The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
FIrst time post here...

I just got out the C2 aswell. And way too many fractions, i was using two calculators to check everything.

I got 1/3 for no.9 aswell.

Icant believe i forgot the +/- for the sq root of 4 on the tan^2=4 question!!!

Nice papert though, I cant wait till it get published. Does mark scheme come out after results right? i wanna see what i got wrong and right
Reply 41
what did everyone get for 9.a)
suppose i messed up trapezium question b

i'm predicting 70/75

not bad

better than the D first time round LOL
Reply 43
dont remember :frown:
smirf83
hehe i KNEW as soon as i realised there were 4 solutions that half the world would miss that. i blatantly fluffed up some adding up somewhere tho. :rolleyes:

And yeh, the geometric series question was the only log one i think. There was nothing on sine or cosine rules either was there?

Which part of the geometric series question did you need to use logs? Also I remeber using the Cosine rule for one question, think it was the one with the sector of a circle and you had to prove that the angle was 7/25? Have I done something wrong?
Reply 45
yo_dude
what did everyone get for 9.a)

i think the coordinates wer 1/2 and 3/2, not 100% sure what i put down.

but i had 1/3 in 9.b) like some ppl on ere, so hopefully i did get it right.

--------------

hibbert
Which part of the geometric series question did you need to use logs? Also I remeber using the Cosine rule for one question, think it was the one with the sector of a circle and you had to prove that the angle was 7/25? Have I done something wrong?

yea, i used the cosine rule to proove cosQ= 7/ 25 (i think)

well the last part of geometric series u had to find the sum of n (i think it was bigger than than 300). well my final answer was n is atleast 4.

--------------

saiyamana
suppose i messed up trapezium question b

i'm predicting 70/75

not bad

better than the D first time round LOL

on that question i think i had something like 154, cant remember exactly, but the answer lokked like this abit. lol.
Reply 46
Did anyone here do AQA C2?

Did it today, thought it was great. I think I got 73/75, which hopefully will be close enough to get 100. What did you get for the final question?
Reply 47
bobbob
Did anyone here do AQA C2?

Did it today, thought it was great. I think I got 73/75, which hopefully will be close enough to get 100. What did you get for the final question?

I did aqa c2 today, just got back from school, the last question? Ermm....what was it again?
Reply 48
Shehna
I did aqa c2 today, just got back from school, the last question? Ermm....what was it again?

A "find the shaded area" question - and the shaded region was below the curve but above the lines of the two tangents previously worked out. It wasn't the nicest question in the world.
w8wizz

well the last part of geometric series u had to find the sum of n (i think it was bigger than than 300). well my final answer was n is atleast 4.

--------------

QUOTE]

My final answer was just 4, I couldn't remeber how to do it so I did trial and error, working out S5, S4, S3. Would I still get marks for that?
Reply 50
[QUOTE="hibbert"]
w8wizz

--------------

QUOTE]

My final answer was just 4, I couldn't remeber how to do it so I did trial and error, working out S5, S4, S3. Would I still get marks for that?

well there were 4 marks, u should get atleast 2, for the correct answer and for using the Sn=a(r^n-1)/(r-1)
Reply 51
i doubt youll get marks for that, sorry!!
Reply 52
w8wizz
well there were 4 marks, u should get atleast 2, for the correct answer and for using the Sn=a(r^n-1)/(r-1)

Sn=a(r^n-1)/(r-1)

no r was less than 1

Sn= a(1-r^n)/1-r, u have to use this, but i think it works either way. On the whole the paper was easy, but i don't won't to be to optimistic here lol.......
Reply 53
Zthavan
Sn=a(r^n-1)/(r-1)

no r was less than 1

Sn= a(1-r^n)/1-r, u have to use this, but i think it works either way. On the whole the paper was easy, but i don't won't to be to optimistic here lol.......

lol, yea r= 0.75.

it should work because when u divide by negative = +ve.
Reply 54
I JUST REMEMBERED I MADE A STUPID MISTAKE FOR QUESTION 9..

INSTEAD OF MULIPLYING BY 3, I MULIPLIED BY 2.. SO I MISSED ALL THE MARKS..

re-sit the ****ing re-sit..
Reply 55
Zthavan
Sn=a(r^n-1)/(r-1)

no r was less than 1

yea, i checked the book, and ur right. but when using both methods u get the same answer!!!!!!!!!!
i think a=120, r=0.75 and Sn>300.
yo_dude
I JUST REMEMBERED I MADE A STUPID MISTAKE FOR QUESTION 9..

INSTEAD OF MULIPLYING BY 3, I MULIPLIED BY 2.. SO I MISSED ALL THE MARKS..

re-sit the ****ing re-sit..

dont you only lose like 1 or 2 marks for an incorrect answer at the end but the method is correct all the way through anyhow?... like an error carried forward kinda thing...
Reply 57
i don't knw there may be slight varations, because u will get a negative value when u do the subtractions, in the last part u have to take logs on both sides to determine the greatest value, so there is a chance u may have made a mistake, what value did u get?.....
Reply 58
What was teh answer to the trapezium rule question (the one about how many metres the train travels?)

I got 2 hundred and something but a couple of people in my class got 154m.... Im almost adament I was right (I must have checked it 5 or 6 times) but what did the people on this board get.....

Plus in C1 there was an integration and it said 'simplify this fully' how did it want you to leave the answer?
Reply 59
sebbie
What was teh answer to the trapezium rule question (the one about how many metres the train travels?)

I got 2 hundred and something but a couple of people in my class got 154m.... Im almost adament I was right (I must have checked it 5 or 6 times) but what did the people on this board get.....

Plus in C1 there was an integration and it said 'simplify this fully' how did it want you to leave the answer?

i got 154m

Latest