The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
So what are everyones GCSEs?
Hey I just wanted to ask a current Birmingham medical student about the GP surgery visits that they start in 1st year and what these visits involve?
Hello folks! Application sent, eek!
Reply 163
Original post by thesalamander123
Hello folks! Application sent, eek!

all the best :smile:
Reply 164
Original post by as_94
How important is the personal statement for Birmingham?

It's of the same importance to Birmingham as every other medical school (ie. very)
Came home to find my first interview letter, thanks Birmingham! Though it's safe to say I'm not ready at all, I'm crapping it and it hasn't even fully sunk in yet. Anyone else got their letters?
Original post by instrumentalist
Came home to find my first interview letter, thanks Birmingham! Though it's safe to say I'm not ready at all, I'm crapping it and it hasn't even fully sunk in yet. Anyone else got their letters?

You've got an interview already?! :eek:
I'm not even on Track yet!!
When did you send your application? And when's your interview?

And goood luck!!! :smile:
Reply 167

wel done! i just got mine too! mine is on the 19th Oct, sooooo soon?!?!?! im so not ready. how are you preparing?! and when is yours? :smile:

so happy to get one cos they accept a high % of interviewees i've heard? :biggrin:
Original post by spoinkytheduck
You've got an interview already?! :eek:
I'm not even on Track yet!!
When did you send your application? And when's your interview?

And goood luck!!! :smile:

I sent it a week/and a half ago? Thanks!

Original post by OliHudson
wel done! i just got mine too! mine is on the 19th Oct, sooooo soon?!?!?! im so not ready. how are you preparing?! and when is yours? :smile:

so happy to get one cos they accept a high % of interviewees i've heard? :biggrin:

Mine's on the 19th too, and likewise! Tell me about it, I think I'm gonna just look through my PS and preempt questions on it, as well as research the usual NHS/ethics stuff. I'm sure I'll still find a way to muck up the interview though!
What time's your interview? Mine's after the med school tour at 2:45.
I sent it a week/and a half ago? Thanks!

Mine's on the 19th too, and likewise! Tell me about it, I think I'm gonna just look through my PS and preempt questions on it, as well as research the usual NHS/ethics stuff. I'm sure I'll still find a way to muck up the interview though!

You guys are making me so jelly!!! :tongue:

Well done and good luck!! :smile:
Reply 170

Ah I'll see you there! mine is at 11, before the tour! so ill tell you what it was like haha
i thought interviews would be Nov earliest so i havent really started prep yet. Any good sites/sources for NHS stuff? im BAD on current affairs and what is going on with NHS? i think this site should be good for ethics and stuff apparently:
http://www.ministryofethics.co.uk/?p=9

where else have you applied to? and where are you from? sorry for all the questions haha
Reply 171
You guys are making me so jelly!!! :tongue:

Well done and good luck!! :smile:

What were your GCSEs, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Ah I'll see you there! mine is at 11, before the tour! so ill tell you what it was like haha
i thought interviews would be Nov earliest so i havent really started prep yet. Any good sites/sources for NHS stuff? im BAD on current affairs and what is going on with NHS? i think this site should be good for ethics and stuff apparently:
http://www.ministryofethics.co.uk/?p=9

where else have you applied to? and where are you from? sorry for all the questions haha

I'm mainly using BBC Health and the BMA and GMC websites too probably; I'll jot stuff down to remind myself :smile:
I applied to Cambridge - Christ's College, UCL and King's :smile:.

Original post by Blackshadow
What were your GCSEs, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

10A*s and 1.5As, damn English Literature and short course ICT!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 174

Hey, I got a letter today as well :smile: Looks like I'll be seeing you on the 19th :P lol, though I'm bricking it now, its so soon!! Well done btw :smile:
Reply 175
Original post by Kooala
Hey, I got a letter today as well :smile: Looks like I'll be seeing you on the 19th :P lol, though I'm bricking it now, its so soon!! Well done btw :smile:

awesome well done!! what time is yours? :smile: so excited but scared!, where have you applied to? i heard like 80% of interviewees get offers, so hope ours go well!
Interviews, if people are interested, are on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Those of you who have interviews on Wednesday the 19th of October, good luck - you're the first batch :wink:

I sent my UCAS to my tutor going on 2 weeks ago now but she's still not done my reference :frown:

Hopefully it'll be gone by next week then (reeally hopefully) I'll be in your position in not too long!! :colondollar:
Reply 178
I sent my UCAS to my tutor going on 2 weeks ago now but she's still not done my reference :frown:

Hopefully it'll be gone by next week then (reeally hopefully) I'll be in your position in not too long!! :colondollar:

that is so annoying, my tutor has been rubbish with my reference too, had to chase so much! where else have you applied? :smile: i really really like Bham, i would looooovee to get in there.
awesome well done!! what time is yours? :smile: so excited but scared!, where have you applied to? i heard like 80% of interviewees get offers, so hope ours go well!

Original post by Kooala

CONGRATS! :biggrin: I just got the UCAS acknowledgement letter in the post today lol
What were your GCSE grades, AS grades and A2 predictions if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending