The Student Room Group

Psychology & sociology joint honours

heyy guys please could you help me out
im thinking about doing psyc and soci combined at uni
anyone whose doing this or about to start give me tips or tell me how it is? and ideas on personal statement
thankyou guys:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 1
That's what I'm doing, planning to major in psychology.
Personally I think combined honours is a great idea, it gives you knowledge from two subjects, and they both seem to correlate, they just take different angles of looking at things, such as culture, sexuality, crime.
Reply 2
Original post by Simone.xox
That's what I'm doing, planning to major in psychology.
Personally I think combined honours is a great idea, it gives you knowledge from two subjects, and they both seem to correlate, they just take different angles of looking at things, such as culture, sexuality, crime.

Are you currently studying it? Is it accredited by BPS? x
Reply 3
I'm starting in a week, it is BPS acredited if you major in psychology.
Which means you study subjects equally in your first year, and take psychology as you're major subjects in year two and three. You also have to take specific units which are acredited by BPS.

There are certain units you have to do, such as cognitive, biopsychology, social community and devlopmental. That is just a guess though
Reply 4
I'm starting in a week, it is BPS acredited if you major in psychology.
Which means you study subjects equally in your first year, and take psychology as you're major subjects in year two and three. You also have to take specific units which are acredited by BPS.

There are certain units you have to do, such as cognitive, biopsychology, social community and devlopmental. That is just a guess though

Ooo okay I see
Where are you studying this
And future plans?
Reply 5
Manchester Metropolitan :smile:
But I'm pretty sure most will be BPS acredited, just double check on everything you plan to apply for.

I'm hoping to do a PHD in clinical psychology, but it is highly competitive.
So if that fails then maybe teaching.
Reply 6
Manchester Metropolitan :smile:
But I'm pretty sure most will be BPS acredited, just double check on everything you plan to apply for.

I'm hoping to do a PHD in clinical psychology, but it is highly competitive.
So if that fails then maybe teaching.

Sorry I clicked the thumbs Down button by accident
Wow that sounds amazing all the best

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending