Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications

Announcements Posted on
Applying to uni this year? Check out our new personal statement advice hub 28-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone apply to/heard anything back from SWIP?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Is it worth applying to trading grad schemes if you haven't done an internship?
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpha Paradox)
    Is it worth applying to trading grad schemes if you haven't done an internship?
    I'm going to try this, so I guess I'll let you guys know how it goes. :dontknow:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greg100max)
    I called to see for fast track availability at Barcap for grad scheme for people with internships. They said they are not doing that this year, as they are only taking graduates from their current interns.
    So HR basically said that they are not giving offers to anyone not in their intern class?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hampstead_K)
    GS don't do tests for London FO as far as i know.

Called HR at GS and they said they are completing internship offers and will then know spaces for 2012 grads in the Securities Division.

Presume UBS are not (have heard internship intake only) whilst I think Barcap are bullish.

*all my presumptions are based on friends working at various levels within Sales & Trading only.
    So UBS are only hiring from their intern class? Have you heard any more on this?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nothing more, UBS HR are frustrating with their lack of response to my various harrassment techniques.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hampstead_K)
    Nothing more, UBS HR are frustrating with their lack of response to my various harrassment techniques.
    I emailed today too but if you aren't getting a response then I doubt I'll get one too. Anyway I sent off my summer internship application.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you a penultimate year student?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frontier)
    Yes. Tests have been done though no word since. Hopefully HR will get in contact shortly.
    (Original post by robotic_dancer)
    Saw my application said "interview stage", guess that just means tests
    hi guys, how did you apply for DB markets grad? When i go on the website the only options for UK Analyst Training Program are Finance, Ops, Risks, PW and Transaction Banking.

I can see CIB Markets for Interns

Thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alex_hk90)
    I'm going to try this, so I guess I'll let you guys know how it goes. :dontknow:
    Finally!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .x.g.x.)
    hi guys, how did you apply for DB markets grad? When i go on the website the only options for UK Analyst Training Program are Finance, Ops, Risks, PW and Transaction Banking.

I can see CIB Markets for Interns

Thanks
    Hey, I think it opened and closed within a week in August.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frontier)
    So HR basically said that they are not giving offers to anyone not in their intern class?
    BarCap took 450 interns this year compared to 370 last year (London numbers only) and is planning to take on fewer grads next year when compared when compared to this year.

The vast majority (probably 90% plus) of FO BarCap grads this year had internships last year so it is quite likely that they are not hiring many people who didn't intern with them.
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebam_uk)
    Finally!
    To be honest I'm not that confident as I also have the complication of being abroad so won't be able to attend assessment centres unless they can hold them in Beijing.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Niice good luck. I've been watching Million Dollar Traders today in any case!

How important internships are in general when you apply to these schemes out of curiosty?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I'm not that confident as I also have the complication of being abroad so won't be able to attend assessment centres unless they can hold them in Beijing.
    They might fly you in, pay for the costs of flights so you can do AC's. Unless your looking to work in China offices?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I'll have to apply for te Deutsche Bank 2012 Markets Internship given that they've closed the grad scheme already. And Deutsche don't even take final year interns!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applied to UBS, RBS and BarCap
    • 21 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ebam_uk)
    They might fly you in, pay for the costs of flights so you can do AC's. Unless your looking to work in China offices?
    That would be fun. :yep: I'm looking to work back in the UK.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crcr)
    Anyone apply to/heard anything back from SWIP?
    I'll be applying to SWIP at some point. Is AM your main interest?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thegaffer91)
    I'll be applying to SWIP at some point. Is AM your main interest?
    Yes. I posted as I got a pretty strange e-mail a day or so after applying and wondered how many people got the same one.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 8, 2013
New on TSR

Vote for your favourite Christmas film

Win a bundle of Xmas DVDs

Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.