The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mbranson

At which point did my posts come off as being a bit of a prat,

That would be when you posted nonsense in the OP, and have since been proved to have been doing so.

there wasn't anything wrong with my first post??

Other than the fact that it flies in the face of both reason and all the evidence, of course. It is usually better to evaluate the evidence rathyer than taking a contrary position just for the sake of it; it can prevent you from looking like the sort of person who wears a tinfoil hat all the time..
Original post by March
And some people believe the world is run by the Illuminati, the moon landings were a hoax, Roswell was a genuine UFO cover-up, that Bin Laden is alive, Saddam's clone was executed and Diana was assassinated because she loved an Arab. Deny any one of these in front of a conspiracy nut, and you're a sheep.

Well, I'd rather be a sheep than a paranoid lemming.
:eek: brilliant post, genuinely made me :rofl:

This thread has lost it's purpose.
Reply 82
another day, another paranoid conspiracy nut spouting *******s on TSR. Its getting very samey on here.
Some people can be very naive when it comes to the British and American government. Some conspiracies are sheer stupidity, however, some are perfectly possible and valid. For example, 9/11, it was indeed Al-Qaeda who crashed the planes into the twin towers but the collapse of the towers was too "perfect", the American government conducted a controlled demolition to collapse the towers.

Follow the path of Charlie Sheen! WINNING!
Original post by NutterFrutter
the American government conducted a controlled demolition to collapse the towers.

:toofunny:

I congratulate you on your apposite TSR user name.
Original post by Abbadon27
Again, your not saying anything of any real relevance. The fact that there are links to terrorist groups is not breaking news, nor is the fact the NTC is full of ex military and political people. The standard of living is irreverent. If your going to claim that we are all full of propaganda, at least state some facts that aren't widely acknowledged.

LOL its amusing that you dont even understand the nature of propoganda. In regards to the ethnic cleansing happening in places like Misurata. When was the last time you heard any of it actually being reported in any substantial detail by outlets like the BBC or CNN? Even western publications like the WSJ have made note of this. What are you going to tell me next? That some clown on TSR knows something they dont?

I also have to say you're full of crap. Ask anyone following the Libyan conflict and I bet you they will think Libya was a backwater dictatorship before the arrival of NATO. Once again simply not the case. This war isnt so much about propaganda as it is about this war being completely illegitimate. None of the people disagreeing with me have provided any facts of cited sources saying otherwise. And frankly it shows how stupid the lot of you commenting on a conflict and a country you know nothing about. Libya has gone from one from of the poorest nations in Africa to one of the richest. How is the fact that NATO sees military engagement to "protect the people" being rather fishy not a legitimate point.

Amusing that the idiotic and ignorant jump on the "conspiracy theorist" banwagon as soon as someone has an opinion which doesnt correlate with the mainstream media. How simple minded is that? I am not a conspiracy theorist, I dont believe 911 was an inside job, I dont believe in the hoax moon landing, I dont believe in UFOs or any other garbage tin foil hat wearers claim. However when presented with such a wealth of evidence in regards to the illegitimacy of this current conflict it is hard not to draw certain conclusions.

Also some interesting points in regards to the complete disregard for international law in this conflict: UN Resolution 1970 (2011) forbids the delivery of weaponry of any sort to any citizen in Libya. So who has been delivering weapons to the "unarmed civilians" and when? UN Resolution 1973 (2011) while allowing the use of force to protect "civilians" does not mention attacking conventional ground forces not engaged in battle to help "rebels" nor does it bear any mention whatsoever of aiding rebellious forces to gain power. If, as has been reported, it is true that Egypt and the USA are responsible for shipping weapons to the Libyan "unarmed civilians" then both are in breach of UNSC Resolution 1970 (2011) and in which case, what is Mr. Ban Ki-Moon going to do about it? Nothing, probably. So much for his legacy. The UN Secretary-General who aided and abetted war crimes and a clear breach of UN law and did nothing? If the USA and Egypt can, as has been alleged, arm the "unarmed civilians", then what is to stop someone else arming Al-Qathafi?"

I would like you to present an argument other than my various points "not being relevant" has it is leading me to believe you dont actually have an argument and know **** all about Libya or the dynamics of the conflict. Which makes you kind of stupid for commenting in this thread in the first place.
Original post by darkofthemoon
LOL its amusing that you dont even understand the nature of propoganda. In regards to the ethnic cleansing happening in places like Misurata. When was the last time you heard any of it actually being reported in any substantial detail by outlets like the BBC or CNN? Even western publications like the WSJ have made note of this. What are you going to tell me next? That some clown on TSR knows something they dont?

I also have to say you're full of crap. Ask anyone following the Libyan conflict and I bet you they will think Libya was a backwater dictatorship before the arrival of NATO. Once again simply not the case. This war isnt so much about propaganda as it is about this war being completely illegitimate. None of the people disagreeing with me have provided any facts of cited sources saying otherwise. And frankly it shows how stupid the lot of you commenting on a conflict and a country you know nothing about. Libya has gone from one from of the poorest nations in Africa to one of the richest. How is the fact that NATO sees military engagement to "protect the people" being rather fishy not a legitimate point.

Amusing that the idiotic and ignorant jump on the "conspiracy theorist" banwagon as soon as someone has an opinion which doesnt correlate with the mainstream media. How simple minded is that? I am not a conspiracy theorist, I dont believe 911 was an inside job, I dont believe in the hoax moon landing, I dont believe in UFOs or any other garbage tin foil hat wearers claim. However when presented with such a wealth of evidence in regards to the illegitimacy of this current conflict it is hard not to draw certain conclusions.

Also some interesting points in regards to the complete disregard for international law in this conflict: UN Resolution 1970 (2011) forbids the delivery of weaponry of any sort to any citizen in Libya. So who has been delivering weapons to the "unarmed civilians" and when? UN Resolution 1973 (2011) while allowing the use of force to protect "civilians" does not mention attacking conventional ground forces not engaged in battle to help "rebels" nor does it bear any mention whatsoever of aiding rebellious forces to gain power. If, as has been reported, it is true that Egypt and the USA are responsible for shipping weapons to the Libyan "unarmed civilians" then both are in breach of UNSC Resolution 1970 (2011) and in which case, what is Mr. Ban Ki-Moon going to do about it? Nothing, probably. So much for his legacy. The UN Secretary-General who aided and abetted war crimes and a clear breach of UN law and did nothing? If the USA and Egypt can, as has been alleged, arm the "unarmed civilians", then what is to stop someone else arming Al-Qathafi?"

I would like you to present an argument other than my various points "not being relevant" has it is leading me to believe you dont actually have an argument and know **** all about Libya or the dynamics of the conflict. Which makes you kind of stupid for commenting in this thread in the first place.

No offence, but your a ****ing idiot. Not because of your views, but because you think nobody else realizes it. There are tribal, ethnic and religious problems in the rebel force, and NATO is over looking it and supporting them because they wish to gain a friendly regime in Libya, that is all there s too it. Your just recycling garbage to try and appear to be intelligent.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Abbadon27
No offence, but your a ****ing idiot. Not because of your views, but because you think nobody else realizes it. There are tribal, ethnic and religious problems in the rebel force, and NATO is over looking it and supporting them because they wish to gain a friendly regime in Libya, that is all there s too it. Your just recycling garbage to try and appear to be intelligent.

I know NATO is overlooking it. But the OPs point is the media being used as a propaganda tool due to its lack of reporting of the tribal differences and atrocities being committed by the rebel force. Tell me when was the last time the BBC or Sky News had any detailed coverage of the liberties being taken by the rebel forces. THAT is propaganda dumbass, the fact that the rebels and national transitional council are being portrayed as freedom fighters who only have the countries best interests in mind. Unless you want to tell me this is not the case, from which I will then ask you whether you even watch the news at all.

Its nothing to do with information control, its to do with information being manipulated to amplify a skewed message. The fact that the Libyan liberation army is not all sunshine IS NOT widely known and I find it comical you're trying to suggest this.

Indeed NATO is looking to gain a friendly nation but at its cost is a once stable and rapidly developing economy. How is it then that NATO and its allies both internationally and on the ground are being portrayed as the good guys? This is the OPs argument about the use of propoganda and you must be dense to not understand this.
Reply 88

Also some interesting points in regards to the complete disregard for international law in this conflict: UN Resolution 1970 (2011) forbids the delivery of weaponry of any sort to any citizen in Libya. So who has been delivering weapons to the "unarmed civilians" and when? UN Resolution 1973 (2011) while allowing the use of force to protect "civilians" does not mention attacking conventional ground forces not engaged in battle to help "rebels" nor does it bear any mention whatsoever of aiding rebellious forces to gain power.

