The Student Room Group

Music Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:woo: :party: :yay: :congrats: :awesome:

Well done you! Well chuffed for you! And of course, you're going to one of the best Music departments on the planet! :biggrin:

Thanks :smile: Haha, of course! Have you finished there now?

Original post by blue_star221
Jack that is BRILLIANT!! Well done :biggrin: so pleased for you!

I got an A in performance this year, but then a low B in the exam and a high C in coursework... so it really must've been my AS grades that got me up to a low A :/ agreeing with the fact that OCR are numpties!!!

But still..... no more OCR ever :biggrin:

Thanks! Where are you off to?

I did OCR as well. Got B's in performance and composition but an E in the written exam :/
Original post by jackf1337
Thanks :smile: Haha, of course! Have you finished there now?

Not quite. I have to hand in my dissertation before 30th August :afraid: If that's done on time, that'll be me all done :eek: Then I will graduate in January :awesome:
Not quite. I have to hand in my dissertation before 30th August :afraid: If that's done on time, that'll be me all done :eek: Then I will graduate in January :awesome:

Offt, scary times. Best of luck with it.

What sort of career will you be pursuing when you graduate?
Offt, scary times. Best of luck with it.

What sort of career will you be pursuing when you graduate?

I'll probably take at least a few months out to recover and get my health vaguely back in order. After that, I'll be looking at arts administration jobs, as well as jobs in fundraising, since that's what I did during my internship with the London Symphony Orchestra :h:

Might even take a whole gap yah or two, just to chill, tbh. I really shouldn't have jumped straight into my Masters straight from undergrad :nah:
I'll probably take at least a few months out to recover and get my health vaguely back in order. After that, I'll be looking at arts administration jobs, as well as jobs in fundraising, since that's what I did during my internship with the London Symphony Orchestra :h:

Might even take a whole gap yah or two, just to chill, tbh. I really shouldn't have jumped straight into my Masters straight from undergrad :nah:

That's fair enough. It sounds like you've worked very hard these past years.

I've been trying to get some possible careers in my head as I'm unsure as to what sort of job I can realistically get other than teaching.
That's fair enough. It sounds like you've worked very hard these past years.

I've been trying to get some possible careers in my head as I'm unsure as to what sort of job I can realistically get other than teaching.

Remind me: are you doing the pop course at Goldsmiths or the more traditional course? There are lots of avenues open either way. The main thing is to put yourself out there and get experience whilst you study, whether that's volunteer work, an internship or regular gigs :yes:

Just out of curiosity, how did you get the internship with the LSO? Was it integrated into your course or did you arrange it yourself? I'd love to do something like that, with Scottish Opera maybe, as if I don't do performance or teaching I'd really like to work for them. :smile:
Original post by christielovesyou
Just out of curiosity, how did you get the internship with the LSO? Was it integrated into your course or did you arrange it yourself? I'd love to do something like that, with Scottish Opera maybe, as if I don't do performance or teaching I'd really like to work for them. :smile:

My Masters is part-time and I found I had too much time on my hands. So I saw the advertisement, applied and got it! First ever job interview too! :king1:

So it wasn't part of my course but obviously quite related. I think they quite liked having a Music student as an intern. Seemed to be a bit of a novelty, lol!

You should def look into it :smile:
My Masters is part-time and I found I had too much time on my hands. So I saw the advertisement, applied and got it! First ever job interview too! :king1:

So it wasn't part of my course but obviously quite related. I think they quite liked having a Music student as an intern. Seemed to be a bit of a novelty, lol!

You should def look into it :smile:

Sounds great! :biggrin: Definitely something I'll consider!
Bit late, but well done guys on getting where you want! And roll on September/October! Make sure you all enjoy your freshers lots! And work hard! :biggrin:
Oh wow, looks like I've missed out on a lot while I've been away D:
Oh well, because I'm such a lazy git, I won't quote everybody's success, but
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU ALL ON YOUR SUCCESSES :biggrin:
[COLOR="#000000"]
:biggrin:
Also good luck to those getting their GCSE marks the day after tomorrow :smile:
Remind me: are you doing the pop course at Goldsmiths or the more traditional course? There are lots of avenues open either way. The main thing is to put yourself out there and get experience whilst you study, whether that's volunteer work, an internship or regular gigs :yes:

I'm doing the traditional course :smile: I just want to get out there and play really
Hi, erm, I dno if its too late or not, I was just wondering if it was worth spending 2 choices on the royal northern joint course with Manchester and just Manchester and why?
Thanks

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Boggieeiggob
Hi, erm, I dno if its too late or not, I was just wondering if it was worth spending 2 choices on the royal northern joint course with Manchester and just Manchester and why?
Thanks

Check this thread :smile:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2035678&page=15&p=40975387

Quick Reply