The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Kent University - Tyler Court A

I applied for Tyler Court B&C but unfortunately was offered A instead. I'm struggling to find any information whatsoever on it - does anyone know how it compares to B&C or the rest of the on-site accommodation overall? Thanks.
Reply 1
I'm the same, was offered Court A today. No idea what it's supposed to be like!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Tyler Court A is set out in corridors instead of flats like B and C. The rooms are slightly smaller than B and C, but they're en suite too and Tyler Court reception is located in Tyler A, so all the mail and takeaway/grocery deliveries go to the entrance of Tyler A. The kitchens are also a bit smaller than Tyler B and C, and you only have one cooker instead of two. In every room, you've got a single bed, desk, chair, three shelves and a bedside table.

However, because of the way it's set out, Tyler A is a lot more sociable as you're not segregated into flats. As you're essentially in one long corridor, with a key to get into the building and every corridor, you can visit anyone in Tyler A, and it has a strong community kind of feel. You'll find you end up friends not only with people in your section of the corridor, but also people further down and people on different floors too, and there are a LOT of kitchen parties.

Compared to other accommodation, it's a LOT nicer than Darwin, Eliot or Rutherford and was built in 1994 so it's not as old as some of the buildings on campus. The layout of the rooms look similar to the standard Woolf bedrooms:

The only differences are that instead of three small drawers under the desk, you have three large drawers, and instead of the desk stretching around to the bed and those small compartments, you have a standard bedside table. It's not as nice or as airy as Tyler B and C, or the Parkwood Flats, but you pay a substantial amount less than those and still get an en suite so it's worth it.

As you might be able to tell, I lived in Tyler A in my first year and loved it. :biggrin: If you've got any specific questions, feel free to ask.
Reply 3
Original post by cinnamon442
Tyler Court A is set out in corridors instead of flats like B and C. The rooms are slightly smaller than B and C, but they're en suite too and Tyler Court reception is located in Tyler A, so all the mail and takeaway/grocery deliveries go to the entrance of Tyler A. The kitchens are also a bit smaller than Tyler B and C, and you only have one cooker instead of two. In every room, you've got a single bed, desk, chair, three shelves and a bedside table.

However, because of the way it's set out, Tyler A is a lot more sociable as you're not segregated into flats. As you're essentially in one long corridor, with a key to get into the building and every corridor, you can visit anyone in Tyler A, and it has a strong community kind of feel. You'll find you end up friends not only with people in your section of the corridor, but also people further down and people on different floors too, and there are a LOT of kitchen parties.

Compared to other accommodation, it's a LOT nicer than Darwin, Eliot or Rutherford and was built in 1994 so it's not as old as some of the buildings on campus. The layout of the rooms look similar to the standard Woolf bedrooms:

The only differences are that instead of three small drawers under the desk, you have three large drawers, and instead of the desk stretching around to the bed and those small compartments, you have a standard bedside table. It's not as nice or as airy as Tyler B and C, or the Parkwood Flats, but you pay a substantial amount less than those and still get an en suite so it's worth it.

As you might be able to tell, I lived in Tyler A in my first year and loved it. :biggrin: If you've got any specific questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks for this! Really helped me! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hi I am looking to swap rooms with someone, Im currently in Parkwood Grimshill Court, Im looking for Turing, Keynes or Tyler Court A or B. Get back to me asap
Reply 5
hey guys if youre an undergrad that got placed in tyler court a, theres a groupchat on fb
Join my group on Messenger by visiting: https://m.me/join/Abascu3WjVnWWJtl
Reply 6
I also got a room in Tyler Court A, when I looked it up online it said that it was for postgraduates... are any other undergraduates staying at Tyler Court A?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending