The Student Room Group

With science is more appropriate to take alone?

Apologies for bad thread title. I'm knackered.

Hello there,

I'm stuck between picking one science out of two for my Higher options.

This is between Chemistry and Physics.

My dilemma is that I've been told that physics is the best science to take alone and is highly respected, however, I think I'm better at chemistry. I love both sciences equally.

Can I take chemistry as a science on its own? Is this of any use? Or is really physics the way forward?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

Also, the science will be complemented by latin, history, english and maths if that's relevant.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
In terms of university, chemistry is better regarded (or plain more useful) for things like biomedical~ medicine~ pharmacy~ chemical engineering~ biochemistry~

While physics is more electrical engineering~ computer science~ maths~ aeronautics~ mechanical engineering~

There certainly isn't a lack of respect for chemistry; physics & chem are the two "hardest" sciences although they're rather different. Personally I just far prefer the content of chemistry.
Reply 2
Ofcourse you can take chemistry on its own. If you like chemistry more, then take it.
Reply 3
there is a common misconception that physics is the hardest science, and in all fairness, to me it is - as I don't enjoy it. Whereas someone who is excellent at physics may not be able to cope with chemistry or biology. You should take whichever science you feel most comfortable with, as each is respected in its own right. as was said before, chemistry is useful in many things, as is physics. it all depends on you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending