The Student Room Group

Music Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wren94
Aww it'd be nice <3 my music teacher thinks I'd do well at interview, so we'll see!! :smile:
I love music theory and history <3 haha and niiiiicceeee! Which are you putting down as your first study? Bit miffed it's unaccompanied >.<

here's the issue. I could get the train that'd take 4 hours and I'd have to leave at 6am and change trains, so if there were delays I'd be scuppered. To get there any earlier by train it'd take 9 hours and I'd have to leave here at 10pm the night before so Dad's looking to get time off and we'll drive which'd take 3-4 hours ish :smile:
I was going to do that too and look thorough some old theory stuff! :smile: x

Ahh!! A bit of a music geek then :P I'm putting clarinet down as first study :smile: Yeh...I'm a bit miffed its unaccompanied too :/

God trains, hey! I definitely think that getting your Dad to take you would be the best idea :smile: Typical, isn't it that the interview is 3 days before my driving test!! Could have driven myself otherwise :P x
Reply 101
Original post by beanstalkgirl_24
Ahh!! A bit of a music geek then :P I'm putting clarinet down as first study :smile: Yeh...I'm a bit miffed its unaccompanied too :/

God trains, hey! I definitely think that getting your Dad to take you would be the best idea :smile: Typical, isn't it that the interview is 3 days before my driving test!! Could have driven myself otherwise :P x

A guess a little? Haha :smile: accompanied would've been good practise for A2 recital too :frown:
Me too; he's going to ask at work tomorrow :P and TYPICAL!! Haha :L always the way :music: x
Reply 102
Yay! Got a conditional ABB offer from Leeds :biggrin:
Reply 103
Original post by Debbie_xx

Hooray!! Congratulations! :biggrin:

How long did it take for Edinburgh to acknowledge you?
Reply 105
Original post by bigflutetop
How long did it take for Edinburgh to acknowledge you?

Quite soon after I applied. They sent me a link to their student network and said that they have recieved my application and will keep me up to date with whats going on.
Quite soon after I applied. They sent me a link to their student network and said that they have recieved my application and will keep me up to date with whats going on.

I sent mine on the 14th October and still haven't got acknowledged should I be worried?
Reply 107
Original post by bigflutetop
I sent mine on the 14th October and still haven't got acknowledged should I be worried?

Well I sent mine on the 30th September- so I really wouldn't be too worried about it :smile:
I'm finding it slightly weird that the only place I need to audition for (Bath Spa) is the only place that I haven't heard a thing from :/
Reply 109
Original post by blue_star221

I'm finding it slightly weird that the only place I need to audition for (Bath Spa) is the only place that I haven't heard a thing from :/

Ooh Nottingham is one of my choices too... I'd love to get a place there :biggrin:
Original post by woodhel02
Ooh Nottingham is one of my choices too... I'd love to get a place there :biggrin:

Good luck :biggrin: me too! Obviously I'd love to get places from all my choices but... If I could have any one, it would be Surrey :smile: fingers crossed for us all!

Heyya :smile:

Haven't heard a dicky bird from Bath Spa either! :frown: I wouldn't worry though...I'm sure they're just sorting everything out :smile:
Original post by beanstalkgirl_24
Heyya :smile:

Haven't heard a dicky bird from Bath Spa either! :frown: I wouldn't worry though...I'm sure they're just sorting everything out :smile:

Hello fellow Bath Spa applicant *waves* I think out of all the ones I looked at, they've got the best course :smile: Fingers crossed for a response, whatever it might be soon!
Hello fellow Bath Spa applicant *waves* I think out of all the ones I looked at, they've got the best course :smile: Fingers crossed for a response, whatever it might be soon!

Yeah, hoping for a response soon too!! :wink: Haven't actually been to Bath yet...even though its only about 45 mins away... Woops...ah, well if I get invited to audition, I'll see it then I suppose :tongue: Have you heard from anywhere else???
Reply 114
:colondollar: Ahhhhh come on Bristol!!! >.< :afraid: :juggle:
Got my auditions for RWCMD and RCS sorted, both next month :smile:

How should I dress?

Still haven't sent UCAS but still thinking:
Aberdeen
Liverpool Institute of Performing Arts
Leeds College of Music
Middlesex
Kingston

The last two are seen as back ups, not too hot on Kingston though... Anyone able to think of a semi reputable institute in a city with CCC/240 entry requirements?
Original post by jackf1337

How should I dress?

Aberdeen
Leeds College of Music
Middlesex
Kingston

The last two are seen as back ups, not too hot on Kingston though... Anyone able to think of a semi reputable institute in a city with CCC/240 entry requirements?

Canterbury Christ Church seems like a good one to go for :smile: I've also heard some really good things about Chichester. There's Anglia Ruskin, Salford and Oxford Brookes too - I took a quick look at Anglia Ruskin and seems like they've got a good course!

How should I dress?

Aberdeen
Leeds College of Music
Middlesex
Kingston

Alls I can say is good luck, both LIPA and LCM are fierce for competition.
You should really think about your other options you should pick options you still want to go too.
(I'm not saying that you can't play because you probs can but don't put all your eggs in one basked and also just remember that although they have minimum grade entry requirements the majority will not have minimum entry requirements hence why it's the minimum.

I recommend ACM,BIMM,Tech Music School. ( As back ups, easy to get into but also if you want to 'study hard' then they'll work in your favour)
Reply 118

How should I dress?

Aberdeen
Leeds College of Music
Middlesex
Kingston

I've looked around Canterbury Christ Church (CCC) and Chichester (CCD) and they are both fantastic :biggrin:
:hi:

applied last year but due to a lot of complications I decided not to go and I'm reapplying :smile: hopefully to:

Manchester
Leeds BMus
Huddersfield
Leeds College of Music (maybe)

My fourth is undecided, and I've also applied to the RNCM :biggrin:

How are things going for everyone?

Quick Reply

Latest