The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Hi! What criteria do Birmingham specifically look for in their applicants? I know the obvious, empathy, integrity, communication etc but for L'pool, there was a list like evidence for the knowledge of the course; ability to discuss ethical scenarios etc. Does anyone know them for Bham?
Original post by MissMedic2
Hi! What criteria do Birmingham specifically look for in their applicants? I know the obvious, empathy, integrity, communication etc but for L'pool, there was a list like evidence for the knowledge of the course; ability to discuss ethical scenarios etc. Does anyone know them for Bham?

Birmingham have never given a list of traits they're looking for.

As with all medical schools, they are looking for people who will make good doctors, and being a good doctors means possessing a variety of different traits.
Original post by tomtom415
Definite keeno, finishing anatomy sheets a week in advance, and wot?!

Original post by cmkable
Oy! If I remember correctly you spent half of this afternoon doing them with me!

How's MTM, CEP and NAS revision going? :p:
Reply 2123
Original post by gozatron

oh god don't get me started... how bout you? heard second year is worse :s-smilie:
Original post by cmkable
oh god don't get me started... how bout you? heard second year is worse :s-smilie:

Haha, NAS is a bastard! But just wait until you feel the pain of DIS next term!

Horribly. Much prefer the modules we have this year to last years but i'm suffering for doing so little work in termtime... Too much fun had i think! Yeh i've heard 2nd term of 2nd year is probably the most painful you'll have at Birmingham. Exciting stuff then. Can't wait for next term though, bored of home and so much stuff to look forward to!
Original post by cmkable

Horribly. Much prefer the modules we have this year to last years but i'm suffering for doing so little work in termtime... Too much fun had i think! Yeh i've heard 2nd term of 2nd year is probably the most painful you'll have at Birmingham. Exciting stuff then. Can't wait for next term though, bored of home and so much stuff to look forward to!

Keep going!

cmkable - 2nd term is better, trust me :smile:

gozatron - 2nd term is so, so much worse. I'm sorry.

But I've very jealous of you both being at home. I'm still in my cold Selly Oak house doing dermatology. Yay for eczema.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2126

I know right? NAS is such a pain. I've heard Tselepis is an interesting character which should keep things interesting :colone:
Can't wait to get back too... methinks a medbar session is in order when term starts!
Original post by cmkable
I know right? NAS is such a pain. I've heard Tselepis is an interesting character which should keep things interesting :colone:
Can't wait to get back too... methinks a medbar session is in order when term starts!

Plethoraaaaaaaaaaaaa

MTM is the bane of my existence...farndon's lectures take about 12 years to go through
Original post by cmkable

I probably wouldn't use the word interesting... I'll refrain from my actual thoughts and just let you make your mind up about him on your own :p:

Haha quality, i do love a good bit of Whizz!

MTM is the bane of my existence...farndon's lectures take about 12 years to go through

I loved Farndon, he's probably the best lecturer you'll have in pre-clinical year now Lotes retired! I heard rumours you didn't even have Jenkinson for Embryology and you just watched our podcasts from last year haha
Reply 2130
took blood from my GP today, it was so much fun!!!
Original post by cmkable
took blood from my GP today, it was so much fun!!!

I have a photo from Saturday night of myself with two freshers I've never met before... wonder who they could be?
Reply 2132
Original post by My-My-My
I have a photo from Saturday night of myself with two freshers I've never met before... wonder who they could be?

lol, it was great meeting you! :smile:
Original post by cmkable
lol, it was great meeting you! :smile:

I apologise for my drunken state. Hope you had as good a night as I did!
Reply 2134
Original post by My-My-My
I apologise for my drunken state. Hope you had as good a night as I did!

we were probably in a similar situation :wink: and yes, bring on medball 2014!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending