The Student Room Group

Sociology Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Hi do you have an essay plan for exam questions? I self teach so help how to structure my answers would be great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
What tatics did you use to achieve 100% because I need to get that just in the beliefs in society paper? Thank you
I am currently doing A2 sociology and my class are on theories now- as we are approaching exam season now (not really, but it feels like it) i want to find an efficient way to do revision. At the moment i have been getting A's in my essays (19/21) and school mocks. But i am completely at loss on how to retain all the information in terms of the different topics. I have tried notes but it really doesn't work for me alone. Posters are good also but i just want to find a way that will be the best for me- has anyone got any ideas?
Thanks in advance! And sorry for rambling lol
Original post by Senxpen
I am currently doing A2 sociology and my class are on theories now- as we are approaching exam season now (not really, but it feels like it) i want to find an efficient way to do revision. At the moment i have been getting A's in my essays (19/21) and school mocks. But i am completely at loss on how to retain all the information in terms of the different topics. I have tried notes but it really doesn't work for me alone. Posters are good also but i just want to find a way that will be the best for me- has anyone got any ideas?
Thanks in advance! And sorry for rambling lol

I feel the exact same way
There is just so much to remember....I don't know how people do it
10 topics but 7 theories and all those methods PLUS all the sociologists names. How am I supposed to obtain everything in that small head of mine....😢
Hi, I am doing all the topics you mentioned and I am finding revision really hard at the moment. It would be a really big help if you could send any of the notes, posters, mind maps or fact sheets that you used to help you revise to me. Also, how long would you recommend revising per day, what revision sites and methods did you find the most useful to retain information? I would be super grateful to get any advice you have. Thanks in advance xxx
Original post by Rachel_Leah
Hey everyone, I recently got awarded an A (5 marks off an A*!) in my Sociology A-level, and I know that at times it can be difficult, confusing, and people don't really know where the hell to start in their revision!

I took Families and Households, Education, Beliefs in Society and Crime and Deviance, along with the research and theory involved! If anybody has any questions, do not hesitate to ask as I really enjoyed the course and would be happy to help x

If you have any notes or could help me with Beliefs in Society it would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Hello Is there any way I could email you for exam advice?
Hey everyone, I recently got awarded an A (5 marks off an A*!) in my Sociology A-level, and I know that at times it can be difficult, confusing, and people don't really know where the hell to start in their revision!

I took Families and Households, Education, Beliefs in Society and Crime and Deviance, along with the research and theory involved! If anybody has any questions, do not hesitate to ask as I really enjoyed the course and would be happy to help x

How did you manage the crime and deviance unit? I really struggle with it and cannot get my way around it! Especially 33 mark questions. Also how did you revise?

Hello, I'm taking sociology I'm currently as, I was wondering if you knew all of the sociologists I needed to know for education
Original post by Rosieesimss
Hello, I'm taking sociology I'm currently as, I was wondering if you knew all of the sociologists I needed to know for education

There is no answer to this question.. it differs for everyone, for example, someone could memorise every study in the book, but others may find that difficult. The best way to go about it is to plan essay questions - if you find that you don't have enough names and studies, you need more. At least, that is how I did it.

I'm doing the same units and I got an A in my AS but i'm looking at a D for my overall A-level because nothings being caught correctly and our teachers never here. Do you have any resources to help me get an A in my final A-level, it would be greatly appreciated.
hi, im sitting my AS exam in may
the education paper is on the 17th and families and households is the 27th
i havent touched my sociology book because i've been interwind with coursework and philosophy but now that that's over i don't know how to start revising for sociology.
any help? x
Original post by aangel_xo
i havent touched my sociology book because i've been interwind with coursework and philosophy but now that that's over i don't know how to start revising for sociology.
any help? x

Have you done all your notes?
We've gone through the course but I'm not sure where to start on my own x

I just find it really difficult to remember so many sociologists per sub topic!
Any tips on what order to answer the paper? should i leave the essays till last? or get them done first?

Well done on your grade by the way!!
Any general revision tips? I'm finding mind maps aren't really working for me this year for sociology
Original post by aangel_xo
any help? x

To be honest I found consolidating all of the information helped me a lot, even with philosophy and ethics i did that too. What exam board are you on for socio and philosophy?
Does anybody have the 2015 papers for Unit 3 and 4?? Need them urgently and they're NOT on the AQA website?? Even a list of the questions will do.
Does anybody have the 2015 papers for Unit 3 and 4?? Really Need them urgently and they're NOT on the AQA website?? Even a list of the questions will do....
Hey,,,, DOES anybody have the 2015 papers for Unit 3 and 4?

I Really Need them! and they're NOT on the AQA website. I've checked.

Even a list of the questions will do....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending