The Student Room Group

Economics at A level good or bad

Basically, I have heard that taken Law at A level disadvantages you from Law at University, as you pick up certain 'bad habits' per say. I was wondering if Economics is a worthwhile investment at college or shall I simply self teach myself during my spare time? I am considering applying for Economics/Economics and Management at university because I would like to become an investment banker. I know it does have a lot of relevance but how beneficial is it? I am definitely taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Geography.. but hanging on the borderline for Economics as a fifth A level. Depending on your comments I will either take 4 or 5. Thanks in advance.
Definitely take it. Most top Universities require you to have A-Level Economics or 'strongly prefer' it. If your school offers it, you'd be stupid not to take it. Besides, if you then realise economics isnt your thing you could avoid applying for it.
Reply 2
take econ but only take 5 if you have strong gcse's as it will be a LOT of work with those a levels you've chosen
Reply 3
Original post by Camillus
Basically, I have heard that taken Law at A level disadvantages you from Law at University, as you pick up certain 'bad habits' per say. I was wondering if Economics is a worthwhile investment at college or shall I simply self teach myself during my spare time? I am considering applying for Economics/Economics and Management at university because I would like to become an investment banker. I know it does have a lot of relevance but how beneficial is it? I am definitely taking Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Geography.. but hanging on the borderline for Economics as a fifth A level. Depending on your comments I will either take 4 or 5. Thanks in advance.

:facepalm2:

As for advice, take it. Universities actually 'recommend' it as a subject
Reply 4
Thank you :smile: I will DEFINITELY take it :biggrin:
Reply 5
Definitely worth it - I started uni this year studying economics at Exeter and it would have been such a struggle had I not taken it at A level!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending