Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Keele Freshers Thread 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by katherine_b

Got a conditional offer for Biomedical sciences at Keele-Yay! Has anyone else?

Hey :smile: yes I got a conditional offer for Biomedical Science to :biggrin: what was your offer? You making Keele your firm/insurance?
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Reply 141
Original post by stephie.u3

me too!! BBC?! i was kinda shocked cos my personal statement was completely geared towards medicine and the other people who genuinely want to do biomed prob haven't even sent out their applications but they're already giving out places...ah well, not complaining :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hello :smile: well done on your offer for Biomed :biggrin: I got an offer for biomed at keele to, BBC, was quite surprised :') are you going for medicine though? I'm just going for biomed and hoping for the best I get in haha might make Keele my insurance
Reply 142
Original post by LouiseRebecca

I just sent off my UCAS today and am applying for Biomedical Sciences.
My predicted grades are BBC, but I am only expecting a CCC..
Do you think they would still accept me if I ended up only getting CCC? I heard they are extremely lenient when it comes to accepting people..

Hey :smile: yes I'm applying for biomedical science at Keele to, got an offer yesterday of BBC so you should be made an offer with your predicted grades :smile: my AS grades were brilliant either but have another offer from Reading for biomed so they must look at the whole application. I wouldn't worry too much about the grades at the moment, where else have you applied? Depending on my offers/rejections Keele might be my insurance
Original post by fleetwood
Hello :smile: well done on your offer for Biomed :biggrin: I got an offer for biomed at keele to, BBC, was quite surprised :') are you going for medicine though? I'm just going for biomed and hoping for the best I get in haha might make Keele my insurance

well doneee:h: yeaa i'm going for med but biomed at keele was my back up just in cas ei dont get any offers for med or if i dont get AAA
Thanks for all your replies guys:smile:.
I have applied for Biomed at :
Keele (BBC)
Staffs (BCC)
Coventry (CCC)
Lincoln (CCC)
Unlike all of you, keele is my top choice : P. Sadly, I couldn't find any other BCC universities that accept Geography as the B.
But I was only told Five minutes before sending off my application they'd allowed me to change my Biology to a B 9After begging so I could get into Keele..) Though, now a B in biology is looking very likely. Quite annoying!.
Just got an Offer from Cov today (CCC)
Politics with Economics anyone? :smile:
Reply 146
Thanks for all your replies guys:smile:.
I have applied for Biomed at :
Keele (BBC)
Staffs (BCC)
Coventry (CCC)
Lincoln (CCC)
Unlike all of you, keele is my top choice : P. Sadly, I couldn't find any other BCC universities that accept Geography as the B.
But I was only told Five minutes before sending off my application they'd allowed me to change my Biology to a B 9After begging so I could get into Keele..) Though, now a B in biology is looking very likely. Quite annoying!.
Just got an Offer from Cov today (CCC)

I was offered a BBC for physics and maths at keele university. I got a BCE and still got accepted as my first choice. I however, was incredibly lucky. Don't make the mistake of putting two high risk uni's as your top choices. My friend did that and he ended up going through clearing and failed to get in any uni.

Keele is a great uni to come too and best of luck in getting in.
Original post by fleetwood
Hey :smile: yes I got a conditional offer for Biomedical Science to :biggrin: what was your offer? You making Keele your firm/insurance?

Well done! My offer was BBC to include Biology or Chemistry at grade B. Not sure yet, it was my last choice really, but seeing as its my lowest offer and all my other choices would require me to get at least a B in Chemistry, and I could get a C for Keele, it might be my insurance, we shall see! What about you?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 148

well doneee:h: yeaa i'm going for med but biomed at keele was my back up just in cas ei dont get any offers for med or if i dont get AAA

Thankyou :smile: ahh excellent, I'm sure you'll make it to medicine
Reply 149

Well done! My offer was BBC to include Biology or Chemistry at grade B. Not sure yet, it was my last choice really, but seeing as its my lowest offer and all my other choices would require me to get at least a B in Chemistry, and I could get a C for Keele, it might be my insurance, we shall see! What about you?

Thankyou :smile: yes my offer was also BBC and was also originally my bottom choice but I'm making it my insurance as it's a safe option and I wouldn't mind going there :P Leeds or Lancaster will be my firm :biggrin: good luck with your application and hope you get into the uni you want to
Reply 150
Just got an offer, BBB for English and Neuroscience :smile: First offer, yayy. I haven't visited though, what are people's thoughts who have? It's sort of my backup, depending on what other offers I get...
Not that I'm biased...but it's lovely :love:
Reply 152
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
Not that I'm biased...but it's lovely :love:

I've only heard lovely things :smile: What course are you taking?
Original post by braiiins
I've only heard lovely things :smile: What course are you taking?

I'm doing a masters in counselling :smile:

I'm attaching a pic of one of my hoodies :love:
Reply 154
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
I'm doing a masters in counselling :smile:

I'm attaching a pic of one of my hoodies :love:

Aaaaah I have heard about the squirrels... We don't have any where I live, so they may sway me towards Keele quite a bit... :smile:
Reply 155

Congrats :biggrin: I'm in exactly the same position, :biggrin: but I'm not even sure that I even want to go to Keele.....I'll be devastated if I don't get in for Medicine :frown:...But at least I'm not the only one :smile:
Applied for Biochemistry.... they want me to decide on a minor - havnt decided on one yet - so need to get that sorted asap :P
Reply 157
Hey, I'm applying to keele this year and I was wondering, bacause it is so rural is there any real social life? Pretty important part of university, for me anyway! :smile:
Reply 158
Original post by KateR94
Hey, I'm applying to keele this year and I was wondering, bacause it is so rural is there any real social life? Pretty important part of university, for me anyway! :smile:

Yeah, its a pretty decent social life. The main nights at the Student Union are Wednesday's and Friday's. Apart from that, Hanley (the main town in Stoke on Trent) has student nights on Monday's which are good and last night (Wed 18) was Carnage there. Apart from that, there's always things to do in your accommodation, whether that be halls or off campus.

But you won't be missing out just because its quite rural :smile:
Reply 159
Offer today for politics woo!

Quick Reply

Latest