well, I can only tell you from my interview experience. I applied (and am currently studying) Maths at UCL a couple of years back. My personal statement was laden with the specific ares of Maths that I was interested in, so we went into a lot of detail - there were lots of questions that really made me think, but I did well on it. Truth be told, I found my UCL interview tougher than my Cambridge maths interview and I got into UCL and was rejected by Cambridge. I had a couple of the 'regular' questions like you described, but that section of my interview only lasted 3 or 4 minutes of my 20/30 minute interview. Anyhows, I hope that this advice helps. Good luck with your interview. :smile:
Reply 4
I also have another question,

does anyone have any past applications statistics for my courses. What sort of chance do I have?

Iain
IainM
I also have another question,

does anyone have any past applications statistics for my courses. What sort of chance do I have?

Iain

I'm afraid not. Still, why do you care now? You've got interviews - you can only do your best, that's all. I'm sure you'll do fine. :smile:
Reply 6
pratikv
I'm afraid not. Still, why do you care now? You've got interviews - you can only do your best, that's all. I'm sure you'll do fine. :smile:

Yer I spose your right, just after cambridge i really wanna nail it.
IainM
Yer I spose your right, just after cambridge i really wanna nail it.

Yeah I know how you feel - I felt the same when I didn't get into Cambridge. Good luck and I'll hopefully see you next year. :smile:
Reply 8
Heey guys if anyone wants any interview advice for ucl natsci i can help you out just pm me
:biggrin:
Reply 9
How do you get interviews for two subjects at the same university?
Reply 10
shrep
How do you get interviews for two subjects at the same university?

You apply for two subjects at the same university.
Reply 11
Let's bump a thread from almost 3 years ago!

...sozzberry is correct. :smile:
Reply 12
I was just going through looking for interview questions for a friend when I spotted it, I didn't realise you could apply for two subjects.

Latest

Trending

Trending