The Student Room Group

MSc Mathematical Modelling and Scientific Computing

Scroll to see replies

Hi Dan thanks for replying! I am working through them now in Mathematical Techniques, and will then move onto pdes. I just finished the chapters on matrices (Gaussian elimination and eigenvalues). After odes and pdes I think I'll be out of time. Any tips? Thanks!
Hi,

Has anyone applied for the November deadline? Do you know when we can expect to hear about interviews and are they likely to be before Christmas?
Original post by Mathematicsgeek
Hi,

Has anyone applied for the November deadline? Do you know when we can expect to hear about interviews and are they likely to be before Christmas?

Hey, I applied a few weeks ago, you heard back yet?
Reply 103
Will take the interview tomorrow~ Good luck to me!:smile:
I have submitted my application to this program but one referee was not able to submit the letter in time. But my application says that it is ready for assessment. Do you think I could make it to the interviews and if the one less letter would make a difference?
does any of the applicants this year know anything??? I had the interview 6 days ago and no news. The wait is killing me.
Original post by Erasman
does any of the applicants this year know anything??? I had the interview 6 days ago and no news. The wait is killing me.

Hey man, I had my interview in November and heard a few days later. Wouldn't sweat too much still plenty of time.
Original post by Steven2013
Hey man, I had my interview in November and heard a few days later. Wouldn't sweat too much still plenty of time.

mmmm, okay, I'll have to wait then hahaha
how was your interview? did you answer to everything correctly? I answered everything except for a question that kind of shocked me... I don't know if I should consider myself more out or in
Original post by Erasman
mmmm, okay, I'll have to wait then hahaha
how was your interview? did you answer to everything correctly? I answered everything except for a question that kind of shocked me... I don't know if I should consider myself more out or in

I answered both the questions I was asked but the first one I kind of flunked wasn't really expecting it. I wasn't too confident either but you never know how it actually went. Good luck :smile: what is your background if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Steven2013
I answered both the questions I was asked but the first one I kind of flunked wasn't really expecting it. I wasn't too confident either but you never know how it actually went. Good luck :smile: what is your background if you don't mind me asking?

You have the offer then?
I have studied Aeronautics in Spain, top 5% and with experience in math modelling of an internship of one year. But I made a mistake in the interview and I hope that they don't consider it unforgivable hahaha.
By the way, do you remember exactly how many days later you heard of them?
(edited 7 years ago)
Any one holding an offer on this course can tell me if you were asked to pay deposit??? I accept mine ages ago, no such thing mentioned within the letter.
Neither have I heard from any college for a position.
Frighten to death that they invalidates my offer because deposit is missing =(

Does this course need deposit ??????
Original post by Naaaaallly
Any one holding an offer on this course can tell me if you were asked to pay deposit??? I accept mine ages ago, no such thing mentioned within the letter.
Neither have I heard from any college for a position.
Frighten to death that they invalidates my offer because deposit is missing =(

Does this course need deposit ??????

no deposit needed for this course, don't worry:
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/fees-and-funding/tuition-and-college-fees/deposits?wssl=1

could we talk for two minutes via PM about your interview etc? please!
Original post by Erasman
no deposit needed for this course, don't worry:
https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/fees-and-funding/tuition-and-college-fees/deposits?wssl=1

could we talk for two minutes via PM about your interview etc? please!

Thanks a lot!!!!!
Message me about what you want to know. I'd be glad if I can be helpful.
Hi everyone, congratulations to everyone has got an offer for the course! I have an interview this Friday and I was wondering if someone could clear something up about the interview? Like how impossible the technical questions are and whether they are geared more towards your personal background or are quite general?

Thank you in advance!
hey, everyone! I'm a Civil engineeirng undergraduate student and was just wondering if anyone has applied with a Beng degree and if it is possible to do that. if so, being one of the less mathematical subjects (compared to physics and pure mathematics), what typical skills would I need to focus on before applying? like I meet the prerequisites but most of the maths we do at uni is by using Math CAD.

Thank you
Reply 115
Anyone here who has applied for this course this year?
Original post by mathAR
Anyone here who has applied for this course this year?

Hi I applied on 19th Jan (Jan deadline)
When did you submit your application? My background is engineering
Reply 117
Original post by ravelhua
Hi I applied on 19th Jan (Jan deadline)
When did you submit your application? My background is engineering

I submitted via January Deadline too! Have you heard back from them yet? I am currently in the final year of Bachelors. Doing a bachelors in Mathematics
Did you get the interview, I applied on Jan deadline btw.
Original post by Kalalaaa
Did you get the interview, I applied on Jan deadline btw.

I applied for the Jan deadline aswell. Have not heard anything from them yet.

Has anyone heard back yet ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending