Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

accommodation at stafford!

Announcements Posted on
One quick question - from of our list, who would you most like to see on TSR doing a Q&A? 23-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I received my accommodation offer at stafford court today. Thought we could try and see whos gonna be your neighbours before we get there!
    I got Weston house, flat 5, room 25
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Second Floor, Flat 10, Room 46, Eccleshall House.

I'm waiting until I'm sure of my bank details before I accept, and to make sure I have enough for the £250 upfront.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Btw, anyone got a plan of Stafford court so we can see where the different houses are please>???
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    What you can do is look up 'Hello Freshers' on Google and there should be a link to a page from Staffs Uni in your results (or www.hellofreshers.co.uk/staffs in your web address). Select 'Stafford Court & Yarlet' and at the top of the next screen is a list of all the house names. Pick the one you're in and the next page has a diagram that highlights your house in the general map of the halls.

Recommend you don't mess with the whole Facebook thingies or anything yet, I think the maps still show residents from last year and it might still not be refreshed for this year...

On another note, does your offer say what floor you're on? Ground, First or Second (Top)?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for that. Its second floor- not sure if thats good or not!!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Second floor is actually the top of three levels. There's Ground, First and Second is the top floor.
    • 89 followers

ReputationRep:
    Damn. Im on the top floor then!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Why would you not want to be on the top floor? you have nobody banging above you and you have nobody walking past your window.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Move in/move out can be a pain if you're on top floor I've never had an issue and i've been on ground floor 3 times
    • 89 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbuckley92)
    Why would you not want to be on the top floor? you have nobody banging above you and you have nobody walking past your window.
    I suppose thats one of the perks of the top floor

(Original post by volmasoft)
    Move in/move out can be a pain if you're on top floor I've never had an issue and i've been on ground floor 3 times
    This. And there's the fact that you have to walk up/down stairs for being on the top floor. I suppose once I've moved in, it won't be too bad
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de_monies)
    And there's the fact that you have to walk up/down stairs for being on the top floor. I suppose once I've moved in, it won't be too bad
    Yeah, I'm sure that's gonna be easy to get used to, to be honest.
    • 89 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ricb321)
    Yeah, I'm sure that's gonna be easy to get used to, to be honest.
    In all fairness, I have to go down two floors to get down to the living room at the minute but I'd prefer to be lazy
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Hi could somebody please let us know what is in Stafford Court kitchens , for example is there a kettle or toaster? Be a bit silly everyone bringing one and ending up with 12!!
    Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firefly111)
    Hi could somebody please let us know what is in Stafford Court kitchens , for example is there a kettle or toaster? Be a bit silly everyone bringing one and ending up with 12!!
    Thanks
    If it hasn't changed since when I was there 2 years ago then its a yes to both of those items!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyboi90)
    If it hasn't changed since when I was there 2 years ago then its a yes to both of those items!
    Thanks very much
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Was assigned room 8 but trying to change to top floor. yarlet
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firefly111)
    Thanks

(Original post by mattyboi90)
    I didn't get a toaster last year got a kettle though, shame I don't like hot drinks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Norbury house, first floor, room 38

Hi my name is Siva, BEng Telecommunication Eng, anyone in the same house or floor?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T_bolton)
    Was assigned room 8 but trying to change to top floor. yarlet
    Top floor Yarlet was the single greatest accomodation at Stafford! For all the naysayers about it, Yarlet has the biggest rooms, biggest kitchens, most toilet and shower facilities and is isolated from security so you can do what you want really.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    The uni don't provide toasters but provide a kettle + microwave

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 8, 2012
New on TSR

TSR Freshers' blogs 2014

Read what TSR's freshers have to say as they head off to uni

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.