The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

for queston 8 (i think) where you had to simplify it at the end, i had one part of it that was fraction (i cant remember anything these days) so i jsut multiplied out the equation (i think it was something over 5 so i multiplied all the others by 5) and it looked a little neater I guess.

I forgot to add 10 to my 16 so i will have lsot a mark there. I missed out a lot of middle questions, where i was going like "OMG B is too hard lets move on.." and doing D) instead of C)! how stupid.

whoever it was asking about where you write answer; i wouldnt worry about it, as long as its inside the page square lines it'll be seen by an examiner. I nearly did that myself so you wont be the only one.

Was it just me or did some questions have way way way too many pages allocated to them, i think it was 8 again that i like finished on the first page but it had another two blank pages for working. i was like i must have missed something!!!
Uplift
Reply 61
Kunster1337
thaats correct, i got k<2 Root 3

Damn I left it was &#8730;12. And even worse, i got k is equal to or less than &#8730;12. Is that 2 marks lost for that?
Reply 62
I was really really happy with it, though of course, I've subsequently heard other people's answers and realised my mistakes...ah well...!!!

It was a nice paper I thought (this EdExcel I'm talking about) espcially those high mark questions which were quite generous, though I'm not sure what was going on with the question when it asked us to simplify at the very end...I couldn't see how too!
Reply 63
Damn I left it was &#8730;12. And even worse, i got k is equal to or less than &#8730;12. Is that 2 marks lost for that?

sqrt12 is 2sqrt3 :wink:.

for queston 8 (i think) where you had to simplify it at the end, i had one part of it that was fraction (i cant remember anything these days) so i jsut multiplied out the equation (i think it was something over 5 so i multiplied all the others by 5) and it looked a little neater I guess.

You mean 2y = blah
Can you do that, don't you need it in the form y = blah ?
Reply 64
Anyone got mark scheme from teachers or anything yet?

If you have please share ; D
Reply 65
hmm...i thought it was pretty easy..
but i dont remember what i did to simplify the integration question :biggrin:
Reply 66
everyone found it easy so A mark is going to be high
Very, very pleased - got 99/100!! :smile: :smile: :smile:
Reply 68
nice..
i got 92/100 i was expecting 80ish
Reply 69
Im pretty pleased.
100/100 for c1.
but only 88/100 for d1.
Reply 70
99 :smile:
If anyone wants to look through the January 2006 C1 answers, there now online at www.examsolutions.co.uk for free
Reply 72
100 :smile:

Latest