Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview discussion rules - please read before posting! 12-01-2013
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    can someone help me out with some "smaller" organisations to persue please in the financial sector that would have technology based roles?

Thanks very much
    Usually technology based roles might be even harder to get in smaller institutions cause they will just use third party software. Apply to banks and see how it goes. If it all fails then next shot is trying the recruitment agencies but they would usually need some experience...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They asked me for my A-Level grades today (more specifically the equivalent from my home country). Maybe that's the reason for the rejection, as they are fairly average and I guess they expected sth way better, according to their email.
    No test invitation for me.

I do not really get it, because this application was done with very good preparation and I have relevant internships, top uni grades etc.
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingInfinity)
    Usually technology based roles might be even harder to get in smaller institutions cause they will just use third party software. Apply to banks and see how it goes. If it all fails then next shot is trying the recruitment agencies but they would usually need some experience...
    i have a year in industry :dontknow:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heini)
    They asked me for my A-Level grades today (more specifically the equivalent from my home country). Maybe that's the reason for the rejection, as they are fairly average and I guess they expected sth way better, according to their email.

I do not really get it, because this application was done with very good preparation and I have relevant internships, top uni grades etc.
    Thats not very good. Sometimes I wonder it would be nice to work in HR and understand how this all works. Do an internship there get the insights and then apply for the job you want , too late for us now.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jermaindefoe)
    i have a year in industry :dontknow:
    Thats good then. I would recommend create a profile on eFinancialCareers and then search for some junior roles there and apply. You might also get some random recruiters call with jobs if you CV is good (might even get bombarded with calls if it is exceptional)!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heini)
    i think the last 4 questions were hard. for 2 of them i had to guess... but there are 24, so no problem.
    well if u got to see what the last 4 questions looked like u should b happy, its people like u that make me look bad -__-
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lady9957)
    I had it too. How did you find it?
    Pretty tough, wasn't expecting some of the questions they threw at me for what was meant to be a competancy interview. Unsurprisingly got a rejection today. How about you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esco910)
    did anybody else find the nomura logical reasoning test impossible to finish?
    Yes, very much so
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heini)

They asked me for my grades as well like 4 days back and then after I send the grades the same day, I just got a reply thank you and we will get back to you. After how long did they reply to you with rejection email?
    • 28 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thats good then. I would recommend create a profile on eFinancialCareers and then search for some junior roles there and apply. You might also get some random recruiters call with jobs if you CV is good (might even get bombarded with calls if it is exceptional)!
    account created
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just logged onto the RBS website and the is a new update saying "Telephone booking technical issues resolved." hmmmmm! Anyone got an invite as yet? Or just the mail saying keep waiting before we reject you lol!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    just the mail.

anyone have db recruitment e-mail? I have one person in particular but don't want to bother her with this.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    When you login to your application I know there is an option there to contact the team?

Because I did once when I started the application for Trading Analyst and the closed it in 3 days so when I returned about like a week+ I could not save stuff lol, so I contacted them and they said it was closed at " 01/09/2011 at 15:53 GMT"! Good that I did not spend too much time on it!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AHG)
    They asked me for my grades as well like 4 days back and then after I send the grades the same day, I just got a reply thank you and we will get back to you. After how long did they reply to you with rejection email?
    I sent off the application on Wednesday afternoon, they asked for grades Friday morning and I got rejected Friday evening.

Good luck!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Thats not very good. Sometimes I wonder it would be nice to work in HR and understand how this all works. Do an internship there get the insights and then apply for the job you want , too late for us now.
    That's true. Anyone may want to keep in mind that HR might have some, from our perspective, arbitrary criteria that exist for weeding out people. I do not want to know how many people apply to HSBC just because there are so few other applications for full time trading positions possible. If times were better, I would probably not have applied there at all.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludovic_88)
    just the mail.

anyone have db recruitment e-mail? I have one person in particular but don't want to bother her with this.
    Which division are you looking for?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Heini)
    I sent off the application on Wednesday afternoon, they asked for grades Friday morning and I got rejected Friday evening.

Good luck!
    Mate...got the rejection email 1hr back...same reason I guess. this is retarded.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frontier)
    Which division are you looking for?
    Just a general one for db, it's a technical issue that's taking forever and getting nowhere with the query form
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    HSBC rejecting on Saturday too?!?! Must be a hard year!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha Paradox)
    Pretty tough, wasn't expecting some of the questions they threw at me for what was meant to be a competancy interview. Unsurprisingly got a rejection today. How about you?
    I had one yesterday, and found it challenging. But, I think I managed to answer most of them reasonably well. I need to wait though, I didn't hear back from them yet. Have you done an internship in M&A?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: February 7, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.