The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by henryt
Science degrees are hard! A-levels really aren't, in comparison! Least of all A-level maths, which is a fairly gentle step up from GCSE, I'd say. Plus, if it's fairly inevitable that you will need Maths, it will be harder to juggle learning A-level Maths whilst trying to do a degree than relearning or knowing the Maths already. So you might as well bite the bullet now, when you have plenty of support from your teachers!

ok i understand but maths is quite hard do i just have to take it up the ass now with a 6 inch rather than taking it up the ass when i go to uni with a 12 inch? that is what you're saying rite
Reply 81
Original post by zalwanich

ok i understand but maths is quite hard do i just have to take it up the ass now with a 6 inch rather than taking it up the ass when i go to uni with a 12 inch? that is what you're saying rite

Well, some people might enjoy the 12 inches more, but yes.
Reply 82
why not

Because we only had 2 classes of maths A-Level students.

There certainly weren't enough teachers to offer every module.
Reply 83

It's more of a 'do i want to be kicked in the shin now or lose my foot later'. Totally failing to understand stats makes me feel like I am missing a foot.
Reply 84
Original post by Jale
It's more of a 'do i want to be kicked in the shin now or lose my foot later'. Totally failing to understand stats makes me feel like I am missing a foot.

cheers m8
Reply 85
Original post by henryt
Well, some people might enjoy the 12 inches more, but yes.

lol
How useful is Maths A level?

I want to do biochemistry at degree and im taking chemistry and biology at A level for definite. thanks xx

Not useful for bio chemistry much unless you want to apply for imperial.

hmmmm
Reply 88
Original post by nmudz_009
hmmmm

what
Reply 89

are u sure plz be honest
Original post by cambo211
The choice for quite a large group doesn't exist.

It's often chosen by the school/teacher.

i know that, maybe i didnt make it clear enough, but the overall point is that your not restricted to certain applied modules.
some schools may do M1 and M2
whilst another school could do S1 and S2.
another school could do d1 and d2
another school could do m1 and s1
another school could M1 and D1

loads of combinations lolz. which brings me to my next question, work out the number of different combinations if your only allocated 2 slots for applied modules.................just kidddingggggg !!! :biggrin:
Reply 91

Biochemists at my uni disagree. Biologists of any sort who actually have to do experiments disagree. People who want to understand topics that have a significant modelling or data processing component disagree.

Personally I can see why my dept is thinking of putting Maths AS as a requirement.
Reply 92
Original post by Jale
Biochemists at my uni disagree. Biologists of any sort who actually have to do experiments disagree. People who want to understand topics that have a significant modelling or data processing component disagree.

Personally I can see why my dept is thinking of putting Maths AS as a requirement.

rite, so i should definately take maths up to ATLEAST AS? i can see why there would be maths involved in biochemistry

Latest

Trending

Trending