The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

cardiff accommodation - talybont north

heey, i got allocated a room at talybont north today even though my first choice was taly south and i've just realised it's an ensuite - reduced which i'm really not happy with. i wanted a standard ensuite, i can't bear the thought of living in such a small room. is there any way i can change this? pleeease hellpp? D:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
"If you wish to reject this Offer please select the 'Reject' button at the bottom of this page. Please note, if you reject this Offer you will not be allocated an alternative room"

Talybont North isn't my first choice either but I'm getting used to it (especially cos it means I have some student loan left and I'm not minus money before I even start!)
I'd just stick with it tbh its gonna be worse trying to find accommodation privately and then you won't have the benefit of bills being included and network points and stuff
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
I am in Allensbank Halls but through the private sector...I am so worried i won't make many friends cus it isn't close to any other accommodation! I'd die to be in Taly! You will have a great time!
Just so you know, the Ensuite - Reduced option in Taly north really isn't that small.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkQHL_KH4kY is a helpful look around (in quite some detail)
Reply 4
Sent you a pm
Reply 5
Hey, I just got offered Talybont North with a reduced ensuite and I wasn't happy either. But judging from that video above, it seems tolerable. Just be thankful we didn't get the small ensuites which are cramped cubes! :smile:
Taly North Ground Floor flat 1 room 6 is me.
I'm in a SMALL room!! Think how I feel :frown: I have so many clothes, I'm really going to have to think long and hard about what I take as I simply will not be able to fit it in!
Reply 7
Original post by Serpensortia
Taly North Ground Floor flat 1 room 6 is me.
I'm in a SMALL room!! Think how I feel :frown: I have so many clothes, I'm really going to have to think long and hard about what I take as I simply will not be able to fit it in!

Oh, I feel for you. When did you apply for accommodation and how far up the list was the small room?
Original post by DeProfundis
Oh, I feel for you. When did you apply for accommodation and how far up the list was the small room?

Small room wasn't even on my list :frown:
If you can't find anything in Cardiff, try Caerphilly, Llanbradach & Ystrad Mynach-They're about 30-40 mins away by train, you'll probably find something there :smile:
Original post by Serpensortia
Small room wasn't even on my list :frown:

At least it's an ensuite? :smile:
Reply 11
Talybont North, House M, Ground Floor, Flat 2 anybody? :biggrin:
House P, second floor, flat 5 anyone? :smile:
Reply 13
I'm also in a reduced ensuite in Talybont North house F, it may be a bit smaller than what we're used to, but it's only for a year, and a lot of people who have been at Cardiff have told me that Talybont is definitely the place to be :smile:
Hi what are the reduced small small rooms like ?? Are they really bad?
Reply 15
I'm gonna be living in taly north next year as well! don't exactly know which flat but i have been offered a reduced ensuite. From what i've heard, and seen (some of my friends live there this year) its not that bad. the room it self can be a bit tiny but there are loads of storage compartements all over the room, so that means bringing loads of stuff/clothes shouldn't be a problem but they will have to be stored away instead of being just in front. :smile: and also, what course are you guys studying?
Reply 16
Original post by A_Ksn_971
I'm gonna be living in taly north next year as well! don't exactly know which flat but i have been offered a reduced ensuite. From what i've heard, and seen (some of my friends live there this year) its not that bad. the room it self can be a bit tiny but there are loads of storage compartements all over the room, so that means bringing loads of stuff/clothes shouldn't be a problem but they will have to be stored away instead of being just in front. :smile: and also, what course are you guys studying?

Talybont North is also my first option.
Diagnostic Radiography? Wbu?
Reply 17
I'm gonna be doing Integrated engineering. :smile: Radiography seems quite a complicated course imo! haha
Hey guys I think put University Hall first. Seems bigger. Although, they don't show the bathrooms. I don't want it to be tiny. Uni Hall or Liberty House seem somewhat bigger than others, so I was thinking they might have a bigger bathroom too. At least, one with a curtain or a glass door. In some rooms you get bathrooms with toilet, shower and sink literally next to each other. :frown:
Original post by JackHarkness
Hey guys I think put University Hall first. Seems bigger. Although, they don't show the bathrooms. I don't want it to be tiny. Uni Hall or Liberty House seem somewhat bigger than others, so I was thinking they might have a bigger bathroom too. At least, one with a curtain or a glass door. In some rooms you get bathrooms with toilet, shower and sink literally next to each other. :frown:

Tbh, I woudn't recommend living in university halls unless you are doing some medicine related degree where you will be based on the heath campus! True that they have bigger rooms, but university hall itself is literally in the middle of nowhere. the closest shops from there are about a 20 minutes walk! and it could take you upto 40 minutes to walk to lectures!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending