Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help me with my options!

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 15-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay this is my first post on here, and hopefully you guys will give me some good advice!

Basically like a lot of other people on here at the moment, im disappointed with my a-level results. This year i seem to have completely flunked all my exams ( i got pretty much d's straight through the modules i took this year)

And the strange thing is, its just my exams- the whole of the rest of the year the lowest i would get is a C

so I was predicted....
    Art- A*
    Maths- A
    Chemistry- C

But actually got....
    Art- A* (thank god, the only one i was happy with!)
    Maths- C
    Chemistry- D

Now i know, if i retook i could definitely bring my maths grade to an A ( i have no idea why i bombed them this summer...) and maybe get my chemistry to C.

But what i really want to do is architecture or graphic design....

So should i go to the art foundation at epsom this year (i've already been accepted) and do resits at the same time- whilst apply to UCAS?

Or should i resit the year- whilst maybe doing work experience all year and apply to UCAS?

because i'm worried doing a foundation and resitting 4 exams in january (C3, C4, Chem 3, Chem 4) will be too much!

any advice would helpful xxx
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yougotthelove)
    Okay this is my first post on here, and hopefully you guys will give me some good advice!

Basically like a lot of other people on here at the moment, im disappointed with my a-level results. This year i seem to have completely flunked all my exams ( i got pretty much d's straight through the modules i took this year)

And the strange thing is, its just my exams- the whole of the rest of the year the lowest i would get is a C

so I was predicted....
    Art- A*
    Maths- A
    Chemistry- C

But actually got....
    Art- A* (thank god, the only one i was happy with!)
    Maths- C
    Chemistry- D

Now i know, if i retook i could definitely bring my maths grade to an A ( i have no idea why i bombed them this summer...) and maybe get my chemistry to C.

But what i really want to do is architecture or graphic design....

So should i go to the art foundation at epsom this year (i've already been accepted) and do resits at the same time- whilst apply to UCAS?

Or should i resit the year- whilst maybe doing work experience all year and apply to UCAS?

because i'm worried doing a foundation and resitting 4 exams in january (C3, C4, Chem 3, Chem 4) will be too much!

any advice would helpful xxx
    if you want to become a graphic designer then i wouldn't bother resitting.
    Your mostly judged on your work in your portfolio alone.
    I myself really want to be a graphic designer myself.I was planning to do economics as i thought it create better opportunities but i dont enjoy it.I only reliseed what i really wanted to do yesterday and i think its to late for me to apply for a graphic foundation course and is really bothering me atm.May i ask when you allied for Epson? and il forget about architect as its very stressful and takes around 8 years min to become one thats if you pass a test and you start on average pay =[
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JesusRevived)
    if you want to become a graphic designer then i wouldn't bother resitting.
    Your mostly judged on your work in your portfolio alone.
    I myself really want to be a graphic designer myself.I was planning to do economics as i thought it create better opportunities but i dont enjoy it.I only reliseed what i really wanted to do yesterday and i think its to late for me to apply for a graphic foundation course and is really bothering me atm.May i ask when you allied for Epson? and il forget about architect as its very stressful and takes around 8 years min to become one thats if you pass a test and you start on average pay =[
    Omg a year on, and I just saw this! Thanks so much for the advice anyway! I actually ended up staying to do the foundation at Epsom- and it was worth it, as I realised I didn't really want to be an architect at all! if I hadn't done the foundation I wouldn't have been able to apply for graphics this year (which is what I'm planning to do at uni- so phew!)
    How'd your situation with the economics turn out? Hope everything's going okay for you xxx

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 9, 2012
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.