The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wucker
Many people wish that to be the case, yes.

Its ironic you would mention it, though, because, funnily enough, a state called "Palestine" has never actually existed, while a state called Israel does exist.

Sorry about that, I guess.

Moses and his followers were commanded to attack phillistines .It's in the history books ffs.
Original post by Wucker
Do Arabs have more rights in Israel or in the countries that you listed?

Even if you dislike Israel's policies towards the West Bank, please be honest in your answer.

I am honest. They are fair so obviously they would be treated like royalty -.- .Fourth richest guy in UAE is a Palestinian man
Original post by Arsenal4lif
Moses and his followers were commanded to attack phillistines .It's in the history books ffs.

I stand by my statement. I am not a Christian, or a Jew, or a Muslim, so I view "Biblical" history as somewhat suspect. In addition, assuming a people known as the "phillistines" did exist, it still does not mean a state called Palestine existed.

I am honest. They are fair so obviously they would be treated like royalty -.- .Fourth richest guy in UAE is a Palestinian man

Oh, I see, so they are allowed to vote? Can they speak their mind freely? Are they allowed to buy alcohol? Can they be openly gay?
Original post by Wucker
I stand by my statement. I am not a Christian, or a Jew, or a Muslim, so I view "Biblical" history as somewhat suspect. In addition, assuming a people known as the "phillistines" did exist, it still does not mean a state called Palestine existed.

Well there was never originally a state called Israel. There were many tribes living there and according to OT Israelite were commanded by God to invade Palestine and King David became the first king of a unified Israel and he subsequently made it his homeland. But then other emperors from Iraq also have conquered this piece of land later on so a lot of people can claim Israel to be their land.

Oh, I see, so they are allowed to vote? Can they speak their mind freely? Are they allowed to buy alcohol? Can they be openly gay?

All Levant Arab nations and GCC countries are monarchies ..Not even nationals can vote.. Yes they can buy alcohol except Saudi Arabia where no one can. You don't know Palestinians ! They are hard working as ****. They all become directors or real estate magnets in just a few decades.
(edited 12 years ago)
il tell u why cos they have robbed the palestininans of their land by claiming it as theirs, it was always palestine israel isnt recognised by muslims such as myself and many others not muslim, now they are killing innocent muslims who r tryna defend their land and property i swear by god their is no peace until the land is given back and justice is done dis goes out to all zionist jews and haters of palestinians al quds-jerusalem always belonged to the muslims it is centre of the aqsa mosque jews never ocupied this territory not in the history books not never have a read of history back before the conflict dat is goin on today if any1 is objecting me.
they will fight to the death for their rights and for the religion dat is islam period
What bull****. So you are basically saying that any form of expression against Israel is illegitimate in western world? All these traits are also found in PAKISTAN where despite so much killings a vibrant media,judiciary and film industry exists but no it never gets mentioned because it doesn't represent Western civilization.

Israel is a prosperous, democratic state and also happens to be a global centre of information technology.

Pakistan is, to be blunt, a two-faced, terrorist-ridden hellhole.

I'd happily live in Israel over any of the Islamic ****holes that border it.
In liberal societies like UAE and Qatar yes you can just like people living in Tel Aviv can.

But in a country like Saudi Arabia nope just like among ultra-orthodox Jews you cannot.
Original post by jimmylovestoshimmy
Not everyone hates Israel, just a select few indiviudals, just like a few people from Israel will dislike the UK. Everyone's to their own taste.

this my friend is a big lie every1 who is muslim which represents the majority of the world as islam is the biggest religion or second after christianity in terms of followers worldwide dats a lot of people mate hate them wiv all their guts and a lot of people who arent support the palestininan cause.
Original post by Wucker

Its ironic you would mention it, though, because, funnily enough, a state called "Palestine" has never actually existed, while a state called Israel does exist.

no your wrong mate look at history before israel it was palestine and muslims recognise not israel al quds-jerusalem belongs to us muslims get your facts right before posting
Original post by a.hussainizzle
no your wrong mate look at history before israel it was palestine and muslims recognise not israel al quds-jerusalem belongs to us muslims get your facts right before posting

Palestine is and was a region in the Middle East. Before Israel controlled it, the British controlled it, before that the Ottomans controlled it, before that various Caliphates controlled it, before that the Byzantines controlled it, before that the Romans controlled it, before that the Greeks controlled it, before that the Persians controlled it and so on and so forth. Palestine is a region and Palestinian is a term used to designate Arabs from that region.

It honestly bemuses me that you would try to pretend any of this isn't fact.
Reply 30
Why?

Terrorism
America
Israel
Genocide
Illegal
Well there was never originally a state called Israel. There were many tribes living there and according to OT Israelite were commanded by God to invade Palestine and King David became the first king of a unified Israel and he subsequently made it his homeland. But then other emperors from Iraq also have conquered this piece of land later on so a lot of people can claim Israel to be their land.

All Levant Arab nations and GCC countries are monarchies ..Not even nationals can vote.. Yes they can buy alcohol except Saudi Arabia where no one can. You don't know Palestinians ! They are hard working as ****. They all become directors or real estate magnets in just a few decades.

This is true, hence why I say that there now exists a state of Israel, whilst there has never existed a state of Palestine. This was ironic in relation to the post that I was responding to.

In other words, they have less rights in Arab countries than in Israel. Thank you. Nobody is doubting that they work hard, but that is irrelevant to the issue.

il tell u why cos they have robbed the palestininans of their land by claiming it as theirs, it was always palestine israel isnt recognised by muslims such as myself and many others not muslim, now they are killing innocent muslims who r tryna defend their land and property i swear by god their is no peace until the land is given back and justice is done dis goes out to all zionist jews and haters of palestinians al quds-jerusalem always belonged to the muslims it is centre of the aqsa mosque jews never ocupied this territory not in the history books not never have a read of history back before the conflict dat is goin on today if any1 is objecting me.
they will fight to the death for their rights and for the religion dat is islam period

The level of ignorance in this post just astounds me.

In liberal societies like UAE and Qatar yes you can just like people living in Tel Aviv can.

But in a country like Saudi Arabia nope just like among ultra-orthodox Jews you cannot.

The UAE and Qatar are dictatorships and I find it funny you would even attempt to compare their openness (which is better relative only to other Arab countries) to that of Israel.

this my friend is a big lie every1 who is muslim which represents the majority of the world as islam is the biggest religion or second after christianity in terms of followers worldwide dats a lot of people mate hate them wiv all their guts and a lot of people who arent support the palestininan cause.

What?
too long, didnt read
Original post by gobbler
Why?

Terrorism
America
Israel
Genocide
Illegal

Israel is the victim of terrorism, not the perpetrator. Just because you disagree with the proportionality of their responses to terrorist attacks does not make them terrorists.

You hate Israel because it is allied to the United States? So I assume you hate most all of Europe, Australia, Japan, South Korea, and New Zealand? Damn.

Don't understand what you are trying to say here.

Around 8,000 Palestinians have died since the end of the 1967 war along with a couple thousand Israelis (http://www.munog.de/neu/drupal-7.2/misc/texts/ECOSOC_T3.pdf). At the same time, the Palestinian population has tripled. That's hardly genocide, is it?

The occupation of the Gaza Strip and the West Bank is illegal, just as it was illegal when Egypt and Jordan occupied them. Israel has repeatedly made generous peace offers meant to resolve the issue only to have them refused.

Just listing these buzzwords is kind of a meaningless attack on Israel, I mean, you could at least try to substantiate.
Reply 34
Original post by Wucker

What are you talking about, even according to Israelis, it didn't exist before 1948, they country always belonged to palestinian people! After world war 2, britain moved all the Israelis in Europe there as they claimed it was their holy land and they decided to take over. Fair enough, but the land is holy to Palestinian muslims too and they were there first, this isn't rocket science, figure it out.. Plus in what way is what they are doing to the people of Gaza acceptable?! Are you saying you condone it?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by David_Skiller
too long, didnt read

That's fair. I mean, I use some big words too, and my thesis is somewhat nuanced and original, so it probably would have been hard to understand.

Next time I will try to shorten and simplify it for those who need it.
Original post by Wucker
This is true, hence why I say that there now exists a state of Israel, whilst there has never existed a state of Palestine. This was ironic in relation to the post that I was responding to.

In other words, they have less rights in Arab countries than in Israel. Thank you. Nobody is doubting that they work hard, but that is irrelevant to the post

The UAE and Qatar are dictatorships and I find it funny you would even attempt to compare their openness (which is better relative only to other Arab countries) to that of Israel.

Lets assume that when we write Palestinians we mean Arab Muslims .
Tell me how many centuries were Jews in control of this land? How many centuries did Arab Muslims had this piece of land as their territory?

Less right? They are more happy than their Arab counter parts in Israel.. THEY ARE NEVER PERSECUTED AND MOST OF THEM ARE ENJOYING THE FINEST LUXURIES OF LIFE THAT PETRO-DOLLARS CAN AFFORD.
Reply 37
I'm an Arab, I hate the Israel government, but I don't have any problem with it's people. I believe in every country you have bad and good people, so I just can't hate all of them because of what their government is doing against Gaza, I'm 100% sure that most of Israel people's aren't happy about what's the government is doing.

Their will be many Arabs which may disagree with me .. Some people just think wrong ! .. " OMG you have a friends from Israel .. your BAD"
Some people actually think like that. Talking on my side, I don't mind having a friend from Israel, nationally doesn't even mean anything for me.
If that friend is from India, UK, Iraq, Israel .. I'm being a friend because of that person him/her self not being friends with their government.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by h-star
What are you talking about, even according to Israelis, it didn't exist before 1948, they country always belonged to palestinian people! After world war 2, britain moved all the Israelis in Europe there as they claimed it was their holy land and they decided to talk over. Fair enough, but the land is holy to Palestinian muslims too and they were there first, this isn't rocket science, figure it out.. Plus in what way is what they are doing to the people of Gaza acceptable?! Are you saying you condone it?

It depresses me that they don't teach you this stuff in school. You misunderstand some pretty basic facts, but I will try and help you out.

I realize that Israel has not always existed, but the state of Palestine has never existed and "Palestinian", as of right now, is not a nationality but a regional designation for the Arabs of Palestine.

Jews have been present in Israel since the 1880's. They moved there legally in the hundreds of thousands first under the Ottoman Empire and then under the British Mandate. After the Second World War, hundreds of thousands more came. The British actually tried to stop them, and forced many into concentration camps on the island of Cyprus. It is deeply insulting for you to insinuate that the European Jews, victims of the Holocaust, did not attempt to reach Israel of their own volition and instead were simply pawns of the British.

If you want to be completely accurate, the Jews, who founded Jerusalem, were there first. In fact, small pockets of them never left. The point isn't whether the land is holy or not, but how to best find a way for both Jews and Palestinians to live peacefully together. That doesn't involve kicking the Jews out.

The people of Gaza are doing it to themselves. They were given a chance in 2005 to self-govern after Israel painfully removed all its settlers and withdrew completely from the Gaza Strip. The Gazans responded by electing a terrorist organization to the government which was systematically attacking Israeli people. How do you expect a nation to respond to that?
Lets assume that when we write Palestinians we mean Arab Muslims .
Tell me how many centuries were Jews in control of this land? How many centuries did Arab Muslims had this piece of land as their territory?

Less right? They are more happy than their Arab counter parts in Israel.. THEY ARE NEVER PERSECUTED AND MOST OF THEM ARE ENJOYING THE FINEST LUXURIES OF LIFE THAT PETRO-DOLLARS CAN AFFORD.

Arab Muslims have not controlled Palestine for nearly a thousand years. It was controlled by the British and before them the Ottomans. Jews moved to Palestine legally, bought land legally, and declared a state legally. These are facts that cannot be disputed.

It is saddening that you cannot understand the difference between political rights and economic prosperity.

Original post by Abady.f
I'm an Arab, I hate the Israel government, but I don't have any problem with it's people. I believe in every country you have bad and good people, so I just can't hate all of them because of what their government is doing against Gaza, I'm 100% sure that most of Israel people's aren't happy about what's the government is doing.

Read my above post, the people of Gaza brought it upon themselves.

Latest

Trending

Trending