The Student Room Group

OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications

I thought I'd start the new OFFICIAL: 2012 Graduate Scheme Applications thread. Good luck with you applications and your current internships!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone heard back from any of the banks yet?
Reply 2
Can anyone kindly list the banks which allow more than 1 graduate application to different divisions?

I only know of Credit Suisse.
Reply 3
Original post by Hampstead_K
Can anyone kindly list the banks which allow more than 1 graduate application to different divisions?

I only know of Credit Suisse.

I don't think it is a good idea to apply to multiple divisions especially for full-time positions because banks typically want to see that you are interested in a role not two.
Reply 4
Just getting my CV checked over and my cover letter style then will be applying :~]
Reply 5
Apart from BarCap, what banks have started applications? Also, I am really poor at maths, so wha should I revise for the Barcap numerical test ?

Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by bigkev18
Apart from BarCap, what banks have started applications? Also, I am really poor at maths, so wha should I revise for the Barcap numerical test ?

Thanks

UBS, Goldmans, RBS (some divisions).
Got Goldman app almost ready , failed barcap shl Fml
Reply 8
Does anyone have any idea of which banks are actually hiring?
Reply 9
Original post by jermaindefoe
Got Goldman app almost ready , failed barcap shl Fml

bastards havent even invited me for tests
GS don't do tests for London FO as far as i know.

Called HR at GS and they said they are completing internship offers and will then know spaces for 2012 grads in the Securities Division.

Presume UBS are not (have heard internship intake only) whilst I think Barcap are bullish.

*all my presumptions are based on friends working at various levels within Sales & Trading only.
Applied to UBS, Goldman and BarCap. Failed the BarCap test, haven't heard back from UBS or Goldman yet. Applied for risk.
LOL @ BarCap being bullish. Grad cycle will be tough this year. Make sure you pick out a company that won't go bust. Good luck to all of you nevertheless!
(edited 12 years ago)
So far I've started preparing applications for kpmg, ey, deloitte (all in investment consultancy-like roles), and gs, credit Suisse for am roles.

However, I'm slightly worried about when to send them off. I'm working full time ATM so while I have the time to do online tests, phone interviews aren't possible.

Does anyone know whether any of those companies are likely to want to do phone interviews before mid-September (when I return to uni) or whether it will damage my application if I try to delay these interviews?
Original post by thegaffer91
So far I've started preparing applications for kpmg, ey, deloitte (all in investment consultancy-like roles), and gs, credit Suisse for am roles.

However, I'm slightly worried about when to send them off. I'm working full time ATM so while I have the time to do online tests, phone interviews aren't possible.

Does anyone know whether any of those companies are likely to want to do phone interviews before mid-September (when I return to uni) or whether it will damage my application if I try to delay these interviews?

you cant step away from your desk for half an hour during lunch or something?
rejected from kpmg due to gcse grades :lolwut: even though i tool them 10 years ago :sigh:

#iwillnevergetajob
rejected from kpmg due to gcse grades :lolwut: even though i tool them 10 years ago :sigh:

#iwillnevergetajob

nooo - That is ridiculous!
Original post by Zweihander
you cant step away from your desk for half an hour during lunch or something?

Probably not. I'm working in quite a small office and I doubt there would be anywhere quiet to go to it. The only separate offices are the MD's office and the meeting room, which is often full with clients or external individials (compliance, professionals we have a partnership with etc.)

#iwillnevergetajob

:eek: why are you applying for entry level jobs now..:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest