The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
oh right, i must have been wrong then.... did you times everything in the bracket by 2.5?
Reply 61
Zthavan
i don't knw there may be slight varations, because u will get a negative value when u do the subtractions, in the last part u have to take logs on both sides to determine the greatest value, so there is a chance u may have made a mistake, what value did u get?.....

when i took logs i changed the sign as log0.75 is negative.
n> 3.4
i had n is atleast 4
hey guys... how many marks do you think I'll lose for integrating between the wrong limits?... i got the coordinates right after the second time but I forgot to integrate the darn thing again between the new limits....
Reply 63
will anyone upload the paper?
I think I did pretty well. There were 4 solutions to the tan^2 one btw, and the Trapezium rule was around 150-ish.
Reply 65
Oooh this is encouraging, the answers people are giving on here seem familiar! :biggrin: Perhaps we shoudn't discuss the questions too much yet, I think people who do Edexcel overseas get the paper on a different day. Correct me if I'm wrong though!

All in all, it was a nice straightforward paper I thought. It's all good :smile:
C2 resit down, C3 and D1 resits to go. Oh and C4 and M2 first attempts lol. w00t.
Reply 66
i got 154 for the trapezium rule. Still gutted that i missed ±2 for the tan question. Everything else went really good.
Reply 67
yeah i just worked out the trapezium rule question from memory (it was root of 1.2^t-1) and I got 154m as well.... Im sure Im using the same method as I did in the exam as well.... weird.....
Reply 68
OMG i got the last question wrong. :frown:

i didnt get 1/3
I got 7/6 for the last question :\
Reply 70
sebbie
oh right, i must have been wrong then.... did you times everything in the bracket by 2.5?

yes
Godsize
I think I did pretty well. There were 4 solutions to the tan^2 one btw, and the Trapezium rule was around 150-ish.

I got four solutions as well, but two of them don't fit in the range 0<=x=>360, so theres only two solutions.

Just to make sure you know, <= means greater than or equal to. I don't know how to do the actual sign on computer.

--------------

sebbie

Why do u have to times by 2.5?
Reply 72
everything in hte brackets....

the question was the graph of root (1.2^t-1) between the limits of 30 and 0.... i've just redone it and got 154m yet in the exam i got 200.... (annoying) i checked it so many times i must have made a mistake in filling out the table.... will they use error carried forward do you reckon?
Wouldn't you agree that the exam was much much much easier than last year? I am well gutted, coz I didn't revise, and I messed up an easy paper.
sebbie
everything in hte brackets....

the question was the graph of root (1.2^t-1) between the limits of 30 and 0.... i've just redone it and got 154m yet in the exam i got 200.... (annoying) i checked it so many times i must have made a mistake in filling out the table.... will they use error carried forward do you reckon?

Yeah most probably.
Reply 75
no, i got 75/75 on the june paper i practiced on.....
Reply 76
Ahh dammit i think i got the tapezium rule question wrong too! I seem to remember mutiplying 2.5 and 90 something in the last step! There goes any chance of getting 100. :frown:

EDIT
actually it might have been a mistake filling out the table, i think i got 15.something for the last value we needed to work out? ah well. :frown:
It was supposed to be 1/2 x 5 x [ 0+15.73+2(3.71..+...)] which gave 153.99.
Reply 78
aaahhhh must've copied it off the calculator wrong. I had time at the end to check as well! Grrrrrr...
Reply 79
15.37 is the correct value for the last value.... i think i must have made a mistake filling out the table.... i checked the answer with the correct method several times so must hvae used an incorrect value....

Latest