The Student Room Group

TSR Book Club: September Nominations

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by BookWormShanti
The poll is now up :smile:

I have made it mutliple choice seeing as we are choosing two books anyway & it might give a better idea of the votes. Who knows? If it works badly this month we can change next month! :tongue:

Please vote!

So are we allowed multiple votes or two? You'll have to make that clearer, please. :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Abiraleft
So are we allowed multiple votes or two? You'll have to make that clearer, please. :smile:

Vote for as any books that you would ACTUALLY be prepared to read and discuss. That may be one, or two, or 5 - it depends on you.

Does that make sense? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
Vote for as any books that you would ACTUALLY be prepared to read and discuss. That may be one, or two, or 5 - it depends on you.

Hello i just joined, would you be allowed to add another book to the list?:smile:
Reply 23

Perfectly. :biggrin:

It might be good, however, to edit that into the OP. That way, people will (hopefully) understand that before they vote.
Reply 24
Original post by chikane
Hello i just joined, would you be allowed to add another book to the list?:smile:

I'm really sorry but I can't edit the poll or I would. It will definitely be there next month :smile: and we do have some good suggestions.
Reply 25
Good idea for the mulitple choice poll. Just voted, should be interesting :biggrin:
If Wuthering Heights wins, I will try to pop my head into the discussion post :smile: I don't tend to have a lot of time during term time to read for pleasure (I have to read 5 books each week for my course, so pleasure reading time is VERY sparse), but I have to read Wuthering Heights for the end of September anyway!
Reply 27
Riveting stuff, this. It's going to be a close race for second place. :driver:
(edited 12 years ago)
A Study in Scarlet would be good, as while everyone has heard of Sherlock Holmes, not many people have read the books. It'll be good for more people to get into it. Plus, you don't study it at school (like Wuthering Heights) so people won't be fed up of it.
Reply 29
I voted for A Study in Scarlet, Lady Chatterly's Lover and Wuthering Heights :yep: It's my first time voting in a TSR Book Club poll since joining, so I'm hoping I can join in with the discussions of these books when the next poll is made :h:
Reply 30
A Study in Scarlet and Wuthering Heights seem to have garnered a pretty unassailable lead. Barring a late surge by Remains of the Day or The Book Thief, it looks like it will be those two.

Looks like I'll have to go find my copy of A Study in Scarlet, then. :holmes: (pun :getmecoat:)
Reply 31
Original post by Abiraleft
A Study in Scarlet and Wuthering Heights seem to have garnered a pretty unassailable lead. Barring a late surge by Remains of the Day or The Book Thief, it looks like it will be those two.

Looks like I'll have to go find my copy of A Study in Scarlet, then. :holmes: (pun :getmecoat:)

I agree. It seems we have our two (better hold out until the poll actually closes and we get some ninja voters who have been lurking :ninja: :ninjagirl:
Luckily I already have Study in Scarlet and Wuthering Heights :biggrin:

Very lucky considering I went to Waterstones today :smile: (3 for 2, who can resist?)
Obsidian

EDIT: We find out today )
(edited 12 years ago)
:dance:
Reply 33

A Study in Scarlet & Wuthering Heights are our chosen books for this month.

Please feel free to read either or both as you wish. Pop back in for discussion as & when you want to.

Could you please use spoiler tags for any plot details until the 30th September so as not to spoil the books for anyone else? Thank you.

A Study in Scarlet Discussion Thread
Wuthering Heights Discussion Thread
Reply 34
On a side note, like the idiot I am, I entirely forgot to vote on the poll myself. I thought to myself last night - aha, I'll come back in the morning - and it entirely slipped my mind! Happy with the choices though :dance:
Reply 35
Awesome! Already read Wuthering Heights and just commenting on the thread now :smile: The Sherlock one will be read soon!

Edit: Oh crud! Just looked at The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes that I have and A Study In Scarlet isn't there! :cry2: I will have to get down to the library.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 36
Excellent. :colone:
Great choices :grin:. I'm going to re-read both.
Reply 38
is it a bit late to read these now?
Reply 39
Original post by DJTom
is it a bit late to read these now?

Depends on how fast you can read. :tongue: You could probably manage one if you're free. A Study in Scarlet could probably be finished faster (that was the case when I read them, anyway).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending