Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone at the Burnley Campus?

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting at UCLAN in September studying LLB Law at the Burnley campus.

I'm wondering who else is studying here?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to UCLan but the preston campus - I live pretty much in Burnley though!

Have you got your welcome stuff through yet?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SarahXo)
    I'm off to UCLan but the preston campus - I live pretty much in Burnley though!

Have you got your welcome stuff through yet?
    Is Burnley nice? Is there any good night clubs and stuff?
    I used to live in preston for 7 years when I was little so I have a connection with the area - I hope Burnley is nice.

For the welcome pack - I haven't as of yet, but I shall be getting them soon. Have you?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justiceisjust)
    Is Burnley nice? Is there any good night clubs and stuff?
    I used to live in preston for 7 years when I was little so I have a connection with the area - I hope Burnley is nice.

For the welcome pack - I haven't as of yet, but I shall be getting them soon. Have you?
    It's ok, quite popular for nights out and stuff! I've just had mine through today
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm studying at Burnley, been told about the free bus from preston so I'm happy about that
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm Going To Burnley, Getting A Student House There!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

I'm studying at the Burnley campus and also the same course

But , am having trouble sorting out accommodation. Are there any halls on the burnley campus?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fergy)
    I'm studying at Burnley, been told about the free bus from preston so I'm happy about that
    Yeah. I heard the same, so I've booked accommodation for Preston now :-)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good, at least there's someone else
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yh might do the same
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fergy)
    yeah same here mate !
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

I;m studying LLb Law there too! Have u found accommodation? Where will you be staying?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm doing LLB law at burnley too, finally sorted out my accomodation at preston. I'm staying at iQ kopa halls.

Just a bit concerned about the traveling and finding where these free buses go from etc. But exciting times x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm there studying Art and Design, then I'll be off to Preston campus for 3 years for my photography

Does anybody know if you can get student 7 day silvers btw?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I go to the Burnley campus. I'm doing the LLB Law too, in my second year, so if you need anything, gimme a shout
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    I live in Burnley and Calico are offering accomodation. However the majority of UCLan students prefer to live and attend the Preston campus. The Burnley Campus at Burnley College is pretty poor in relation to student life. I've heard that uni students at Burnley have to share almost all there facilities with college kids, and the nightlife isn't great in Burnley either (gets boring pretty quick). There's also more mature students attending Burnley because they cater more for part time courses as opposed to full time. Even though the entry grades are lower at Burnley, i'm still applying for the Preston Campus as it offers better nightlife, accomodation, facilities, teaching. Sorry if that sounded really negative guys...
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i'm going to the Burnley campus in September, just wondered would i have to apply for the shared housing in Burnley, or because of the free bus, would i be able to apply for the Preston halls then?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakeex)
    i'm going to the Burnley campus in September, just wondered would i have to apply for the shared housing in Burnley, or because of the free bus, would i be able to apply for the Preston halls then?
    The free bus won't be available next year. I wouldn't recommend burnley if you're wanting a student experience.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of studying Media Production at Foundation level. What's Burnley's night life like? Is it hustling and bustling? Or is there not much to do? I'm undecided between UCLAN and the Warrington campus at Chester.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    The free bus won't be available next year. I wouldn't recommend burnley if you're wanting a student experience.
    Ah is it not the best for the student experience aspect?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 27, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.