The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by yeebz93
I think Birmingham city uni do

Thanks
Reply 101
Original post by yeebz93
Anyone have any ideas where they are gonna apply?

Im thinking of Birmingham city, hertfordshire, st georges university, liverpool and LSBU as insurance

LSBU are increasing there minimum requierments to 280-300 UCAS points for the 2012 cource.
I'm still not sure if I want to do radiography, but I'll sort out some work experience on the offchance that I do. I was just wondering: how much experience is appropriate? A day or two, or more like a couple of weeks?
Reply 103
Original post by Jiten88
LSBU are increasing there minimum requierments to 280-300 UCAS points for the 2012 cource.

No they are not because i checked the ucas website and their own website.
Reply 104
Original post by kittikat93
I'm still not sure if I want to do radiography, but I'll sort out some work experience on the offchance that I do. I was just wondering: how much experience is appropriate? A day or two, or more like a couple of weeks?

I did 2 days, well thats what they recomended anyway. I learnt alot and hopefully if i get an interview i can BOSS it :smile:
Original post by yeebz93
I did 2 days, well thats what they recomended anyway. I learnt alot and hopefully if i get an interview i can BOSS it :smile:

Cheers, now I just gotta get myself into gear and organise it (although since I'm on a gap year I have no shortage of spare time) :P I hate phoning people...
Hi guys,

I was just wondering if this thread is strictly for diagnostic applicants or are potential radiotherapists welcome here too? :smile: If it’s better to keep them separate, I can start another thread because I can't seem to find one :smile:
Reply 107
No objections here :-)
Reply 108
Original post by misterzed
Yep! as of tomorrow 7days left :eek:

If you wanna add me to facebook you can ask me whatever you like about the course once I've been there a little while! (if you p.m. me your link/name?)

+ Don't worry about the interview too much, if you check into it a little its fairly obvious what they are asking for.. also with a purely academic science degree you should be at the top of the pile for interviews :biggrin:

++ Quite agree on the fees, I'd possibly be doing something entirely different now, but not unhappy with how things have turned out!

Orite man, how was ur 1st day? Finally there hey!

Just had my work experience last 2 days, bloody hell in rearing to go!
U can find me on Facebook as Mitesh Gosai.
Has anyone sent there UCAS off and heard back from places yet? I can't wait to send me, really excited!
Reply 110
Hi applying for diagnostic radiography 2012. going to apply for a few uni's but teeside as first choice.. anyone else looking to go to teeside? im getting nervous, thinking im not going to ge accepted any where. sure im just being paraniod :smile:
I'm applying for diagnostic radiography at Ulster, Glasgow Caledonian, Exeter and Queen Margaret. I don't know what my fifth choice will be!

I got AABB in my AS Levels.... Anyone else applying for the above universities?
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else is applying to liverpool and what they are going about there clinical visit forms, I have filled mine in but it pretty much just repeats whats in my personal statement, what else are hey wanting in the form that I haven't wrote in my personal statement?
People are already sending off applications?! I thought the deadline is in jan 2012???!
Original post by hello123450
People are already sending off applications?! I thought the deadline is in jan 2012???!

It is, but obviously you don't have to wait until then to send it. Some people prefer to get it all done early. I sent mine off first week of October last year and had an offer before Christmas so it took the stress out of it for me personally, rather than waiting last minute.
Original post by dreaminchicken
It is, but obviously you don't have to wait until then to send it. Some people prefer to get it all done early. I sent mine off first week of October last year and had an offer before Christmas so it took the stress out of it for me personally, rather than waiting last minute.

Ohhh I know what you mean! Hahaa I was having a panic attack, I thought I must have read something wrong or if applications were meant to be sent with medical applicants! :smile:)) x
Reply 116
Hello all,

I applied to Derby for radiography last year but didn't get a place, so will be going through the whole trauma again this year.
I have done an Access to HE course, distance learning to gain entry cos I'm old! Got more work experience lined up as advised and will chill out a bit as i've done the interview thing before. Well, hopefully an interview as there were 400 - 500 applicants last year :redface:
Original post by vicky70
Hello all,

I applied to Derby for radiography last year but didn't get a place, so will be going through the whole trauma again this year.
I have done an Access to HE course, distance learning to gain entry cos I'm old! Got more work experience lined up as advised and will chill out a bit as i've done the interview thing before. Well, hopefully an interview as there were 400 - 500 applicants last year :redface:

Hi, where else are you applying? Who did you do the access to HE with, I think thats the route I am going to go down if If i miss my grades.
Reply 118
Original post by JordanUK
Hi, where else are you applying? Who did you do the access to HE with, I think thats the route I am going to go down if If i miss my grades.

Just Derby due to house, travel, kids, hubby etc. A big bummer when my one and only choice said no this year.
My Access course was with Distance Learning Centre.com, very good course with great tutor help and student forum for when you're stuck. Beware with Access course though, it is recommended you do Access to Science as it covers physics too, where my course was "Nursing, midwifery and other health professions" which was great on the biology side but nowt with physics. However, they are changing their courses this year to include some physics.
Reply 119
Anyone applying to Leeds Uni? Question...it says BBB on the website but on ucas it says BBC? so which one is it? :smile:

Latest