The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by littlemissmidget123
perhaps they dont earn 80k and cannot support you, but just havent told you.
i dont have much of a student loan either, however my parents do support me, but i do not think that it is a given that they have to support me - you should look at your spending and lower it if at all possible, and have a chat with your parents, as to the reasons why they are not supporting you - but assuming they give you what 5k for arguments sake, though that value is probably too high, and the same to your sister, that is already 70k income a year that they are down to, so these things do start to add up very quickly as they have to be fair to both of you. - have you got anyone else who could maybe lend you some money such as a grandparent or aunt/uncle etc.? otherwise, you will have to either continue working as you are, and as others said - a summer job is a good way to earn some cash - or maybe some xmas temp work - and limit your spending wherever possible - even if this means walking instead of the bus, or buying value food.

wat?

are u drunk?

u need wage slips to apply for means tested finance
Reply 21
I'm in the same situation. My parents spend a lot of money on cars, holidays and brand new kitchens. It frustrates me. I try to explain to them that everyone else gets around 8,000 a year for them to live at uni when I get 3,000 which doesn't even cover accommodation. Most times I'm begging my flat mates for food and essentials because my parents won't send me anything. I understand as an adult I am responsible,but it's not like I'm never going to get a job. When I graduate I intend to work full time and won't rely on them at all, but unless they want me to drop out and have a crappy low income job for the rest of life, they have to cough up. It's wrong for the government to assume because some parents have a high income they are automatically going to be generous with their money.

Latest

Trending

Trending