Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Favorite Festival any why

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathhh8)
    When i last went to Camp Bestival, they had a tannoy speaker thing at 8AM!!! after being up late and it was the worst thing ever, did they have this at Bestival???
    No.....last year I was foolish enough to camp right next to the wishing tree (but so good because could dance til silly times then literally fall into tent!), but if you camped a bit further away/in the centre of one of the fields, then it was fine; reasonably quiet (as festivals go!) Also love it because it feels so safe, you're not constantly worrying about anything you've left in your tent, always a plus!
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marquisinspades)
    No.....last year I was foolish enough to camp right next to the wishing tree (but so good because could dance til silly times then literally fall into tent!), but if you camped a bit further away/in the centre of one of the fields, then it was fine; reasonably quiet (as festivals go!) Also love it because it feels so safe, you're not constantly worrying about anything you've left in your tent, always a plus!
    I thought this until I got my bag and all my alcohol stolen last year thankfully no valuables! to be honest though, it was my fault as I was camped pretty much where you were right on the main path so I was asking for it, it's always a bit of a lucky dip when you're in those kinds of areas.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Summer Saturnalia for me...

quality electronic music.... intimate atmosphere.... proper party heads having a good time... beautiful countryside... local to me (Leeds)... with bargain tickets...

whats not to like!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirtyoldriver)
    I thought this until I got my bag and all my alcohol stolen last year thankfully no valuables! to be honest though, it was my fault as I was camped pretty much where you were right on the main path so I was asking for it, it's always a bit of a lucky dip when you're in those kinds of areas.
    I was literally right on the path, but in a way, that made it feel even safer, because there was a constant stream of people passing (didn't even have the tent fallen on too much!) I was camped with loads of friends though.....like 10 tents or so, so I suppose that made it better; there was pretty much always there who (hopefully!) would've realised if someone random was going into our tents....
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marquisinspades)
    I was literally right on the path, but in a way, that made it feel even safer, because there was a constant stream of people passing (didn't even have the tent fallen on too much!) I was camped with loads of friends though.....like 10 tents or so, so I suppose that made it better; there was pretty much always there who (hopefully!) would've realised if someone random was going into our tents....
    Yeah, I was just slightly in from it and about a couple of tents away from our main group of friends so pretty vulnerable. We were also right next to this awesome but very attention-drawing painted tent so I guess people were drawn in :p: it's so annoying because bestival is usually so happy and safe. Still, going this year and can't wait
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dirtyoldriver)
    Yeah, I was just slightly in from it and about a couple of tents away from our main group of friends so pretty vulnerable. We were also right next to this awesome but very attention-drawing painted tent so I guess people were drawn in :p: it's so annoying because bestival is usually so happy and safe. Still, going this year and can't wait
    Were you in the first field?.....Maybe blue? Because I was just down from an amazing painted tent which was right on the path; I think maybe it had a caterpillar or something on it. So useful for finding tent when coming back at about 3!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    Used to be Leeds but the music has taken a severe downhill turn for me.

Download is high on my list as I love the music and the banter, BUTTSCRATCHER anyone?

But my fav has to be Big Chill it was such a lovely chilled atmosphere, you just do what you like and everyone is dead nice. I prefer the music at DL but the crowds at Big Chill were never too packed, no push & shove and everyone just wants a good time. Sadly at DL you get the passionate rockers littered with chavs and dickheads. :sad:

02 Wireless was good fun this year but I prefer a camping festival.

I want to try Bestival next year. :ahee:
    BUTTSCRATCHERRRR GET YOUR BUTSCRATCHERRRRRRR

apologies for the lateness.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MutantGecko)
    BUTTSCRATCHERRRR GET YOUR BUTSCRATCHERRRRRRR

apologies for the lateness.
    I'm looking forward to Buttscratcherrrr! all over again this year. I get tempted to shout out when I get back to London but I attracted stares last time.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd say V Fest partly because it's the only festival I've been to and partly because it's more of my type of music.

Although that said I'd like to go to creamfields but doubt I'd get on with the people there
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Offset Festival was really good, but I don't think it's running this year, so I'm going to be stewarding at:

:heart:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Creamfields lineup looks really quite good, Skrillex and Deadmau5
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pi!)
    Offset Festival was really good, but I don't think it's running this year, so I'm going to be stewarding at:

:heart:
    Probably my favourite line-up of all small festivals (or ones that I know). Had a good line-up last year as well. If you get the chance to check out Brontide, do.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Leeds festival because it is the only one I have been to as of yet.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JaggySnake95)
    Probably my favourite line-up of all small festivals (or ones that I know). Had a good line-up last year as well. If you get the chance to check out Brontide, do.
    I love Brontide. I saw them as a support for Rolo Tomassi last year.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    All about bestival, such a cool atmosphere, especially on the saturday night when everyone is in fancy dress, highlight of the festival last year was seeing a bloke in a monkey costume chasing a guy in a banana suit around the dance tent for about an hour. Everyone is so chilled out and nice, you don't get any of the tension you get at R+L. Its nice that the dance tent an lots of the smaller stages have things on until about 5 in the morning so theres always suff to do. Plus the line up is always really varied and cool. Cant recommend it enough.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Rock en Seine, brilliant line up last year and great relaxed atmosphere
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    The only one I've ever been to was Woodford Folk Festival in Oz. Amazing! Does involve going to Australia, though...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful Days. It's a really nice relaxed atmosphere and it's a big enough place with enough going on to keep you entertained for a whole weekend but it's not big enough to get lost or for you to have to worry about getting separated from friends. Also the music is really good without being mainstream and it's more interesting hearing new music than the same old stuff that's played on the radio all the time. Also it's not a total rip off either.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Boomtown fair; it wasn't massive and too commercial, but still big enough to attract some decent acts. Such an array of weird and wonderful people there too and they had some awesome stages and other things set up. Can't wait to go again this year!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 31, 2012
New on TSR

Student in a Million awards

All the results from our prize-giving night

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered festivals and live events threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.