The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hampstead_K
Just to update you guys:

I have called Barcap & GS and was told:

Barcap - highly unlikely to hire outside of their internship programme for 2012 candidates
GS - will finalise offers and therefore available headcount by late next week but from tonality, I assumed there would be little left.

GS also said that they don't take on interns outside of their penultimate year unless they are looking to study an MSc. (this is frustrating for those of us who can't apply and are doing the final year of their MSc, surely exceptions should be made?!)

BTW if anyone knows:

1) when the CS graduate recruitment scheme starts in 2012 (ie - early summer or sept)
2) an email address for GS HR to update my CV

I would appreciate it.

irrespective of norms... I am sure all Banks are always looking for good and right candidates...:smile:
Reply 121
Thanks for the update!
Reply 122
Original post by Frontier
It's on here: citi.gtios.com

Thanks! I managed to find it too. But appreciate your help. :smile:

And thanks Hampstead_K for the update!
BofAmerica just told me on the phone they are opening apps next week and no fast tracks
I have heard that JP Morgan and Morgan Stanely have no graduate programs for Sales & Trading this year only summer internships. Can anyone confirm this?
Reply 125
Original post by greg100max
I have heard that JP Morgan and Morgan Stanely have no graduate programs for Sales & Trading this year only summer internships. Can anyone confirm this?

Rumours only add to the confusion. People often state this categorically since the recession, the only benefit is that it puts off people from applying - potentially increasing your chances of a grad role lol!
Reply 126
Original post by greg100max

JPM actually mention on their website that they don't hire graduate outside their summer interns pool, so you can't even apply for a graduate programme..
Do any of you guys is familiar with fast-track AC?

Basically anyone who already have a relevant 3 to 6 months internship in an close area can be considered or potentially ask for being fast tracked or attend those "special" ACs?

Thanks
Reply 128
Original post by painauchocolat
Do any of you guys is familiar with fast-track AC?

Basically anyone who already have a relevant 3 to 6 months internship in an close area can be considered or potentially ask for being fast tracked or attend those "special" ACs?

Thanks

I'm not sure about this, I thought fast-track was for people who already interned within the same company. Otherwise, almost everyone could ask for a fast track at this stage since many applicants have a relevant experience when they apply to graduate programmes, don't they?
Original post by Lut1Mal1
I'm not sure about this, I thought fast-track was for people who already interned within the same company. Otherwise, almost everyone could ask for a fast track at this stage since many applicants have a relevant experience when they apply to graduate programmes, don't they?

Yes that is what I was thinking aswell.

On the other hand, interns are usually told at the end of their internship if they do get an offer or not, so I don't see why they would get fast track AC entrance. Or maybe it is a sort of second chance?

My initial though was that fast track ACs were for interns at other bank of a similar size who interned in a very related desk: like you intern at UBS in M&A in 2009 and be fast tracked for ECM at Barclays in 2010. But no idea if it is really the case.

Yes fast track is meant for the people who interned within the same company and this is normal. But there will few people usually a small % who will get offers straight off at the end of summer internship.

Dumb Economist
Yes fast track is meant for the people who interned within the same company and this is normal. But there will few people usually a small % who will get offers straight off at the end of summer internship.

No I'm pretty sure you guys are wrong.

Most summer interns are told at the end of their internship if they have the job or not.

The fast track is for interns from other banks, and I guess interns in the same company who didn't manage to convert.
Reply 132
Fast-track process if also for former spring week interns
Reply 133
Does anyone know whether it is a disadvantage or advantage to highlight that you have previously interviewed with the company you are applying to despite not gaining an offer or having a poor interview?

For example, on some of the online application forms it asks specifically whether you have interviewed with them in the past?

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 134
Original post by eivoquraf
No I'm pretty sure you guys are wrong.

Most summer interns are told at the end of their internship if they have the job or not.

The fast track is for interns from other banks, and I guess interns in the same company who didn't manage to convert.

This is correct.
Reply 135
If you've interned at other banks, do you call HR to get fast-tracked?
No
Original post by seattle
If you've interned at other banks, do you call HR to get fast-tracked?

The usual process is you go to their inter-bank networking events over summer, speak to a few people, then get invited for a fast-track AC if they liked you.

There are other ways of getting fast-track ACs, like if you did a SW at the bank or if you have a good relationship with HR etc.....in this case you can call/e-mail them because they already know you.
Reply 138
Original post by Hampstead_K
Got this from Barcap:

Dear ******

As our interns are still here, we presently do not know how much extra hiring we may be doing for graduate 2012 vacancies.

We do accept final year students onto our scheme for internships.

Regards

Campus Recruitment

hey,

sorry slightly confused, does this implicate for example in my case I graduate in 2012, but i can apply for an inernship instead of a grad role.

thanks
Yes I posted an update that grad hiring was going to be virtually non-existent for Barcap 2012 so better off applying to internships (which you are allowed to apply to).

Quick Reply

Latest