The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical School Applicants 2012 :)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
54/60..is it worth applying? I think I'm just gonna go for it anyways. (Y)
Reply 181
kinda too soon...but I got ''28'' out of 30 for the GCSE requirements...what do u think? :s-smilie: considering two of the GCSEs i had obtained were equivalent of two A*s would they count or...?

thanks. :smile:
Applied here. Form was sent off yesterday morning.

When can I expect the confirmation letter?
Reply 183
Original post by chats4england
Applied here. Form was sent off yesterday morning.

When can I expect the confirmation letter?

Should only be a few days - I sent mine off on the 4th, and got the confirmation on the 7th. So notlong - but maybe slightly longer because they'll have loads coming in over this weekend :smile:
I got an email acknowledging my application today..it actually didn't feel real until I got that email :redface:

When do they normally start sending interview invites?
Reply 185
Original post by dull
kinda too soon...but I got ''28'' out of 30 for the GCSE requirements...what do u think? :s-smilie: considering two of the GCSEs i had obtained were equivalent of two A*s would they count or...?

thanks. :smile:

I was wondering that too as I have a double award for applied IT (two A*). Do you think they count that as the same as two separate subjects at A* ? Hope they do!:confused:
Have applied here too - just waiting for school to send the whole thing off with reference attached. Seems to have been hanging around for ages:frown:
Reply 186
Original post by as_94
No, it's in italics because that's the one you voted for :tongue:

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhh. Duh. That's me failed already! Thank you for pointing it out to me. Will go and lie down in a darkened room now:redface:
I applied here and got a confirmation letter that they received my application letter.

..btw I'm an international applicant. And with their new interview system, I guess it would be hard for me do an online interview on Skype right? or is there any chance for that?
Reply 188
Original post by histephenson007
I applied here and got a confirmation letter that they received my application letter.

..btw I'm an international applicant. And with their new interview system, I guess it would be hard for me do an online interview on Skype right? or is there any chance for that?

Pretty impossible to do the mini interview on skype I would guess. May involve anything as far as I can see, maybe building a Jenga wall or something, and that would be damn difficult from another part of the world!:confused:
Reply 189
Original post by fuzzycat
Pretty impossible to do the mini interview on skype I would guess. May involve anything as far as I can see, maybe building a Jenga wall or something, and that would be damn difficult from another part of the world!:confused:

Yeahh this. And that there is definitely one written part, so I don't know how you'd do that.
Aye.. so I guess I'd better just go to UK for at least Leicester cuz its my top choice!!
hi guys i am an international applicant and i would like to ask a question asked by many other forum mates: am i at good chance for interview?

score: 59/60. average personal statement.
A levels 5A*

and when will the interviews for international applicants be held? thanks !

how well international applicants do on this forum? :smile:
Reply 192
Original post by dragon_knight

hi guys i am an international applicant and i would like to ask a question asked by many other forum mates: am i at good chance for interview?

A levels 5A*

Hey!!! I too am international student.....where r u from????

A levels 5A*

You're doing very well! U should be proud!
i'm an International applicant to..

my score should be 56
Original post by Mohitraje
Hey!!! I too am international student.....where r u from????

hi there! i'm from hong kong and u?
Original post by histephenson007
You're doing very well! U should be proud!
i'm an International applicant to..

my score should be 56

yo hi! 56 is not bad, you can also gain marks from PS and reference. btw where are u from?
yo hi! 56 is not bad, you can also gain marks from PS and reference. btw where are u from?

I'm from India.. btw may I know if you're applying to hku?
cuz I'm applying there too... actually my first choice:wink:
Reply 197
I score 48/60... I have no chance in hell!
Reply 198
applied here :biggrin:

was the first uni i saw, and i loved it!
Original post by laurie:)
applied here :biggrin:

was the first uni i saw, and i loved it!

I have applied here too :biggrin:
but i havent seen it yet...lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending