The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
__WiZaRD__
you think theyll take 2/3 marks off a 4 mark Q because i missed out 1 solution??? thats harsh

yeah, because tan^-2 >> 2 other solutions within the range, so in the end it should've been 4 solutions, for a 5 mark question.. you and I both only got 2 in the end within the stated range, thus equating to roughly 2 marks off..
Reply 21
I did not like the paper....
Reply 22
4 i think so surely i'll get atleast half marks if the 2 solutions i had were right.
Reply 23
the last question was a bit suspicious.. I couldn't factoris first hand so I had to use the formulae.. had to go a long way to get the answer
Reply 24
well it depends on how every 1 else does.

i think i got 90%+
Reply 25
Lettuce
4 i think so surely i'll get atleast half marks if the 2 solutions i had were right.

The tan question was 5 marks

--------------

w8wizz
well it depends on how every 1 else does.

i think i got 90%+

With respect to how everyone else did, could 90% more or less equate to 100 ums marks?
Reply 26
hehe i KNEW as soon as i realised there were 4 solutions that half the world would miss that. i blatantly fluffed up some adding up somewhere tho. :rolleyes:

And yeh, the geometric series question was the only log one i think. There was nothing on sine or cosine rules either was there?
Reply 27
yo_dude
The tan question was 5 marks

ok perhaps 2/3 marks for getting 2 solutions.
I think i messed up the last question abit cause i didn't have a clue what i was doing
Reply 28
i had 1/3 for question 9?

what did every 1 else get?
Reply 29
yo_dude
the last question was a bit suspicious.. I couldn't factoris first hand so I had to use the formulae.. had to go a long way to get the answer

what did you have to factorise again?
was the answer for the area of the shaded region 1/3?
Reply 30
I think i got 4 solutions off that question....
Tan's periodic every 180 degrees right?
Reply 31
i hads 1/3 for quest 9 aswell but like i said i think i messed up
Reply 32
yo_dude

we didnt have to factorize in the last question :eek:
Reply 33
__WiZaRD__
we didnt have to factorize in the last question :eek:

i think we had to, to find the x coordinates
Reply 34
yup we did, as stated above to find the x coordinates of the points of intersection
Reply 35
oh yea, he means part a, i thought he was talking about part b - the area

anyway, foctorising that was easy
Reply 36
__WiZaRD__
oh yea, he means part a, i thought he was talking about part b - the area

anyway, foctorising that was easy

what did ppl get for the area?????????????????? i had 1/3
Reply 37
did anyone else think edexcel were really annoying with the zillions of fractions they used? I mean, it was in the integration and the circles question and everything. really annoyed me cos u have to triple check everything to make sure u haven't made a stupid mistake.
w8wizz
what did ppl get for the area?????????????????? i had 1/3

Me to!

factorising bit was something like (2x - 2) (3x +4)...

--------------

smirf83
did anyone else think edexcel were really annoying with the zillions of fractions they used? I mean, it was in the integration and the circles question and everything. really annoyed me cos u have to triple check everything to make sure u haven't made a stupid mistake.

Yep...they had it in the circle eqautions...inegration intersecting points..(i think)..and on and on and on..
Being Honest, I doubt anything less than 75/75 , maybe 74/75 if it was a little harder than usual, would equate to 100 UMS...with C2 you pretty much get the UMS score the same as your percentage score.

Latest