The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele Freshers Thread 2012

Hi :smile:
Just wondering who is applying to Keele 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Me! :smile: Do you know how much the tuition fees will be? And what are you looking to study!
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 2
Original post by alex_coleman
Me! :smile: Do you know how much the tuition fees will be? And what are you looking to study!

Its probably 9000! I'm applying for nursing :smile: and you?
Have you been to an open day :smile:?
Reply 3
I'm definitely applying next year too :smile: The lady at the open day last Sunday said that all of the courses (including Foundation Years) would be £9000 a year... I've actually fallen in love with Keele already and I already know it's my firm if I get an offer :smile:
Reply 4
I think all uni's are deciding to charge maximum aren't they? I certainly wouldn't want to go to a budget uni anyway.

I feel sorry for all next year students. You'll just have to work harder to make sure you can afford to pay of your debt.
Original post by LaEstrella

Original post by LaEstrella
Its probably 9000! I'm applying for nursing :smile: and you?
Have you been to an open day :smile:?

Haven't actually been to Keele as of yet but from what I've heard and the videos i've seen, i love the place!
Didn't think they'd charge the maximum tuition fee of £9000 to be honest! :|
Reply 6
Original post by alex_coleman
Haven't actually been to Keele as of yet but from what I've heard and the videos i've seen, i love the place!
Didn't think they'd charge the maximum tuition fee of £9000 to be honest! :|

I'm pretty sure they will. All uni's will try and get as much money as they can out of student finance. If they don't take the max amount then, although they'll get more students, but they'll have to find another way to plug the gap in their budget or reduce spending which is very difficult to do.

Tuition fee's are an easy way for uni's to get more cash, I doubt they'll turn it down.
I'll most certainly be applying, because the campus is so beautiful and the maths programme is perfect!
Reply 8
Original post by biain
I'm pretty sure they will. All uni's will try and get as much money as they can out of student finance. If they don't take the max amount then, although they'll get more students, but they'll have to find another way to plug the gap in their budget or reduce spending which is very difficult to do.

Tuition fee's are an easy way for uni's to get more cash, I doubt they'll turn it down.

Keele are definitely charging 9K fees.

Also, I haven't actually seen all of Keele's campus (I'm starting there in September) but based on videos I have seen on their website it is HUGE.
I read on Wikipedia that the main campus of Keele University is the biggest of any campus in the UK.
Reply 9
Keele is a beautiful uni :smile: good luck!
Reply 10
Original post by Samus2
Keele is a beautiful uni :smile: good luck!

Indeed it is (based off what I have seen of it).
Reply 11
Original post by RobboKris
Keele are definitely charging 9K fees.

Also, I haven't actually seen all of Keele's campus (I'm starting there in September) but based on videos I have seen on their website it is HUGE.
I read on Wikipedia that the main campus of Keele University is the biggest of any campus in the UK.

Yea, went their on an open day, didn't even see half of it. Apparently there's a huge estate at the back that has a mansion and a woodland. Looking on google maps, you can see how big it is.

The university is bigger then the town itself.
Reply 12
Original post by biain
Yea, went their on an open day, didn't even see half of it. Apparently there's a huge estate at the back that has a mansion and a woodland. Looking on google maps, you can see how big it is.

The university is bigger then the town itself.

Whilst I haven't seen it in person myself yet I know that there is also a lake, and yes there is a huge estate.
Im applying :wink: ... Have already got my A-Levels taking a year out to earn some cash and the hopefully going to Keele in 2012.

Good luck everyone :smile:
im thinking of applying to keele for 2012 entry. Anyone know what the llb law course is like? in terms of reputation, teaching, and employability prospects?

Actually, where is law taught? I've not seen a picture of the law school on the net before.
^ oh right, thanks. Keele will probably be my insurance. It seems to be in the lower 30's according to the complete university guide, but overall seems like a decent law school. Plus, the campus is just soo pretty.
Reply 16
anyone applying to medicine? :smile:
...and/or attending open day on oct 15th?
no offence intended but from personal exp keele is far from a beautiful uni. i hated it. so depressed rubbish accomodatoion and let me tell you the SU bar well something off hollyoaks chavy town is probably better than that scum i saw in there. was worried id caught an infection from taking a much needed piss.
I'm applying either for Accounting & Finance or Accounting and Philosophy, I haven't decided yet :smile: but if I get an offer, it's certainly going to be my firm!
doesnt explain the grungy SU toilets and entrance how anyone can eat there is beyond me urgh urgh urgh that secutiry guard freaked me out too. yeah i get u can make any place nice but to an outsiders first impression wasnt good. Yuck soz

Quick Reply

Latest