The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Prguitar
Got a conditional offer from UCS yesterday. Accepted straight away.

Anyone else got offer from UCS?

I got an offer from them in January or February. I quickly put it as my firm choice and Portsmouth as my second. I just think the hospitals are the best, Addenbrooks and Norwich are brilliant placement sites and Ipswich hospital are getting new equipment.
Are you local to the area? I live 20 minutes from the uni :colondollar: but it means I will get into less debt and I'll also get the support of my family and friends who aren't going away.
Original post by zoe1992
City South - it is apparently right next to the campus.

Oh right... looks a bit.. boring lol
I would love to see what it looks like inside!
Reply 1642
Anyone still waiting to hear from leeds am getting nervous now??
Reply 1643
Original post by BeckyBirdy
I got an offer from them in January or February. I quickly put it as my firm choice and Portsmouth as my second. I just think the hospitals are the best, Addenbrooks and Norwich are brilliant placement sites and Ipswich hospital are getting new equipment.
Are you local to the area? I live 20 minutes from the uni :colondollar: but it means I will get into less debt and I'll also get the support of my family and friends who aren't going away.

I'm going to UCS too :smile: well subject to getting the grades and passing CRB check
Reply 1644
Original post by darreng
I'm going to UCS too :smile: well subject to getting the grades and passing CRB check

i can't wait to find out what hospital i will be doing my placements. but all roads lead to UCS in september. see you there!!!!
Anyone firmed Liverpool?!
im a little confused about student finance/bursary situation.. i've not heard much back also about accomodation.. the website they lead me to doesnt work hahaa.
Reply 1646
Original post by miss-pink09

Oh right... looks a bit.. boring lol
I would love to see what it looks like inside!

Yeah I know from the photograph of the outside it doesn't look that exciting so also hoping the inside is nice. I was told that Oakmount and Westmount have recently been refurbished although wouldn't mind Calthorpe as it's a lot cheaper than the other 2. I got an email back from accommodation services saying I will get accommodation at City South so just waiting to see which halls I get allocated.
Original post by zoe1992
Yeah I know from the photograph of the outside it doesn't look that exciting so also hoping the inside is nice. I was told that Oakmount and Westmount have recently been refurbished although wouldn't mind Calthorpe as it's a lot cheaper than the other 2. I got an email back from accommodation services saying I will get accommodation at City South so just waiting to see which halls I get allocated.

Oh right okay. do you know why theres a difference in prices for those halls?
im not sure if bham will be my firm. waiting on hertfordshires responce. deciding between the two lol x
Reply 1648
Original post by miss-pink09
Oh right okay. do you know why theres a difference in prices for those halls?
im not sure if bham will be my firm. waiting on hertfordshires responce. deciding between the two lol x

Apparently Calthorpe is cheaper because it hasn't been refurbished like the other 2, although with Calthorpe you can get a large bedroom or a single bedroom, the large bedroom making the accommodation cost the same as Oakmount and Westmount.
Can anyone clear this up for me. I am still waiting for one more reply from a university, but my firm and insurance choices have replied. When can I 'reply' to these offers? do i have to wait until the last uni has replied? also, when can i start looking into accomodation, after i have firmed a place? thank youu x
Reply 1650
Original post by amandapsr
Me too, had this as my 1st choice, called admissions to get feed back, told I got 1 question wrong on the test about oncology and they felt I was not able to study at their level ???. Why invite me for an interview it would have been better for them to look at my 9 GCSE grades, mixture of B's and C's (predicted A,B,B at A level) and decline me in December rather than waiting all this time. Angry and disappointed. Furthermore I feel better transparency is needed regarding feedback.

yea i know m so upset they rejected me:frown:....m also predicted abb.....have u heard frm other uni.....
ps:when did u had ur interview for city
Original post by 12sophie
Can anyone clear this up for me. I am still waiting for one more reply from a university, but my firm and insurance choices have replied. When can I 'reply' to these offers? do i have to wait until the last uni has replied? also, when can i start looking into accomodation, after i have firmed a place? thank youu x

You can withdraw from the one that hasn't replied and then select your firm and insurance.

Once you have firmed a place the uni will contact you about accommodation, CRB and health checks. It might not be straight away because it depends on the uni so don't worry about it.
Original post by 12sophie

You can withdraw from your other choices and then reply to your chosen institutions, that's what I did.
Wooo Hoooo

just recived my offer from Salford University!!!

soo happy, cant wait to start, its been a long fretfull application process and im so glad its over.

anyone else joining me in september? would be nice to say hi.

xx

ps good luck to anyone still waiting to hear!!!
Reply 1654
Original post by JordanUK
Hello, not been active on here in a while, anyone else firming Cumbria- Carlisle campus?

Jordan

Hi, yes I have also firmed cumbria carlisle campus :smile: im actually just trying to apply for student finance and im clueless. Will info be sent to us about bursary automatically now we have firmed somewhere do you know?
Reply 1655
Original post by ThatsJustTooBad
Just firmed Cumbria- Fusehill street and insured Liverpool. Hope I have made the right choice :smile:

I have also firmed Fusehill, il be seeing you in sept :smile:
Original post by daisyw
Hi, yes I have also firmed cumbria carlisle campus :smile: im actually just trying to apply for student finance and im clueless. Will info be sent to us about bursary automatically now we have firmed somewhere do you know?

Woooo! I didn't think I would find anyone else, with it having the lowest intake of all the unis at one campus, did you go to the interview in early January (I think it was the 10th?), I didn't realise how well equipped the uni was, liverpool have 1 room for 50 studnets to share, carlisle has two rooms for just 27 people.do you live locally or will you be moving? I just live 25 miles off so ill most likly be commuting. Think now we have firmed somewhere they send us out the forms soon I thinki
Reply 1657
Original post by confectious
Wooo Hoooo

just recived my offer from Salford University!!!

soo happy, cant wait to start, its been a long fretfull application process and im so glad its over.

anyone else joining me in september? would be nice to say hi.

xx

ps good luck to anyone still waiting to hear!!!

Congratulations, Fingers crossed I get the grades and I will be joining you in September! Yay!:biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by exa12
yea i know m so upset they rejected me:frown:....m also predicted abb.....have u heard frm other uni.....
ps:when did u had ur interview for city

I have a conditional offer at Portsmouth and still waiting for Hertfordshire to reply......seems a long wait
Reply 1659
Original post by JordanUK
Woooo! I didn't think I would find anyone else, with it having the lowest intake of all the unis at one campus, did you go to the interview in early January (I think it was the 10th?), I didn't realise how well equipped the uni was, liverpool have 1 room for 50 studnets to share, carlisle has two rooms for just 27 people.do you live locally or will you be moving? I just live 25 miles off so ill most likly be commuting. Think now we have firmed somewhere they send us out the forms soon I thinki

My interview was the 28th of march, i got an offer a week later which i quickly firmed as they said we might have to wait till may to get offers.. they said at int there was only 24 spaces for fuse hill.. not many at all but i think its better... i live in northumberland so im going to live in accom but come home as often as i can because i have horses. Its about a 1hr35min drive.. I thought they would send stuff about bursary etc. student finace sent me a email saying its close to deadline for applying so i got a bit worried.

Latest