The Student Room Group

Lancaster Medicine Applicants 2012 :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hey guys, i have to have applied by 9:00 tomorrow morning (due to teachers bustin my balls)

But im not sure about something.

When i sat my AS Levels i had a B in chemistry at AS in june 2010.
I resat This and made it an A in june 2011

Overall at A2 I have a grade A in chemistry, achieved in june 2011.

UCAS wants me to enter AS Levels and A levels, and this is where my problem comes in.

I resat an AS level chemistry module, increasing it from an D to an A. (overall increasing AS grade from B to A)

When entering my A2 level chemistry result, I put the A in for this module, as i achieved this. Overall was an A.

For the AS part, if I put in my unit grades with the A (To make the overall be an A at AS), ill have to say i got my AS grade A in chemistry in june 2011, and it would seem that I did the full A-Level in one year (and i did it in 2 years)

What should i do, please help.............

I dont want to use my lower score and say i got a B overall because in all honesty i did better than thatand got an A.
You don't enter AS levels once you have the full A2.

So simply your application should read as follows:

A-Levels:

Chemistry Grade - A

Dont bothor entering module results unless you got like 90+% in each one.
Reply 22
Original post by gloriousballs
You don't enter AS levels once you have the full A2.

So simply your application should read as follows:

A-Levels:

Chemistry Grade - A

Dont bothor entering module results unless you got like 90+% in each one.

Are you 100% sure about this, im not saying your wrong, but im just nervous about getting it wrong. Its my last chance to study Medicine.
Reply 23
Original post by Doctor.
Keele will take you. They love high predictions!!! Also good referance. Not so much on PS tbh. I got an offer low ukcat and a crappy PS LOL

Thanks, I applied to Keele instead. Could you tell me how their interviews are like?
Reply 24
Original post by SylveeDiggs
Thanks, I applied to Keele instead. Could you tell me how their interviews are like?

Cool, they're not too bad. They were probably the most traditional interviewing style tbh.
They questions from what I remember were completely random. So I cannot really help on that. However they more look at how confidant you're in responses. Also WEAR A SUIT!!! :smile:.

Good luck :smile: you'll do fine.
Reply 25
Original post by Doctor.
Cool, they're not too bad. They were probably the most traditional interviewing style tbh.
They questions from what I remember were completely random. So I cannot really help on that. However they more look at how confidant you're in responses. Also WEAR A SUIT!!! :smile:.

Good luck :smile: you'll do fine.

Thank you!
Applied here last night :biggrin:

I'll act as an entire representative for this thread in being excited about having applied here :woo: :woo:
Reply 27
Original post by laurenl93
Applied here last night :biggrin:

I'll act as an entire representative for this thread in being excited about having applied here :woo: :woo:

im with you on this :smile:.
Original post by Doctor.
im with you on this :smile:.

:smile: are you already at lacaster or just a fellow reapplicant?
Reply 29
:smile: are you already at lacaster or just a fellow reapplicant?

Reapplicant :smile:
*subscribed*
Didn't realise this thread existed :colondollar:
My referee never knew this medical school existed :s-smilie: LOL

Good luck battling for 50 places everyone - let's hope it's not much of a batlle though and it's just us! :tongue:
Reply 31
Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
*subscribed*

Good luck battling for 50 places everyone - let's hope it's not much of a batlle though and it's just us! :tongue:

Agreed on this lol. Wanna email them aand find out how many applicants they've got? :biggrin:
what are the chances everyone else is thing this and it turns out thousands have applied thinking they were the only ones :tongue:
Original post by Doctor.
Agreed on this lol. Wanna email them aand find out how many applicants they've got? :biggrin:

what are the chances everyone else is thing this and it turns out thousands have applied thinking they were the only ones :tongue:

Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
*subscribed*

Up for each of us sending Lancaster an email about how many applicants they got?
Just for Lols we could send identical emails
Reply 34
Up for each of us sending Lancaster an email about how many applicants they got?

I'm in :biggrin:
Reply 35
Anyone got an acknowledgment email/ letter yet?
Original post by Doctor.
I'm in :biggrin:

Wanna do it now? :biggrin:
They'd probably think it's one person applying under 4 different UCAS identities and throw away all our apps :frown: be funny tho. I'm sure we'd get a reply pretty quickly, it's not like they're swamped with applications :tongue:
also what are the possible interview dates here? It's a nightmare trying to plan a gap year around 'potential' interviews!!!

They'd probably think it's one person applying under 4 different UCAS identities and throw away all our apps :frown: be funny tho. I'm sure we'd get a reply pretty quickly, it's not like they're swamped with applications :tongue:

I've not applied for Lancaster, but I'll email them just for the hell of it (to help all you guys out cause I'm a nice person like that :wink: ) At least they can't kick me out and it's not like they're going to run to the other unis and tell on me... I hope :K:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending