The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
There's only 3 rows in the theatre we get our lectures so we all sit at the front pretty much :biggrin:
When I missed a lecture due to timing confusion, the lecturer actually noticed I wasn't there :eek:
Reply 21
I was the geeky type was for far less stressed than the laid back ones that became headless chickens when they realised they were going to fail. A lot did as well.

Before people slag me off about that these people were so laid back they didn't start their final year project until a month before hand in date!!!!

I always sat near the front in lectures as well, I would skip them if I thought the lecture was pointless but 90% the lectures I would attend.
Extremely stoic, layback and easy-going. I am up for anything within reason.
Reply 23
There's a time and place for everything (talking general uni attitude here).

I didn't bother with most lectures. Missed about half, and looking back at it I only attended the other half to avoid the associated guilt-trip - i didn't actually learn much there and then (two or three good lecturers aside). Actually, looking back at it, i'd make myself go to each and every one - and do the set work!
Reply 24
Kendra

I can't be bothered now though, I spent all this time doing what (I still consider to be) my best piece of work to date and it got 59, think I'll just go down the standard road of coping lecture notes into a coherent essay rather than try quoting reputable papers.. churn out essays quicker (30minutes still my record for 73% mark, none of this 8 hours stuff), and third year lecture notes still appear to be the way forward!

How long was the essay?
x
guest1984
Just wondering what type of person you are?

I am more in the middle, i go to all my lectures, seminars and labs. I do all the uni' work myself, and rarely ask for help, unless i am really stuck on a certain question.

I know a guy who was possibly the most geekiest person ever, he use to sit right at the front next to the lecturer, and always ask questions to the lecturer at the beginning, during a break and after the lecturer has finish. Always asking people in his department that he didn't know for help. Also going into the lecturer's room asking for help, and even asking what exam questions are gonna come up!!! He was cool, but had no friend, he got a 2:1 in the end and he was 21

I also know a guy who is very laid back, partys and goes clubbing all the time, never go to lectures or seminar, hands in his coursework after the deadline. He's 22, and is in his 1st year, after failing uni' 3 times!

Stupid thread, yoyu can't just class people as being laid back or geeky, as you might get geeky laid back people, as well as a plethora of other types of people.
i do all my work by the deadline, all reading for seminars and majority of core reading for lectures and ive only missed 2 lectures all term (induced by a mild hangover), but i still find time to go shopping and go out and PARTY 4/5 nights a week!!! work hard, play harder is definately my motto :biggrin:
I'm a bit of a funny one: When it comes to important essays, I always spend lots of time on them and do extra reading etc. to ensure that I get a good mark. However, for everyday hwk, I'm pretty lazy and will do the bare minimum. I plan on changing that, though! I think the second year will be better because I'll be doing modules that I'm actually interested in! :smile:

Maybe the question is a bit of a false dichotomy?
Reply 28
pratikv
Stupid thread, yoyu can't just class people as being laid back or geeky, as you might get geeky laid back people, as well as a plethora of other types of people.

Its just a thread mate, just chill!!!
Where I sat depends on how sleepy I was...

If I had my thermos of coffee with me, or was in danger of falling asleep, at the back. Otherwise, kind of near the middle- but I have fairly bad eyesight, so can't read the oht's from the back properly.

I'm fairly laid back- I will adjust my work around my social life until it all builds up- but I am concientious! I do worry a lot if I'm not working.
This year I have to be a bit geeky as its my final year :eek:
Well, geeky tendencies are...
1. Going to all lectures and seminars and actually getting a bit upset when I miss one - I know, thats actually quite sad :biggrin: but its my last yr and Im panicking!
2. Emailing tutors when I don't understand the slightest thing - I don't think they like me much now :wink: :wink: :wink:
3. Actually working instead of spending on my time on :tsr: :smile:

Laid back tendencies
1. Choosing to spend the entire Reading Week with my boyfriend, and not feeling in the slightest bit guilty :biggrin:
2. Watching too much TV/ spending too long in the pub and Meadowhall/normal standard student things :cheers:

i.e. I work hard and I play hard, which I think most ppl actually do (but I know plenty who dont!)

Latest