The Student Room Group

How many GCSEs do you have?

Scroll to see replies

16.5 :smile:

English Language, Literature, History, Geography, RS, Food Technology, German, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Statistics and a GNVQ in ICT (equivalent to four GCSEs).
(edited 12 years ago)
I have 11, if we count the IT GCSE short course college MADE me take that I accidentally passed by handing in half a coursework...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 22
I have 10 GCSE's and an ECDL qualification (essentially pointless as I believe it expires every couple of years).
Original post by tommm
Eleven, plus a useless ICT qualification which is definitely not equivalent to a GCSE no matter what my school said.

You mean Cida (sometimes called DiDa) ??
9 Only.
Plus Somewhat usless ICT qualification Called Cida that I am not even going to put on my Sixth form registration form nor the Ucas application, in case people laugh at me.
(edited 12 years ago)
12 and 1/2, and an ICT qualification thing and an AS.
Reply 27

:biggrin:

No lie.

But, on my CV I have 9 at A - C grades :wink:
Reply 28
17, plus I took an AS level in year 11 - my school just said I could chose whichever course I wanted :smile:
Reply 29
I did 14 but I haven't had the results yet... it's unlikely that I've failed any so I'm 99% sure that's how many I'll end up with.
14, i think.

I cant really remember it was sooo long ago. (2 years...?)
Original post by Choccielatte
16.5 :smile:

English Language, Literature, History, Geography, RS, Food Technology, German, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Statistics and a GNVQ in ICT (equivalent to four GCSEs).

Could you tell me if you know whether a distinction in ICT = A* GCSE.

I probably didn't do the same qualification as you , but hey.
7 c
1 d
1 f

still got into 6 form and uni though [=
Reply 33
Haven't got my results yet but after thursday, I should have 13 and a half.
Reply 34
14 :smile: ( only because i did some extra ones after school)
Reply 35
Original post by Limesasquatch

We did OCR Nationals for IT which was graded Pass, Merit or Distinction, but Distinction only counted as an A at GCSE for us :smile: Hope that helped :smile:
10, aaaaabbccc
Original post by Limesasquatch

I'm not sure if it equals an A or A* actually. I did mine years ago (2007), and they stopped that syllabus that year.

Best to ask your school, but to be honest, in my day, it was a half-baked qualification that no one really took notice of! I wish I'd just done ordinary ICT!
I will have 12 hopefully :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest