The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amandapsr
Still waiting to hear from Herts...

Well fingers crossed youll get an interview too.
It is my first choice and the only one to take so long :frown: i rang them up a couple of days ago and said they were behind in processing people.
Original post by Mel27x
yerp all declined before an interview :\ i was gutted tbh i wish id of been given a shot at at least one of them but nope :frown: hope u hear back from them soon xx

Well fingers crossed u get in through clearing. i didnt last year coz one of my grades were soooo bad that it was really unlikely that anyone would still accept me. so hopefully your grades are good enough to pull through :smile: x
Reply 1562
Original post by miss-pink09
Finally got an interview for herts!!!! =]

Hey, well done! I don't think they want me as I still haven't heard back-looks like I am going to have to spend a lot of time on improving my PS and apply next year.

When's your interview? X
Reply 1563
Original post by lara_uk
Hey, well done! I don't think they want me as I still haven't heard back-looks like I am going to have to spend a lot of time on improving my PS and apply next year.

When's your interview? X

have you had all no's too? i av hun its crap but im gnna work on my PS as well for nxt year if i dont get in through clearing xxx
Reply 1564
Original post by Mel27x
have you had all no's too? i av hun its crap but im gnna work on my PS as well for nxt year if i dont get in through clearing xxx

Hiya, no I have had interview's- just haven't heard back. Herts is the one that I really, really want-but don't think they want me lol as I haven't even had an interview :frown: I've got lots of experience aswell.

Try not to be disheartened, you can get your application in nice and early this year, that is what I plan to do if I get rejected x
Reply 1565
Is there anyone else waiting on an interview for Herts? X
Reply 1566
Original post by lara_uk
Hiya, no I have had interview's- just haven't heard back. Herts is the one that I really, really want-but don't think they want me lol as I haven't even had an interview :frown: I've got lots of experience aswell.

Try not to be disheartened, you can get your application in nice and early this year, that is what I plan to do if I get rejected x

yeh sounds a good plan doesnt it, i sent my app in november this year and did it through college and the infomation we was given for personal statements was totally off what the unis want, i feel abit cheated by my college as they didnt give me the right info for a strong PS. Where else have u had interviews? i dint even have one this year ive had a crap application experience haha! xx
Reply 1567
Just got an offer from Bradford after being on the reserve list, anyone else? :smile:
Reply 1568
Original post by vonny89
Just got an offer from Bradford after being on the reserve list, anyone else? :smile:

I did too never been so excited in my life :biggrin:
Reply 1569
Original post by loz09876
I did too never been so excited in my life :biggrin:

Woop well done, bet u are really happy:biggrin: x
Reply 1570
Original post by vonny89
Woop well done, bet u are really happy:biggrin: x

Yup same for you :smile: have you had any other offers x
Reply 1571
I NEEEED to go to uni this year! first day back at work today after 7 months off and I have now realised what gave me the motivation to go uni in the first place! thinkin im gnna be stuck at asda for life will lead to years of unhappiness....whereas being a radiographer = happy mel! ive just applied for Suffolk uni in the hope they accept me! has anyone else heard from them? xx
Reply 1572
Original post by loz09876
Yup same for you :smile: have you had any other offers x

Thanks :smile: yeah I've got offers from Liverpool, Cumbria and Bradford so far. Waiting for Salford to reply and Teesside for the MSc. Have you heard from Leeds yet? Are you going to firm soon? x
Reply 1573
could do with abit of advise please :smile: i have found this distance learning course online, by the looks of things i will be waiting a year for uni do you think it would be a good idea to complete this year course? its anatomy and physiology diploma ill add the link for anyone with any advise :smile: thank you x

http://shop.oxfordcollege.ac/level-3-diploma-courses-level-3-diploma-in-anatomy-physiology-p-339.html
Reply 1574
Original post by Mel27x
could do with abit of advise please :smile: i have found this distance learning course online, by the looks of things i will be waiting a year for uni do you think it would be a good idea to complete this year course? its anatomy and physiology diploma ill add the link for anyone with any advise :smile: thank you x

http://shop.oxfordcollege.ac/level-3-diploma-courses-level-3-diploma-in-anatomy-physiology-p-339.html

My friend did a NVQ level 4 A&P online course and it covered a lot of the anatomy stuff we did in the second year. So yeah, I'd go for it.
Is there 100 percent employment within radiography or are jobs at the moment hard to come by?
Reply 1576
If you are prepared to travel then there is a better chance of being employed x
Reply 1577
Original post by FXX
My friend did a NVQ level 4 A&P online course and it covered a lot of the anatomy stuff we did in the second year. So yeah, I'd go for it.

Yeey :smile: thank you i think im gonna go for it then im spending my year out doing something productive :smile: x
ahhhhhhh ive just firmed Liverpool and City as insurance! now im struggling on what accomodation to apply for!

but, im wondering, if something came up and i changed my mind, and got BBB, in Aug would i be able to decline liverpool (asking for BCC) and get a place at my insurance insteaD?
Original post by hello123450
ahhhhhhh ive just firmed Liverpool and City as insurance! now im struggling on what accomodation to apply for!

but, im wondering, if something came up and i changed my mind, and got BBB, in Aug would i be able to decline liverpool (asking for BCC) and get a place at my insurance insteaD?

aren't you usually meant to firm a uni offer with higher grades compared to the insurance? :confused:
so like, firm city and insure liverpool?

Latest