The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

I know the answer is probably no ... but has anyone with 3 A's as AS (or less) been interviewed yet? Or has anyone with 3 A's even applied? :/
Reply 941
Original post by Samy
Oh wow, thats amazing, I am really surprised that you were rejected...

I will probably get rejected to considering I got no where near that... :redface:

LOL, don't give up hope! :smile: We don't know that yet :tongue:
Reply 942
Original post by ExplorerMF
Gah!! Are they like rejecting the Canadians or something?! :mad:

I don't know :frown: I hope not :eek:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 943
Original post by lizzy999
LOL, don't give up hope! :smile: We don't know that yet :tongue:

I dont wanna get my hopes up and then get rejected.

So i'm aiming to get my hopes as low as possible so if I do get an interview I will be amazed and happy :sexface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 944
No, I haven't. I'm predicted 95% average.

WOW, thats extremely scary... a 95% average is the BEST mark one could get.... I wonder why the admissions would turn down SUCH A MARK???? go call them or smthg :frown: and find out why.
Reply 945
Out of interest, what is the written pre-task is it ethical/scientific and how hard is it? Do they give you much time?
Reply 946

Original post by Samy
I dont wanna get my hopes up and then get rejected.

So i'm aiming to get my hopes as low as possible so if I do get an interview I will be amazed and happy :sexface:

Hey Samy are you a Canadian High School applicant or are you an undergraduate student?
Reply 947
Are there any canadian undergraduate students on this thread?
Reply 948
for those who already had interviews, what's the structure like? were you given written tasks or something before the interview?
Reply 949
Original post by joker12345
I know the answer is probably no ... but has anyone with 3 A's as AS (or less) been interviewed yet? Or has anyone with 3 A's even applied? :/

i have 3 Alevels :smile: but i'm an international applicant
Reply 950
Original post by okhan11
Are there any canadian undergraduate students on this thread?

Ummm, .eXe is an undergrad applicant from Canada but he didn't apply to Bham because of their requirements :frown:
Reply 951
Original post by wafa
for those who already had interviews, what's the structure like? were you given written tasks or something before the interview?

its a 15 minute interview, mine was kind of 10 mins medical stuff and 5 minutes extra curriculas. i was on the first day of interviews and didnt get a task thing but they are doing them now i think and ive heard they are scientific and can be quite hard sometimes. im sure they give you enough time to think it through, but maybe get there a bit early so you have the max time available? :smile:
Reply 952
Got a rejection today with no interview. :frown:

So sorry to hear that you've been unsuccessful in your application to Birmingham but remember that you still have everywhere else. I know it feels awful (the first thing I heard of was a rejection from KCL before I even had any interviews) but try not to think about it and move on, focus on the rest of your application and getting the best grades in your high school exams.

Best of luck.
Reply 953
Got an email today inviting me to interview, but need to specify what dates are suitable and they said that they'd be interviewing between January and March. I take it that's for people like me who have to travel far for the interviews?
Reply 954
I have an offer :smile: :smile: sooo happy :smile:
Original post by JessBess
I have an offer :smile: :smile: sooo happy :smile:

Congratz!!! :biggrin:
Reply 956
Original post by okhan11
Hey Samy are you a Canadian High School applicant or are you an undergraduate student?

Canadian High School applicant (16 years old and in grade 12)
Reply 957
Original post by Sailingslipelick
Congratz!!! :biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: Good Luck to everyone with interviews coming up. I was terrified but they were really nice and they didn't grill me, as I said in an earlier post it was like a chat :smile: so please don't worry too much. I didn't have a task
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 958
Original post by Samy
Canadian High School applicant (16 years old and in grade 12)

how are you a grade 12 student at 16 years of age? did you skip some grades?
Reply 959
Original post by .eXe
how are you a grade 12 student at 16 years of age? did you skip some grades?

Nope, My birthday is just late (December :biggrin:)

Quick Reply