UN resolution says all possible means to protect civilians ar troops on the ground. That it is the only thing it forbids. The best way to do this is bring a quick end to the conflict and get rid of the brutal dictatorship that instigated the violence
Reply 89

You don't really think UN resolutions are meant to be followed to the letter do you?
Original post by Maker
You don't really think UN resolutions are meant to be followed to the letter do you?

LOL what the **** does that even mean? Are people just straight up ignoring criminality depending on whether it suits them. Breach of UN resolutions have been the justifications for sanctions and military intervention on numerous occasion. Why does a set of rules apply for one and not the other. The stupidity in this thread is mind numbing.
Original post by Aj12
UN resolution says all possible means to protect civilians ar troops on the ground. That it is the only thing it forbids. The best way to do this is bring a quick end to the conflict and get rid of the brutal dictatorship that instigated the violence

It wasnt a "brutal dictatorship" you tard, once again the point which is being completely being ignored is that Gaddafi was being praised by the same UN for the strides being taken in moving away from terrorist links, social development, economic development and racial tolerance. But thank you for reiterating the point I made to Abbadon27. The fact that the libyan military intervention is highly unjustified IS NOT widely known and hence why propaganda is being used effectively to convey false messages.

Interesting question, have any of you ever been to Libya? Do you know anyone from Libya too. Because I find the nonsense you clowns are coming out with as rather amusing. Take it from someone who knows people from there, has passed through there. The picture you are being painted is false.
Reply 92
It wasnt a "brutal dictatorship" you tard, once again the point which is being completely being ignored is that Gaddafi was being praised by the same UN for the strides being taken in moving away from terrorist links, social development, economic development and racial tolerance. But thank you for reiterating the point I made to Abbadon27. The fact that the libyan military intervention is highly unjustified IS NOT widely known and hence why propaganda is being used effectively to convey false messages.

Interesting question, have any of you ever been to Libya? Do you know anyone from Libya too. Because I find the nonsense you clowns are coming out with as rather amusing. Take it from someone who knows people from there, has passed through there. The picture you are being painted is false.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsUliy-UCu0
He sure wasn't a brutal dictator.
Reply 93
LOL what the **** does that even mean? Are people just straight up ignoring criminality depending on whether it suits them. Breach of UN resolutions have been the justifications for sanctions and military intervention on numerous occasion. Why does a set of rules apply for one and not the other. The stupidity in this thread is mind numbing.

+1 dam small iPod icons, pressed wrong rep
Reply 94

He was being praised and loved by the West as a way to get him to give up his Chemical and nuclear program. :facepalm2: Go look at the raft of evidence for how he was brutalising his own population in the weeks leading to intervention. His security apparatus was shooting peaceful protesters left right and centre. People were disappearing jets ordered to bomb protesters and mortaring towns filled with civilians. His regime committed countless war crimes.

Good for you you have been to Libya. It could be a fantastic , however that does not give Gaddafi the right to murder his people.
Reply 95

If you have to ask, you won't understand.
Reply 96
Original post by mbranson
I read a few days ago that the rebels/nato were preparing to stage an illusion that tripoli was being taken, by constucting a fake green square and filming it in the hands of rebels and then airing it on non libya government controlled tv channels, this was in conjunction with nato bombing of libya government controlled tv stations (which has been reported in past couple weeks) so that people could only see the fake story of libya being taken.

Heres the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tghoRiZ3ek&feature=uploademail

Heres the facebook group that although is deffinitly pro libyan government propoganda source it does give you the other side of the story (libyan side) to whats happening:

STOP THE WAR IN LIBYA. WE DEMAND IT

Thats the group to search for on fb

All media can be corrupt but I trust the BBC more than I trust pro libyan government sources! How ridiculous
Reply 97
Most of the retards commenting on that video don't seem to have noticed that Tripoli has been mostly taken last night
Original post by Maker

AKA: I dont have a legitimate argument therefore I will pretend that I do by asking rhetorical questions
Reply 99
Original post by Maker

What kind of bs response is that to a perfectly reasonable statement. clearly you have nothing reasonable and intelligent to say

Latest

Trending

Trending