Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Keele Freshers Thread 2012

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
Interview Discussion 30-01-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenlogic18)
    Hey I've yet to visit but on paper I love Keele and they've given me an offer I think I can meet easily so I think they're going to be my firm choice now this may be an odd question but... what's the arboretum like? :P
    Keele is really nice, I didnt visit until quite late but when I did I just set my heart on it even more! Much as I'd love to answer your question, Im not gonna lie... got no idea what an arboretum is sorry... explain?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmaharvs)
    Keele is really nice, I didnt visit until quite late but when I did I just set my heart on it even more! Much as I'd love to answer your question, Im not gonna lie... got no idea what an arboretum is sorry... explain?
    haha well on the website it mentioned it had an arboretum, basically a collection of tree and plant species or a botanical garden type thing I hadn't noticed such a thing with other universities and thought it was really cool and unique
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'll be honest, I havent noticed any special trees or anything but it might be up near the science buildings and that. There definitely are a lots of trees, its a gorgeous campus as you'll see if you visit. Literally the view from my window (Im in horwood halls) is like trees And theres lots of squirrels, everyone jokes about the number of squirrels but genuinely theres loads Sorry I couldnt help much
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to do Biology at Keele with a minor in forensic science (haven't referenced it at all in my personal statement though, caught me a bit offguard with having to choose a minor so quickly)
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a squirrel hoodie :awesome:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hellooo I've applied at Keele for Human Biology and Chemistry
    • 33 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katherine_b)
    Got a conditional offer for Biomedical sciences at Keele-Yay! Has anyone else?
    me too!! BBC?! i was kinda shocked cos my personal statement was completely geared towards medicine and the other people who genuinely want to do biomed prob haven't even sent out their applications but they're already giving out places...ah well, not complaining
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey do you know guys if keele sends acknowledgement emails? haven't got one in 10 days...
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LauraMial)
    hey do you know guys if keele sends acknowledgement emails? haven't got one in 10 days...
    I've got an offer, BBC for Chemistry, and I never got an acknowledgement
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephie.u3)
    me too!! BBC?! i was kinda shocked cos my personal statement was completely geared towards medicine and the other people who genuinely want to do biomed prob haven't even sent out their applications but they're already giving out places...ah well, not complaining
    yeah BBC. Quite a nice offer tbh! Thats like me, i've applied to medicine as well, my personal statement really was completely irrelevant! But yeah, i guess it didn't matter!
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Keele :love:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LGrosvenor101)
    I've got an offer, BBC for Chemistry, and I never got an acknowledgement
    oh well thanks i'm a bit relieved how long did it take to get the offer?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've got an offer of BBC for neuroscience and music technology (dual honours). I'm pretty happy with this as Keele is the only uni that does this course I did like most of what I saw on the open day, but I thought some of the buildings looked a bit scruffy, maybe I was just looking in the wrong places? didn't really help that I got lost haha. What do future employers think of Keele graduates? I could probably gotten into more "prestigious" universities like my mum wanted me to so people would be like "ahh she goes to cambridge, we'll employ her" but I thought, I may as well do a course I really enjoy as I'll be spending quite a bit of my life there
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Physical Geography. Both the 3 year course, and the foundation course.

I think a TSR meet up would be in order for those who get into Keele.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chopsticks)
    I've got an offer of BBC for neuroscience and music technology (dual honours). I'm pretty happy with this as Keele is the only uni that does this course I did like most of what I saw on the open day, but I thought some of the buildings looked a bit scruffy, maybe I was just looking in the wrong places? didn't really help that I got lost haha. What do future employers think of Keele graduates? I could probably gotten into more "prestigious" universities like my mum wanted me to so people would be like "ahh she goes to cambridge, we'll employ her" but I thought, I may as well do a course I really enjoy as I'll be spending quite a bit of my life there
    Prestige is good but ultimately it should be about doing a course you can enjoy and be motivated to do for 3 years that's priority for me and why I'm looking at Keele being my firm.

I got an offer last week for a Pass in my diploma (and it's not exactly hard :P) so I hope I'll be at Keele next year!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenlogic18)
    Prestige is good but ultimately it should be about doing a course you can enjoy and be motivated to do for 3 years that's priority for me and why I'm looking at Keele being my firm.

I got an offer last week for a Pass in my diploma (and it's not exactly hard :P) so I hope I'll be at Keele next year!
    yeah that's what i thought too at least if i make my own decisions it'll be my own fault if stuff goes wrong! might see you there next year then
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just want to say well done to everyone that has got an offer & good luck to anyone who is applying! My UCAS application has just been sent
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stokiealex)
    Thanks Yep its my first choice, so it'll be my firm offer. And I've also recieved an offer from Chester, which will probably be my insurance. I'm just waiting on Aberystwyth, Cardiff and Leicester. Have you applied to any others?
    did u get any acknowledgement email from keele before u got the offer? mm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    eee! Got my Keele offer for Law! Who else has!?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for maths at Leeds Uni, Queen Mary London, Essex Uni, UEA and here. I've got 3 offers, the other not being Leeds, but Keele has yet to acknowledge my application. I sent it on 21st Oct and had acknowledges from the other 4 before Nov.
    Is anyone else experiencing this?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 1, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources

Articles:

Keele University Guide

Quick Link:

Unanswered Keele University Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.