The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Has everybody else received an email from UEA?

Has everybody else who fulfilled their offer to study at UEA this year received an email from them?
I've seen people posting about being sent essay questions and things, but I've had no word from the uni... Should I be concerned?

Edit: Just got a letter through the post giving me an essay to do.
Guess I tempted fate :colondollar:
Still no email yet though, the letter says we'll get one within around 30 days of the course starting apparently...
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I haven't heard anything either yet. What are you studying?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
I have not heard from UEA..Only from Ucas at the moment.
Reply 3
I've heard nothing either, don't worry about it.
Reply 4
Original post by makingamemory
I haven't heard anything either yet. What are you studying?

History and Politics :biggrin:

and good, nobody else seems to have got one either *phew*
Reply 5
I got an email telling me I'd get an email about registering. Thats about it.
Original post by Jakelee
I got an email telling me I'd get an email about registering. Thats about it.

:laugh:

I haven't heard anything either. Got a letter saying congratulations and telling me about registering but I can't register because I haven't had the email from them.
Reply 7
Haven't heard anything from UEA yet, got my UCAS letter but that's it, getting slightly impatient/worried
Reply 8
Original post by Nut.
Has everybody else who fulfilled their offer to study at UEA this year received an email from them?
I've seen people posting about being sent essay questions and things, but I've had no word from the uni... Should I be concerned?

Edit: Just got a letter through the post giving me an essay to do.
Guess I tempted fate :colondollar:
Still no email yet though, the letter says we'll get one within around 30 days of the course starting apparently...

I'm doing IR and got a letter asking me to do an essay! Still its not too long.
Reply 9
Original post by jelly1000
I'm doing IR and got a letter asking me to do an essay! Still its not too long.

Nah it's not too bad. Presuming yours is 750-1000 words like mine is?
It's a really open essay question though!
Reply 10
I'm doing maths, just got an email this morning saying welcome, the course is very hard, lectures are intense, good luck. Maths can hardly set an essay can they? Haha. They also linked me to this and said read it carefully:

www.uea.ac.uk/informationfornewstudents
Original post by Nut.
Nah it's not too bad. Presuming yours is 750-1000 words like mine is?
It's a really open essay question though!

mines only 500-700 words, and yeah its open ended 'what is the most important issue facing the world today.' i think if they made it any more specific it would put people at a disadvantage as we haven't exactly learnt anything yet. thankfully i finished it yesterday (although tis not brilliant, but i havent really got time to make it perfect and the tutors should help me with improving)
Reply 12
Original post by jelly1000
mines only 500-700 words, and yeah its open ended 'what is the most important issue facing the world today.' i think if they made it any more specific it would put people at a disadvantage as we haven't exactly learnt anything yet. thankfully i finished it yesterday (although tis not brilliant, but i havent really got time to make it perfect and the tutors should help me with improving)

I've been given an A4 page extract from a book and been asked to write about "what intrigues me most about the extract". Currently trying to un-learn 8 years of history teachers telling me never to put my own opinion in an essay :colondollar:
Ah well, I will rustle something up! :tongue:
Original post by Nut.
I've been given an A4 page extract from a book and been asked to write about "what intrigues me most about the extract". Currently trying to un-learn 8 years of history teachers telling me never to put my own opinion in an essay :colondollar:
Ah well, I will rustle something up! :tongue:

Sounds like the one I had to do. Is the extract from the Rights of Man by any chance?
Reply 14
Original post by coolh5000
Sounds like the one I had to do. Is the extract from the Rights of Man by any chance?

It's a preface from a book on the French Revolution. Can't remember the name of the book and I don't have the sheet to hand but I don't think it was that one.
Does sound similar though...
Original post by Nut.
It's a preface from a book on the French Revolution. Can't remember the name of the book and I don't have the sheet to hand but I don't think it was that one.
Does sound similar though...

Yes, mine was about the French Revolution. It was quite a shock when I came to uni and realised that pretty much every part of modern history started with the French Revolution, and that I didn't even know the date of it, since we'd never even touched on it in school.
Reply 16
Original post by coolh5000
Yes, mine was about the French Revolution. It was quite a shock when I came to uni and realised that pretty much every part of modern history started with the French Revolution, and that I didn't even know the date of it, since we'd never even touched on it in school.

That's exactly how I feel! God, you have no idea how much of a relief it is to hear that I'm not the only person! It's mind blowing that I haven't been taught this stuff earlier really! :biggrin:
Reply 17
Still no email or letter here...Starting to get paranoid now.
Reply 18
Original post by howzatt
Still no email or letter here...Starting to get paranoid now.

Same! :frown:
But then I only confirmed my place at UEA on Sunday so I guess the wait is to be expected...
Reply 19
I just recieved an email confirming accomodation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending