The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical School Applicants 2012 :)

Scroll to see replies

when do people interviewed on the 27th find out their result?
Original post by Tan Theta

I think they're only sending out offers once they've interviewed everyone. Its only Graduates (and possibly international??) that they've sent offers out for so far I think...! I just wish they'd let me know...
Reply 1162
Original post by Tan Theta

yep its only until all interviews are finished which could be late march judging by the medicine applicants stalking page on here! just wish they'd be a bit quicker...
How did everyone's interviews go?
Reply 1164
Original post by jamil78613
How did everyone's interviews go?

I can't really tell! There was one station that was by far the most difficult and I think everyone in my group agreed. It was a new experience - never had anything like it before. How about yours?
One of my friends has gotten an offer and I know of another (dragon_knight) that has been rejected. Other than that, nothing much. And we are all internationals interviewed on the 30th of January :smile:

Perhaps they give out offers according to some certain score... Like from the highest to lowest? So the real high scores may hear from them first because they are sort of a 'confirmed' offer. Besides that, I'm sure the rest of us will hear soon and since all decisions must be made by end of March, those whose interviews are near the end may just hear a few days after? Why isn't that lucky :smile:
Original post by Metastasis
One of my friends has gotten an offer and I know of another (dragon_knight) that has been rejected. Other than that, nothing much. And we are all internationals interviewed on the 30th of January :smile:

Perhaps they give out offers according to some certain score... Like from the highest to lowest? So the real high scores may hear from them first because they are sort of a 'confirmed' offer. Besides that, I'm sure the rest of us will hear soon and since all decisions must be made by end of March, those whose interviews are near the end may just hear a few days after? Why isn't that lucky :smile:

UCAS request that unis decisions are made by March but the actual deadline is May. Leicester interviewed the internationals and graduates in the first few days so these offers and rejections are coming out now. The home BM5 applicants will not hear until after all interviews have taken place, that is what admissions told me :smile:
Reply 1167
I'm going crazy here refreshing emails, tsr and nmm! They must know who they are giving offers for gem! Why are they dragging it out, pure torture!
Original post by Metastasis

probably the first one to sacrifice :frown:
Original post by Erotas
I can't really tell! There was one station that was by far the most difficult and I think everyone in my group agreed. It was a new experience - never had anything like it before. How about yours?

Hmm.... it was okay, tbh it went a lot better than i thought it would, the interviewers were really friendly and I kind of enjoyed it :biggrin:. But yeah, like you said, you can't really tell. It is difficult because you don't know how everyone else performed and you don't really know how people responded to the "most difficult" station. I thought that there was another station which was quite tough - not going to say any more, wouldn't want to transgress against any rules.
Original post by dragon_knight
probably the first one to sacrifice :frown:

Ah. But you already have an offer elsewhere right :smile:
Reply 1171
what was the written task like?
Reply 1172
Original post by ellippe
what was the written task like?

didn't they remove the written task?
Reply 1173
is there any chance that leicester could hand out an offer asking for less than AAA?
Reply 1174
Original post by katiep
is there any chance that leicester could hand out an offer asking for less than AAA?

...mmm not to sure about that

I thought the standard offer was AAA unless your oxbridge then i think its A*AA

If you do really well in the interview there may be a bit of "lee way" but otherwise I dont think so.

Anyway positive thinking, I am sure you will get AAA :smile:
Reply 1175
Original post by jamil78613
Hmm.... it was okay, tbh it went a lot better than i thought it would, the interviewers were really friendly and I kind of enjoyed it :biggrin:. But yeah, like you said, you can't really tell. It is difficult because you don't know how everyone else performed and you don't really know how people responded to the "most difficult" station. I thought that there was another station which was quite tough - not going to say any more, wouldn't want to transgress against any rules.

Well I can tell you that I didn't respond very well to that difficult station and I think I know which one you mean as the next hardest one. What time slot was your interview?
I was just wondering if anyone knew whether or not the interviewers see our applications before the interview. No worries if not :smile:
Original post by Erotas
Well I can tell you that I didn't respond very well to that difficult station and I think I know which one you mean as the next hardest one. What time slot was your interview?

9.30 - 10.30 - but I don't think our interview was on the same day, I was interviewed on the 28th.
Hey everyone got my first choice offer, so I am withdrawing from my interview, so that someone else hopefully gets an interview! Good luck everyone and I hope you all get what you want!
Reply 1179
Hey everyone waiting for Leicester interviews! As a post-interviewee and offer holder...I honestly wouldn't worry - easier said than done! You will of course be nervous. However the interviewers were lovely and stations were very fair and to be honest the Q's were pretty standard amongst other uni medical school interviews. Just concentrate on the stuff you would concentrate on for any medical school interview and you'll be fine. The couple of stations where it's something more specific can't be prepared for anyway - so I wouldnt worry - you also have plenty of time at each station. Just read through the usual interview stuff and dont worry too much - I think most people I met were surprised by how much better it was in realitty than in their head!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending