The Student Room Group

Best twist endings/plot twists? (NO spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Most of the ones I initially thought of seem already to have been mentioned, but I'd just reiterate that The Game has a great twist. :yep:

Also, The Departed has the most shocking twist I can think off, it caught me completely off guard. Not the ending, but a bit before that. You'll know what I'm talking about if you watch/have watched it. :yep:
Reply 21
Original post by ilovefashion90
You ****ing idiot. The OP said No spoilers and THAT right there was a spoiler. I was going to watch that film. ARGHH I hate it when people ruin films for me. My favourite types of films are those with twists so I was interested in this thread. There better not be other people on here that let things slip. Be careful people.

Mine have to be
SAW- Loved it up to Saw3 and dont think they deserve alot of the critisism the films get. Saw1 was amazing. The ending was wicked.
Phone Booth
The Usual Suspects,
Lucky number slevin didnt really wow me.
I thought that the Shawshank redemption had a reaally good ending. I know people say its over rated and that people only like the film because they are sheep etc but I loved the ending and I genuinely didnt see it coming. I often guess alot of film endings. (I guessed the ending to fightclub)

One film ending I really DISLIKED was Shutter Island. Ergh, I asked people if that was the ending and they said "oh no just watch it, its so good" and surprise surprise, it was the ending I expected.

Lol, I just told you the full story of the film didn't I :rolleyes:
Always thought the ending to the first Saw film was amazing, never expected it at all. In fact, it was probably the best bit from all the Saw films.
Original post by OmicronPersei8
People told me 'The Prestige' had a shocking ending but I predicted it whilst watching :colonhash:

Heh. Same...
Amelie
Pan's Labyrinth
Oldboy
Fight Club
Spirited Away, Howl's moving Castle, Ponyo (basically all Studio Ghibli movies haha-their endings are always original)
Catch me if you can
Infernal Affairs
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 25
People saying 'Such and such has a surprise ending, but I predicted it while watching it because my friends told me there was a surprise ending!' have already had the point of a 'surprise' ending spoilt for them. In my eyes, this type of ending usually only works when you have no idea it even exists, let alone what it could be.
Reply 26
Original post by Abiraleft
Most of the ones I initially thought of seem already to have been mentioned, but I'd just reiterate that The Game has a great twist. :yep:

Also, The Departed has the most shocking twist I can think off, it caught me completely off guard. Not the ending, but a bit before that. You'll know what I'm talking about if you watch/have watched it. :yep:

I know exactly which bit you're talking about in The Departed- I didn't take in the next ten minutes due to sitting there mid-whatever-I-was-doing-when-it-happened, open mouthed and muttering 'Holy ****!' over and over... :colone:
Reply 27
Gran Torino

The Others

Both were pretty amazing!
Reply 28
Unbreakable
The Others
The Bone Collector
Reply 29
Original post by misfits1994
Always thought the ending to the first Saw film was amazing, never expected it at all. In fact, it was probably the best bit from all the Saw films.

Haha same, absolutely love that ending, it is probably one of my favourite endings :coma:
Reply 30
Original post by Deshi
Frailty

Law Abiding Citizen

Really, the ending just ruined the whole movie, it built up such awesomeness then made me angry lol.
Reply 31
Original post by Spexzzz
Really, the ending just ruined the whole movie, it built up such awesomeness then made me angry lol.

I liked how they revealed how he did everything.

Spoiler

Reply 32
Original post by Deshi

Spoiler

I know right?

Spoiler

Fight Club, The sixth sense, Inception (if the ending for that can be counted), Scream 4 I guess.... well it wasn't great but it was a decent twist
Reply 34
Original post by Spexzzz
I know right?

Spoiler

Re: Law Abiding Citizen,

I disagree.

Spoiler

Also for me, the film that sticks out is Arlington Road. That ending blew me away the first time I saw it.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 35
Exam room, remember me, phone booth, the departed and taking of pelham....
I quite liked Atonement
Pokemon.
Reply 38
The Sting (twist of all twists)
Se7en
Kiss the girls
Saw
usual suspects. just pure classic.
i think Salt deserves a good mention here.

Think limitless had quite a good twist, although i saw it coming end. Theres another film with a quality twist ive watched recently but cant think what it is...

Quick Reply

Latest