The Student Room Group

Sociology Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

What do you guys predict to come up in the religion A2 paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 561
Anyone doing Crime and Deviance on Monday I really need help on how to structure a 33 marker and what to include to get the higher marks, any help would be so appreciated!
Anyone got predictions for tomorrow's C+D exam?
Reply 563
Just search item into ebays search bar if interested :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi congratulations on your amazing grade!
i was wondering if there where any online sites that help with pre revision for sociolgy AS on unit 1families and households and unit 2 education and research methods ?? your help would be highly appreciated! :smile:
thak youi x
Original post by allana-b
hi congratulations on your amazing grade!
i was wondering if there where any online sites that help with pre revision for sociolgy AS on unit 1families and households and unit 2 education and research methods ?? your help would be highly appreciated! :smile:
thak youi x

Hi I did families, education and research methods and I found this site quite useful.
http://revisesociology.wordpress.com/category/as-unit-1-the-family/

In the categories section you can see they have all of the 3 units, and they also have a short glossary of terms. I should have read it more closely since 'define a beanpole family' came up in the exam lol
Reply 566
What did u use to revise. Cause I got As in my mock exam but in the real exam I got a D. What did u do different?
Original post by _iabdi
What did u use to revise. Cause I got As in my mock exam but in the real exam I got a D. What did u do different?

I ended up getting 118/120 in unit 2.
I think i still have the essay plans i made, which i used to revise. I can send them to you?
Got A's/A*'s in mocks and practice essays, was predicted an A* and ended up getting a D in the crime and deviance exam so now I have a B overall, slightly gutted haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone please tell me which book I should buy if I want to get an A in AQA Sociology AS this year? There is the regular AQA one (which reviews on Amazon suggest is 'dry' and 'dated' and 'unendorsed' by an examiner) and then a Collins one and another one. Theres also a CGP revision guide, do you think that will be useful?

Someone please reply, I just know I'm going to get the worst on if I just randomly pick one.
Original post by Comeback
Can someone please tell me which book I should buy if I want to get an A in AQA Sociology AS this year? There is the regular AQA one (which reviews on Amazon suggest is 'dry' and 'dated' and 'unendorsed' by an examiner) and then a Collins one and another one. Theres also a CGP revision guide, do you think that will be useful?

Someone please reply, I just know I'm going to get the worst on if I just randomly pick one.

There are soo many texts books but i think the Orange Robb Webb one is the one that most people use
Original post by xxvine
There are soo many texts books but i think the Orange Robb Webb one is the one that most people use

Yes! In the end I guessed and bought that one on Amazon :smile:
Hello- can someone tell me the difference between conflict structuralist, consensus structuralist and structuralist theories please?
Reply 573
Hi. Well done for your grade. I recently took my AS and got a C in Culture and Identity but unfortunately got an E in Education :-( I am going to be retaking this module in May, as well as my A2 exams. Could you please help me in ways to revise for these exams. I did a bit of revision and some past papers, however I think it is the research methods that brought me down. Thanks x
For AQA A2 Unit 3, is Beliefs in Society or Power and Politics easier to learn/understand?
Original post by edukater
For AQA A2 Unit 3, is Beliefs in Society or Power and Politics easier to learn/understand?

If you want help on here then Religion is the best one to do since most people on here do that topic.
I started Sociology today

However I started my Biology, chemistry and psychology 2 weeks ago
I initially planned on doing 3AS however my headteacher told me I have to do 4
So I chose sociology because it fitted with my timetable

However now I am so behind in the subject I dont understand it and find my sciences easier which is odd
I really need help so If you guys have essay plans or notes or anything it would be really helpful
Original post by spiritless98
I started Sociology today

However I started my Biology, chemistry and psychology 2 weeks ago
I initially planned on doing 3AS however my headteacher told me I have to do 4
So I chose sociology because it fitted with my timetable

However now I am so behind in the subject I dont understand it and find my sciences easier which is odd
I really need help so If you guys have essay plans or notes or anything it would be really helpful

I wouldn't worry about Sociology, its an amazing subject and you'll end up loving it most likely. I started 9 weeks late into the course and caught up fairly easy and got an A this year so you'll be fine. My advice to you would be to buy the orange textbook by Rob Webb and read what you have missed from that :biggrin:
What is a good website or book for resources?
Okay i need help on what to include and how to structure the following essay

Evaluate the following marxist statement on family (using the functionalist perspective): 'The family is simply a tool for social control in modern capitalist society and provides few positive functions'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending