The Student Room Group

How to get my equitment

Hello, Just a few questions.
i received by report a few weeks ago after undergoing an assessment and am able to get a laptop, recorder and other things to help with my needs.

The report contained about 4 different quotations for the equipment, I was wondering do you ring the supplier on the number given and choose which quotation you would like OR do they tell you which quotation you are receiving?

Also my uni is due to start 1st October, will they deliver the equipment to my home before I leave or deliver to the Uni once iv'e arrived? Do I get a choice?

Finally I have 4 half days of training available for computer programs, will I get this at the uni or from home before i go?

Thanks for any reply's, your help is appreciated :smile:
SFE will chose a supplier and then you ring them and they'll come an deliver it to where you want on an agreed date. I haven't heard yet about my training though...
Reply 2
How long does this process normally take? :confused:

I had my assessment and I'm waiting for the report draft. Now, I was (optimistically?) thinking if it takes 10 days for the report, then SFE will have it by the 1st/2nd I may be able to get the stuff before moving into halls on the 29th.

Is that totally unrealistic? I'm getting a laptop for my course and obviously I could really do with it ASAP.
Original post by BigV

I had my assessment and I'm waiting for the report draft. Now, I was (optimistically?) thinking if it takes 10 days for the report, then SFE will have it by the 1st/2nd I may be able to get the stuff before moving into halls on the 29th.

Is that totally unrealistic? I'm getting a laptop for my course and obviously I could really do with it ASAP.

SFE normally take 2 - 3 weeks to approve equipment and sent you details of a supplier.
Reply 4
Original post by SmallTownGirl
SFE normally take 2 - 3 weeks to approve equipment and sent you details of a supplier.

Do they normally approve everything that has been recommended by the assessor or do they pick and choose?
Original post by BigV
Do they normally approve everything that has been recommended by the assessor or do they pick and choose?

I haven't heard of anyone who's not had everything approved.
Reply 6

Original post by BigV

i received my draft report over a month ago and still havent heard anything from SFE, im unhappy about the situation to say the least. This means there is no chance at all of getting my equipment in time for uni :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest