The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1260
Original post by Ps.
Ive got my interview at canterbury tomorrow!
anyone got any tips? i havent actually been down there yet so im googling it like crazy haha

setting off at 4 in the morning -_- i will be shattered

wish me luck :biggrin:

awww good luck! i had mine two weeks ago, the interview is informal ,it's more like chatting and trying to see how you think and why should they choose you ,mine was pretty long ,about 30 minutes ,they were very nice ,i liked the place .

prepare yourself for these questions :smile:
1) why radiography ?
2)whats the role of radiographer ?
3)Why you over the other applicants?
4)Why this uni ?
5)any personal experience ?
6)nhs aspects and talk about recent news
7)what skills do you have

he asked me many more questions ,but i honestly can't remember.These are the main questions ,so prepare answers :cool:

Goooood luck
Reply 1261
Any tips please from those who have been to south bank??????????? help me please.
Reply 1262
Original post by TheDawn
awww good luck! i had mine two weeks ago, the interview is informal ,it's more like chatting and trying to see how you think and why should they choose you ,mine was pretty long ,about 30 minutes ,they were very nice ,i liked the place .

prepare yourself for these questions :smile:
1) why radiography ?
2)whats the role of radiographer ?
3)Why you over the other applicants?
4)Why this uni ?
5)any personal experience ?
6)nhs aspects and talk about recent news
7)what skills do you have

he asked me many more questions ,but i honestly can't remember.These are the main questions ,so prepare answers :cool:

Goooood luck

Thank you so much! this will be my second interview but i still have no idea what to expect/what it will be like

30 minutes? wow, as in you chatted for that long alone? or were there other people with you too?
That seems like an awful long time, especially as my interview at teesside was probably around 5-10 minutes :/ im worried about awkward silences now :dong: haha

is there anything really specific i should know? or is it more about being able to present myself in a good way etc

damn i knew not having been there might be an issue, and there isnt that much about the uni on the internet; im not even entirely sure what the uni looks like :K:

Thanks a buuunch! :borat:
Reply 1263
Original post by Ps.
Thank you so much! this will be my second interview but i still have no idea what to expect/what it will be like

30 minutes? wow, as in you chatted for that long alone? or were there other people with you too?
That seems like an awful long time, especially as my interview at teesside was probably around 5-10 minutes :/ im worried about awkward silences now :dong: haha

is there anything really specific i should know? or is it more about being able to present myself in a good way etc

damn i knew not having been there might be an issue, and there isnt that much about the uni on the internet; im not even entirely sure what the uni looks like :K:

Thanks a buuunch! :borat:

Don't worry ,don't think too much ,trust me it will just make things worse for you ,calm yourself ,drink lots of fluids ,i tend to stress very easily so i know what you mean ,but they are not their to trick you they just want to know more about you because they like you ,think about it this way ,they want you to get in, otherwise they wouldn't have sent you an invitation right?:wink:

Show them what you got ,and express yourself ,dont sit their staring at his face ,shake his/her hand when you enter .
Talk about your work experience and what you learnt,try to stand out from the others.

You don't need to search it on google because they will explain everything about the uni ,city and placements :smile:

aww glad that helped
good luck
i'm sure you will do well

xxx
Reply 1264
Original post by TheDawn
Don't worry ,don't think too much ,trust me it will just make things worse for you ,calm yourself ,drink lots of fluids ,i tend to stress very easily so i know what you mean ,but they are not their to trick you they just want to know more about you because they like you ,think about it this way ,they want you to get in, otherwise they wouldn't have sent you an invitation right?:wink:

Show them what you got ,and express yourself ,dont sit their staring at his face ,shake his/her hand when you enter .
Talk about your work experience and what you learnt,try to stand out from the others.

You don't need to search it on google because they will explain everything about the uni ,city and placements :smile:

aww glad that helped
good luck
i'm sure you will do well

xxx

That is a great way to put it actually, i cant help but think that theyre just looking for reasons not to have me so they can narrow the number of applicants haha
yeah i kinda stress a little too much, i was talking to myself for most of the 3 hours i had to wait before going in for my first interview :blush:

Thats another thing, i havent had much work experience as of yet but ive got the first week of april in a hospital so im hoping that will be enough for them :s-smilie: id say im quite friendly and fun to talk to so hopefully theyl like that, i made them laugh at the first one hahaa :biggrin:

Oh ok thats quite good, it says i need to be there for 12:00 so would they have a talk thing before the actual interview then?

Youve been a fabulous help, cant tell you how much i appreciate it :P
thanks for the luck, il be needing it!

xxx
Reply 1265
got a conditional offer for Birmingham City University, first choice so I'm sooooo excited x
Original post by eva91
got a conditional offer for Birmingham City University, first choice so I'm sooooo excited x

Congratulations. When were you interviewed?
Original post by Nicolab2108
Had just had a conditional offer from Portsmouth after my interview yesterday. Need to maintain my current B grade in biology. Which means I may die a little inside if I find out I've done poorly in my exam this Thursday!

Me too!!!!!
Reply 1268
Original post by Eric Wirral
Congratulations. When were you interviewed?

10th feb x
Reply 1269
Original post by eva91

Congrats! I haven't heard anything yet though :s-smilie: I have a feeling a rejection is heading my way :frown: My mum died 3 weeks ago it would tear me apart if I don't get in. Hope I'll be seeing you there x
Original post by Yorkiemedicman
Me too!!!!!
Awesome! Congratulations :biggrin: is Portsmouth your only/top choice? Did you firm?
I wonder how many others that day got offers?
I am reaaaally stressing out about finding out my exam mark tomorrow :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1271
Original post by zoe1992
Congrats! I haven't heard anything yet though :s-smilie: I have a feeling a rejection is heading my way :frown: My mum died 3 weeks ago it would tear me apart if I don't get in. Hope I'll be seeing you there x

Well you top trump everyone in the stress stakes on here, fingers x'd you get some good news :wink:
Original post by cicifire
It's looking quite likely that i'll firm Teeside. Do you live local to it or are you going to be in the halls there?

Did you already have the qualifications to get unconditional? Mine was a conditional and all I have to do is pass my HEFC course I am on. Some of the unis required that I get a Distinction so in that sense the pressure is off a little bit if I do firm Teeside.

Yeah I already have a degree, graduated a couple of years ago. I live just under 2 hours away so will be moving up there! :smile: Not wanting to live in halls though, hoping to get a flat for myself. Are you local?
Anyone get an offer from Queen Margaret? :smile:
hey kids has anyone heard from Salford yet i think a couple of you had interviews last month???? ive got an offer I wanna meet me potential classmates :biggrin: xxxxx
Reply 1275
Got an interview at UWE for healthcare practice which leads on to Radiography! Had 5 rejections so really relieved.
Awesome! Congratulations :biggrin: is Portsmouth your only/top choice? Did you firm?
I wonder how many others that day got offers?
I am reaaaally stressing out about finding out my exam mark tomorrow :s-smilie:

Congratulations to you too!!! I was expecting not to hear anything for the 14 days that they said it would take! I've spoken to a friends wife at Portsmouth Uni, and she said the people who get/got offers the day after the interview are the ones who really impressed, and is who they want on course. That fits in why I waited 2 weeks to hear from Kingston Uni as I had an awful interview, but lucking still got a conditional offer. I'm not sure how many people will have got offers straight away, but I would have thought not many.
Yeah, I firmed Portsmouth last night, with Kingston my insurance choice. The reason I've chosen Portsmouth, is that I live 7 miles away in Fareham, and that I have family/child, so don't want to be too far away. If i mess up my Access to HE course, and don't get the merit/distinctions Portsmouth want, then I'll have to suck-it-up and plumb for Kingston.
Good luck with your exam results! Hope you get top marks
Reply 1277
Original post by zoe1992

zoe, it hasnt come up on my ucas yet. dont stress hunny, i just emailed a woman called bernadette peters and she told me it should be up within the next few days but told me i'd got in.

im really really sorry to hear about your mom.

im sure you will get in, and im really sorry if i panicked you!!!!!!!!

either email, or im sure ucas will get back today or tomorrow at the latestxxxxxxx

all the best
Reply 1278
Original post by eva91
zoe, it hasnt come up on my ucas yet. dont stress hunny, i just emailed a woman called bernadette peters and she told me it should be up within the next few days but told me i'd got in.

im really really sorry to hear about your mom.

im sure you will get in, and im really sorry if i panicked you!!!!!!!!

either email, or im sure ucas will get back today or tomorrow at the latestxxxxxxx

all the best

Ohhh I assumed it came up on your UCAS. Feel relieved now there is still hope. Really tempted to send an email myself now but the decision might be posted on UCAS before she replies anyway :s-smilie: Will let you know how I get on!
Reply 1279
You realise you've just quoted yourself, right? :wink:

So I have, oops wasn't meant to do that.
x

Latest