The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by My-My-My
Why is that important? Would it make a difference in they got them on a Monday?

seriously who do you think you are, the way you speak to people on here.

i hope you get an interview and get seriously insulted and maybe then you will understand why i am so angry with you.
Reply 381
Why is that important? Would it make a difference in they got them on a Monday?

No difference , just for past 3 thursday's people have posted they have received interviews :smile: just wondering if letters are sent in batches. If so I can start worrying about it on wednesday nights instead of all the time :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 382
Original post by undertaker1

i hope you get an interview and get seriously insulted and maybe then you will understand why i am so angry with you.

Original post by JessBess
No difference , just for past 3 thursday's people have posted they have received interviews :smile: just wondering if letters are sent in batches. If so I can start worrying about it on wednesday nights instead of all the time :biggrin: :biggrin:

lol

She is a 3rd year brum medic. :smile:
so sadly she won't be called for interview. :eek:
Original post by spoinkytheduck
2 weeks max?? :eek:
I though it would be over a month or something! :redface:

Two weeks??

So do Birmingham just interview and offer, interview and offer...?

They don't interview everyone over a period of October to, say, March and then make their decisions and send out all the offers in, say, March/ April?
I got an invite to interview yesterday and sent my application on the 30th September. I only have 7A*'s not the 9+ everyone else has. Does anyone know how many people interview you? And how much medicine knowledge you need to have?
Reply 385
Hi, do any of you know when will the interviews for international applicants be held? :smile: Thanks!
Original post by reallys
lol

She is a 3rd year brum medic. :smile:
so sadly she won't be called for interview. :eek:

no wonder she is so arrogant
Reply 387
Original post by noneoftheabove
Two weeks??

They don't interview everyone over a period of October to, say, March and then make their decisions and send out all the offers in, say, March/ April?

they don't just interview and offer,

they reject as well. :mad:
Reply 388
Original post by mosaic02
Hi, do any of you know when will the interviews for international applicants be held? :smile: Thanks!

same time as home students.
Reply 389
Original post by reallys
same time as home students.

Noted, thank you! :smile:
Two weeks??

I thought the latter.. which I did the :eek: face!! :tongue:
But then apparently its two weeks..

Tbh, I'm confused.. I dont know.. :redface:
Original post by Rocket_Science

Original post by Rocket_Science
Aye, I've heard this too. 5A*s, I believe, but with so many people applying with 9+, you can understand why I'm apprehensive about applying. Reading the last couple of pages on this thread, I see that their primarily mode of selection is AS-level performance whereby number of A*s at GCSE is only used to distinguish between equally qualified candidates thereby.

I'd assume that I'd be pitted against other gappers, many of whom will have A*s at A-level...Guess I'll need to contact them personally for clarification. Thanks for the reply, though.

Seems like you're bang on there. Although I'm sure GCSEs are still very important if you're up against someone with 5A and you 'only' got 4A
Reply 392
Two weeks??

It varies massively so this casts a lot of doubt over how and when they make the decisions. I had my interview on a Wednesday (in April, quite late in the cycle) and received my offer on the Friday, just 2 days later, however, a friend of mine who had an interview in December had to wait nearly 4 weeks. It appears to be quite random but you can be sure that you won't have to wait as long with Birmingham as you might with some medical schools who wait til the every end of the all the interviews to make the decisions.
Reply 393

I think I am someone who has been through the application process and trying to help current applicants to realise the process is tough, random and often unfair.

I hope that answers your question.

With regards to my interview, they were actually very friendly :smile:
I think I am someone who has been through the application process and trying to help current applicants to realise the process is tough, random and often unfair.

I hope that answers your question.

With regards to my interview, they were actually very friendly :smile:

good luck with your life, i am not here to insult you.
Reply 395
good luck with your life, i am not here to insult you.

Don't worry, you didn't.
It varies massively so this casts a lot of doubt over how and when they make the decisions. I had my interview on a Wednesday (in April, quite late in the cycle) and received my offer on the Friday, just 2 days later, however, a friend of mine who had an interview in December had to wait nearly 4 weeks. It appears to be quite random but you can be sure that you won't have to wait as long with Birmingham as you might with some medical schools who wait til the every end of the all the interviews to make the decisions.

Thank you for this.

Gosh... April seems SO late and then you had your offer within two days. You must have been absolutely delighted. Well done.
Reply 397
Thank you for this.

Gosh... April seems SO late and then you had your offer within two days. You must have been absolutely delighted. Well done.

I nearly fell of my chair when I saw it on UCAS, my mum didn't believe me 'til I showed her Track. I'd had interviews at Cardiff and Leicester too but they didn't get to me for ages so it was a real shock, but Birmingham was my 1st choice so I was over the moon!

I hope you all get to feel the same :smile:
Reply 398
so excited for an interview..finally!
Reply 399
I nearly fell of my chair when I saw it on UCAS, my mum didn't believe me 'til I showed her Track. I'd had interviews at Cardiff and Leicester too but they didn't get to me for ages so it was a real shock, but Birmingham was my 1st choice so I was over the moon!

I hope you all get to feel the same :smile:

congrats man! Hope you have a great interview. Do let us know know it goes!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending